Kevin just tweeted this link:

Http://www.playbookwithoutlimits.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 05:52 PM
    i can haz beta code? lol
    01-28-11 05:58 PM
    Sweet,

Man what I wouldn't give to get a pilot device! but they wont let them out of the US so even if Verizon offered it to my company I couldn't get one!
    01-28-11 06:00 PM
    It does reference beta zone but I just logged and didn't see anything. Wonder what this is.

01-28-11 06:24 PM
    It does reference beta zone but I just logged and didn't see anything. Wonder what this is.

It tells you you can't use Beta Zone, basically No beta software should be running on a Pilot PreRelease device,

They don't want to stack bugs on top of bugs,

They stress that the device is pre retail hardware and software so I would assume that this is going to be only for those large customers who have potential of bringing in a volume of Playbooks, presumable LARGE BES clients.
    01-28-11 06:28 PM
    Yeah. Seems to be for corporate accounts only.

01-28-11 07:01 PM
    So what's the deal with this? You have to have a Corp account and Verizon will give you a free playbook to test or something?

My company has a Corp acct with Verizon. Maybe I need to contact our Rep and see about this...
    01-28-11 09:32 PM
    So what's the deal with this? You have to have a Corp account and Verizon will give you a free playbook to test or something?

My company has a Corp acct with Verizon. Maybe I need to contact our Rep and see about this...
    Sounds like it.

01-29-11 06:24 PM
    But how can this be? The media has been saying that it was unknown how RIM would sell the PlayBook! There's no way they can use their existing relationships with carriers and retail outlets. My world is coming apart!

01-29-11 06:35 PM
    Here is the response I got when I asked about getting a code:

From: PlayBook Without Limits Support [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 2:42 PM
    To: Jones, Richard
    Subject: Re: How do I get a registration code

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the program. Please note this is an exclusive program for Verizon enterprise customers and participation is by invitation only.

If you would like more information on BlackBerry PlayBook, please visit BlackBerry - 4G PlayBook Tablet PC. Get BlackBerry 4G PlayBook Tablet.

Thank you!
    01-31-11 01:44 PM
    But how can this be? The media has been saying that it was unknown how RIM would sell the PlayBook! There's no way they can use their existing relationships with carriers and retail outlets. My world is coming apart!

The page mentions that VZW will be a "reseller". So it sounds like you will be able to get a Wifi only PB from VZW, but perhaps only if you are an Enterprise client.
    01-31-11 01:45 PM
    The page mentions that VZW will be a "reseller". So it sounds like you will be able to get a Wifi only PB from VZW, but perhaps only if you are an Enterprise client.
    Has big red ever sold wifi only devices? It doesn't say anything about wifi that I saw. Have a feeling it could be a mobile version, otherwise why would they be beta testing a production unit...especially if the production rumors are true. Also vzw has never sold or offered devices not on their network or exclusively wifi

My money is on mobile version

01-31-11 01:51 PM
    ipad is wifi only
    01-31-11 01:58 PM
    Has big red ever sold wifi only devices? It doesn't say anything about wifi that I saw. Have a feeling it could be a mobile version, otherwise why would they be beta testing a production unit...especially if the production rumors are true. Also vzw has never sold or offered devices not on their network or exclusively wifi

My money is on mobile version

You could be right...I was going off this statement on the FAQ and maybe I am reading more into term "Resell"

Is Verizon going to resell BlackBerry PlayBook?�

Verizon is working with RIM on overall support of the BlackBerry PlayBook, however Verizon has not made any public statements or announcements.
    Further up it references that VZW is working with RIM to support the PB and that it is expected in Q2.

Check out the FAQ at: FAQ | BlackBerry Playbook Without Limits Beta Program
    01-31-11 01:59 PM
    ipad is wifi only
    Yes but it was heavily marketed and push as paired with their MiFi service

Yea it's on standalone too...I stand corrected...regardless as the wifi versions are in production logic draws me to say its a mobile platform...who knows

01-31-11 02:31 PM

Further up it references that VZW is working with RIM to support the PB and that it is expected in Q2.

Check out the FAQ at: FAQ | BlackBerry Playbook Without Limits Beta Program
    And the roadmap says CDMA version available in Q2 so vzw could also be carrying the mobile version...nice catch

01-31-11 02:33 PM
    And the roadmap says CDMA version available in Q2 so vzw could also be carrying the mobile version...nice catch

I think that is the already announced sprint version. As of about a month ago VZW had nothing in test from RIM and was not even aware of anything coming.

At least not the guys who deal with BB's. PR sometimes know earlier.

01-31-11 02:57 PM
    Yes but it was heavily marketed and push as paired with their MiFi service

Yea it's on standalone too...I stand corrected...regardless as the wifi versions are in production logic draws me to say its a mobile platform...who knows

They can throw in a curve 3G as the MiFi. This way they get the $29/month data fee for the curve and another $20/month for tethering. Win win for VZW. Heck that's even better than selling a 3g playbook on its own.

01-31-11 02:58 PM
    Any word on the corporate testing timeline?
    02-08-11 01:10 PM
    beta zone ended
    02-08-11 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD