Thought I would share my solution for mounting a Playbook in vehicle.

This solution allows for easy insertion and removal, and can be moved from one car to another. It also allows for the Playbook to remain in a convertible case, and I am hoping once my keyboard arrives in will also fit. And yes you can still swivel.

I bought everything from GPS City in Calgary. Garmin GPS & Accessories, RAM Mounts, Lowrance GPS, TomTom GPS at GPS City Canada

Here is the part list.

Hope this helps anyone else looking to mount in the car.
    spike12, Zirak, madman0141 and 2 others like this.
    03-20-12 06:13 PM
    Thank you for sharing, I have been trying to think of a way to mount the Playbook without removing it from the convertible case.
    One question. Does the ball swivel keep the whole setup firmly in place? I would think the vehicle vibration would make it loose over time.
    03-20-12 06:28 PM
    The arm that connects the two ball mounts has a tension nob on it, once tightened mine doesn't move.

That why I chose that arm. All the other solutions I've seen would just fall or eventually fall.
    craigs likes this.
    03-20-12 06:32 PM
    What's holding the ball mount to the "phony cup" aparatus? I don't see any screws in your photo?

I've already got the arm and diamond ball mount (from a prior garmin mount for my bicycle).
    03-20-12 07:32 PM
    The ball mount came with double sided adhesive pad. It's been 5 months and still holding.
    03-20-12 07:36 PM
    That would work well in my car but a little pricey. Thanks for sharing though.
    03-21-12 02:10 PM
    Was talking to my cousin about something similar, but mounting it on the passenger side dash. Only worried about how the airbag would deploy if that ever happened. *knock on wood*

First pic is how I used to listen to grooveshark.

The second one is after I smartened up lol
    der Geist likes this.
    03-21-12 07:57 PM
    That would work well in my car but a little pricey. Thanks for sharing though.
    Well since I actually went to their store in Calgary they bundled everything and I ended up paying 42$ for the setup, still pricey, but I spend 12 Hours a day in my truck so it made sense to have a secure platform to hold my Playbook.
    03-22-12 07:47 PM
    Was talking to my cousin about something similar, but mounting it on the passenger side dash. Only worried about how the airbag would deploy if that ever happened. *knock on wood*

First pic is how I used to listen to grooveshark.

The second one is after I smartened up lol
    There is another solution that I looked at, its a 18 inch long flex rod, that you bolt onto one of the seat bolts, that might be a solution you want to look at.
    03-22-12 07:50 PM
    I mounted my hard "cover" from my Otterbox case to the top of the flexible RAM rod....very nice and secure.
    03-24-12 08:21 AM
    Incipio hardshell case mounted to an igrip vent mount. If i could mount it higher and change the angle i could shoot hd pov video with it instead of with my gopro.

Good access with eyes on the road visuals.
    I just need a good gps program like my nokia drive or gps drive on my ipad. Benice to bridge to the gps i had on my old tmo bold i traded in for my lumia

farskija and Reckage like this.
    03-25-12 12:20 PM
    Btw this is a picture of my setup for my playbook in my car, works great for Web surfing or watching a video in traffic (just kidding) and especially listening to my music! Btw I would have posted this sooner but I finally figured out I could post pics from my BB 9860 DUH!
    Reckage likes this.
    03-25-12 11:02 PM
    These are all great idea, Thanks for sharing.
    03-26-12 12:35 AM
    Btw this is a picture of my setup for my playbook in my car, works great for Web surfing or watching a video in traffic (just kidding) and especially listening to my music! Btw I would have posted this sooner but I finally figured out I could post pics from my BB 9860 DUH!
    The cops don't hassle you about this?

Cause I know here in the Canmore/Banff area, they will give you a ticket for having a anything on the wind shield.
    03-26-12 07:55 AM
    Thanks for sharing got a road trip I take 2-3 times a month and thiswill set up perfectly in my mighty Dodge Challenger.
    boozella likes this.
    03-26-12 08:19 AM
    The cops don't hassle you about this?

Cause I know here in the Canmore/Banff area, they will give you a ticket for having a anything on the wind shield.
    I don't know about where you live, but here in montreal there is no law that prohibits anything on our windshields...but they do ticket you if you leave your GPS in the car...but what does everyone do about their GPS? Most are windshield mounted....
    03-26-12 11:28 AM
    Thanks Reck' for taking the time post your solution.

I've been wondering about utilizing my unused mughole(s) on roadtrips for a future PB mount. At first thinking a chunk of a kids swimming noodle for the base insert then ....

But this solution bundled for $42 is not a bad pricepoint !!
    Of course closer to 0 is always better no matter what you're buying, but if there are other manufactured configs using the cup holder base method cheaper, let's see them !

Reck' .... will the tablet cradle close up for a 6.5cm x 11.5cm piece of electronics ! ... then in the future when I acquire a PB I could just open it up as your config' is set !
    *Update -- fd, the RAM specs on the cradle seemingly minimum 6.8"

Will note down or attempt to print off your parts list image to shop 'round, likely end up visiting the local (YYC) source !

Right now with my MSzune I tend to just let it reside in one mughole , or slide 'round the centreconsole surface, and tap on a single button when tunes are on shuffle to move to another choice ....

thanks !
    Last edited by Cracklen; 03-26-12 at 01:03 PM. Reason: fd. answer to min. size ques.
    Reckage likes this.
    03-26-12 12:40 PM
    Here's mine in my VW Touareg.

I'm on a video call over hotspot on my 9900.

And great that the PB plays Flash.. for allsp.com, again streaming over hotspot.

My ride

beman39 likes this.
    03-26-12 08:51 PM
    how is it sitting? I haven't tried vid chat over hot spot, how well does it work?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3
    03-26-12 09:06 PM
    Here's mine in my VW Touareg.

I'm on a video call over hotspot on my 9900.

Click to view quoted image

And great that the PB plays Flash.. for allsp.com, again streaming over hotspot.

My ride

how does this "hotspot" work? I have tried the video calling using my tether on my torch but I find the data too slow and the video freezes alot or stops...I find the 4g on rogers very slow and not as fast as they claim it is....
    03-26-12 09:32 PM