Hey
    Not too sure if this has been discussed before but to stream shows/movies a popular site out there is www.veetle.com. on the PB.

Most of the channels work (to watch channels in HD is still an issue as you need to download and install a file) but anyways enjoy it!.
    Last edited by patpatiar; 08-09-11 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Grammar issues
    sf49ers, CurtJ, NinjaBread and 2 others like this.
    08-09-11 10:53 AM
    i've had good success with both veetle.com and justin.tv. i have even discovered that i can broadcast on justin.tv WITH the playbook! i have found that i can use either camera and the mic to broadcast audio and video live. My little nieces loved to watch my kitty cat.
    08-09-11 11:37 AM
    Wow! i just tried www.veetle.com and the TV channel i selected started up immediately with excellent quality! Very impressed! Too bad the HD does not work for PB but quality is good on the channel i chose.
    08-09-11 05:02 PM
    Just tried also - like!!

THX
    08-09-11 07:45 PM
    Good find! Gotta love streaming over Bridge which is normally too slow for me. Thanks!
    08-09-11 07:51 PM
    Cool site, and not just because it works on the PB. Thanks.
    08-09-11 09:57 PM
    nice job... loving it...
    08-09-11 11:22 PM
    Great site! Love it! Works fabulously! Thanks for posting this!
    08-10-11 07:35 AM
    for some reason I can't get anything to stream on this site or others. I have the latest OS. is there something i need to download first? Any additional tips would be appreciated. The PB hangs after a while on USA.net streams and TNT.tv shows as well. I can't get Veetle or justin.tv to give me a startin stream...
    08-10-11 07:50 AM
    for some reason I can't get anything to stream on this site or others. I have the latest OS. is there something i need to download first? Any additional tips would be appreciated. The PB hangs after a while on USA.net streams and TNT.tv shows as well. I can't get Veetle or justin.tv to give me a startin stream...
    That happened to me once before...make sure you have a decent WIFI connection and try clearing your cache and restarting your PB, other then that...i have no idea on what to try.... maybe someone else could help?
    08-10-11 02:21 PM
    my problem is veetle tries to launch the HD channel which bring up the download codec screen, but I am not able to launch the non-HD version of the channel?

On pc for example, after I select channel, the HD streaming starts I can then drop to non-HD (flash) streaming...but stuck on PB.
    08-11-11 07:10 AM
    I could not watch a single movie because everyone I tried was "HD". I was able to watch a few TV series. At a quick glance, the content selection is far from great, but I guess its better than nothing.

Thanks for the heads up.
    08-11-11 08:02 AM
    I tried to watch a couple movie channels last night and they have worked. I always opt for the NON HD mode though, I'm glad you guys are liking the site
    08-11-11 11:20 AM
    I tried to watch a couple movie channels last night and they have worked. I always opt for the NON HD mode though, I'm glad you guys are liking the site
    How can I opt for non-hd? I get stuck at download plugin for hd, don't see any option to link for non-hd. On pc i can switch to non hd once it loads up the hd player...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 02:04 PM
    Love it, thanks
    I just watched planet of the apes, sweeeeet app!!
    Last edited by Dapper37; 08-12-11 at 12:26 AM.
    yipsilon likes this.
    08-11-11 03:11 PM
    How can I opt for non-hd? I get stuck at download plugin for hd, don't see any option to link for non-hd. On pc i can switch to non hd once it loads up the hd player...

It depends on the broadcaster whether they add the option for non-hd, if there isn't then your outta luck unless you drop a comment on the side asking the broadcaster to add the option.

08-11-11 07:33 PM
    It depends on the broadcaster whether they add the option for non-hd, if there isn't then your outta luck unless you drop a comment on the side asking the broadcaster to add the option.

I know that broadcast has both HD and non-HD, what I am saying is that browsing to it the first time causes website to try to load HD (which gives the download plugin screen and no way to switch to non-HD).

I can verify on my desktop, browse to stream (it starts playing HD), click the "HD" button to turn off HD and then it play SD, but since PB does not load the HD player, I can't switch it off.
    08-12-11 12:18 AM
    Hey:
    As for that, as soon as it loads the option to download the codec, try refreshing the screen or choosing a channel in standard definition..then switching back to your original channel.

Other then that I have no idea. :S

gluck
    08-13-11 12:01 AM
    Love Veetle... Hate the Resolution when it comes to NFL streams on Sunday... So what needs to happen for the PB to play in HD?
    10-10-11 12:21 PM
    tried a couple of movies and tv shows and it works for my, flawlessly!
    10-10-11 01:03 PM
    yeah, i know there are channels that work fine... I'm curious what needs to happen to get the HD portion of the channels to run on the Playbook... On a PC you have to download software... so can someone that's a lot smarter then me program the app to run the HD channels for the Palybook?
    10-10-11 05:11 PM
    Thanks for this... Great site
    10-10-11 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD