anyone know if veetle.com will be able to work on the playbook any time soon? one of the main reasons why i bought the playbook was so i can stream some sports on this bad boy at work and school
    04-22-11 11:27 PM
    I was thinking the same especially for the NBA playoffs when I'm at work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 11:32 PM
    i just visited veetle.com from my playbook and it works like a charm.

04-22-11 11:44 PM
    did u try playing any of the videos?
    04-22-11 11:56 PM
    thats what i meant yes videos on there play fine. the playbook handles all flash! even sites that are 100% flash!

4x4 berry likes this.
    04-22-11 11:59 PM
    cant play video here
    04-22-11 11:59 PM
    i understand it handles 100% flash but veetle has its own player and the videos dont play because its not a flash player
    04-23-11 12:03 AM
    edit actually vettle works here, i let it sit and now video started playing
    04-23-11 12:05 AM
    just started working after bout a minute i guess it was the specific movie link i was trying sorry thanks guys the playbook just got better for me
    04-23-11 12:14 AM
    hadn't been to this site before so decided go check it out, but when I tried the turtle movie it said I need to install a HD player. Is that possible on the playbook browser? plugins?
    04-23-11 12:21 AM
    hadn't been to this site before so decided go check it out, but when I tried the turtle movie it said I need to install a HD player. Is that possible on the playbook browser? plugins?
    not at the moment but i hope veetle is working on one just like on the iOS devices.
    04-23-11 01:21 AM
    I just got a playbook and Veetle is not working. The player is not even showing up, just a white screen where it should be. Does anyone has any ideas what is going on? I know that the hd needs a plugin, so I tried the tv shows that I checked on my laptop to make sure it is not an hd channel. I was wondering if the 2.0 update has anything to do with it. I would love to solve this problem if it is possible since one of the reasons I got the PB to watch Veetle....
    Thanks all.

P.S. Just realized that this is an old thread so if anyone still has Veetle working please let me know!
    03-02-12 09:58 PM
    I was watching a movie last night. Tonight this is what I got. I tried sideloading the veetle bar file but it doesn't work - it wants me to download flash since the PB has flash natively it makes no sense.
    04-04-12 08:05 PM
    It works through SimpleBrowser with the user agent set to FireFox. There is a Write To Us link on the top, I suggest we all politely ask them to help us. Here's the message I sent:

Is there a particular reason why the BlackBerry PlayBook browser is being blocked on your site? It had been working fine until just recently. It does work when using a brwser with a different user agent string. Hopefully, this is just a simple oversight that can be corrected soon and the 1 Million + PlayBook users will be able to access your wonderful site. Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 04-04-12 at 09:25 PM.
    RWD and vPOWr6 like this.
    04-04-12 09:21 PM
    It works through SimpleBrowser with the user agent set to FireFox. There is a Write To Us link on the top, I suggest we all politely ask them to help us. Here's the message I sent:

Is there a particular reason why the BlackBerry PlayBook browser is being blocked on your site? It had been working fine until just recently. It does work when using a brwser with a different user agent string. Hopefully, this is just a simple oversight that can be corrected soon and the 1 Million + PlayBook users will be able to access your wonderful site. Thanks for your time.
    How do you change the user agent?
    mprice63 likes this.
    04-05-12 02:09 AM

Sent . I tried Dolphin browser but again no flash. I have the free Simple Browser - maybe time to upgrade.
    04-05-12 06:10 AM
    How do you change the user agent?
    In settings. Top swipe down, then tap the top, second from right icon.
    04-05-12 10:40 PM
    Error : Live Video is not supported on this device. Please try watching this video on PC, MAC, iOS or Android device...

Anyone manage to get it work?
    04-06-12 05:09 AM
    Simple browser paid version works fine. Only $1.99 in Appworld. Unfortunately it has other issues (mostly with tabs, and I had my first crash with it today) but it's worth the two bucks.
    04-07-12 01:52 PM
    Just stopped working after the new update.
    02-15-13 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD