Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TheScionicMan
  • 1 Post By heppyX
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default veetle?

anyone know if veetle.com will be able to work on the playbook any time soon? one of the main reasons why i bought the playbook was so i can stream some sports on this bad boy at work and school
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

I was thinking the same especially for the NBA playoffs when I'm at work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

i just visited veetle.com from my playbook and it works like a charm.

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

did u try playing any of the videos?
    CrackBerry Master

thats what i meant yes videos on there play fine. the playbook handles all flash! even sites that are 100% flash!

Thanked by:
    4x4 berry (04-23-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

cant play video here
    You should really check out @Dropbox. It's hot. http://db.tt/uKS1Pry
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

i understand it handles 100% flash but veetle has its own player and the videos dont play because its not a flash player
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

edit actually vettle works here, i let it sit and now video started playing
    You should really check out @Dropbox. It's hot. http://db.tt/uKS1Pry
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

just started working after bout a minute i guess it was the specific movie link i was trying sorry thanks guys the playbook just got better for me
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

hadn't been to this site before so decided go check it out, but when I tried the turtle movie it said I need to install a HD player. Is that possible on the playbook browser? plugins?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMe11 View Post
    hadn't been to this site before so decided go check it out, but when I tried the turtle movie it said I need to install a HD player. Is that possible on the playbook browser? plugins?
    not at the moment but i hope veetle is working on one just like on the iOS devices.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Veetle.com is not working.....

I just got a playbook and Veetle is not working. The player is not even showing up, just a white screen where it should be. Does anyone has any ideas what is going on? I know that the hd needs a plugin, so I tried the tv shows that I checked on my laptop to make sure it is not an hd channel. I was wondering if the 2.0 update has anything to do with it. I would love to solve this problem if it is possible since one of the reasons I got the PB to watch Veetle....
    Thanks all.

P.S. Just realized that this is an old thread so if anyone still has Veetle working please let me know!
  13. RWD
    CrackBerry Abuser

I was watching a movie last night. Tonight this is what I got. I tried sideloading the veetle bar file but it doesn't work - it wants me to download flash since the PB has flash natively it makes no sense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails veetle?-img_00000117.jpg  
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

It works through SimpleBrowser with the user agent set to FireFox. There is a Write To Us link on the top, I suggest we all politely ask them to help us. Here's the message I sent:

Is there a particular reason why the BlackBerry PlayBook browser is being blocked on your site? It had been working fine until just recently. It does work when using a brwser with a different user agent string. Hopefully, this is just a simple oversight that can be corrected soon and the 1 Million + PlayBook users will be able to access your wonderful site. Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 04-04-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    RWD and vPOWr6 like this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by TheScionicMan View Post
    It works through SimpleBrowser with the user agent set to FireFox. There is a Write To Us link on the top, I suggest we all politely ask them to help us. Here's the message I sent:

Is there a particular reason why the BlackBerry PlayBook browser is being blocked on your site? It had been working fine until just recently. It does work when using a brwser with a different user agent string. Hopefully, this is just a simple oversight that can be corrected soon and the 1 Million + PlayBook users will be able to access your wonderful site. Thanks for your time.
    How do you change the user agent?
    mprice63 likes this.
  16. RWD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by TheScionicMan View Post

Sent . I tried Dolphin browser but again no flash. I have the free Simple Browser - maybe time to upgrade.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by heppyX View Post
    How do you change the user agent?
    In settings. Top swipe down, then tap the top, second from right icon.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,661 Global Posts

Error : Live Video is not supported on this device. Please try watching this video on PC, MAC, iOS or Android device...

Anyone manage to get it work?
  19. RWD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Simple browser paid version works fine. Only $1.99 in Appworld. Unfortunately it has other issues (mostly with tabs, and I had my first crash with it today) but it's worth the two bucks.
    CrackBerry User

Just stopped working after the new update.