Can i plug my memory stick into it to get things off my memory stick?
    08-26-12 01:59 AM
    Not as yet..
    Last I read somewhere they did put in the USB OTG driver in but havent activated it .. yet..
    08-26-12 02:30 AM
    Thanks

On ebay where their selling these type cables it says you can transfer files to and from tablets. What do they mean then?
    08-26-12 03:21 AM
    Thanks

On ebay where their selling these type cables it says you can transfer files to and from tablets. What do they mean then?
    Share the link ? Than we can determine
    08-26-12 03:51 AM
    Welcome to the forums.. if you want to read up on the playbook, click the link below my signature.. it's in a pdf file and you can download it for future reference.
    BuzzStarField and spike12 like this.
    08-26-12 04:25 AM
    You can plug a micro-usb into your playbook and use it that way, but not a regular one.
    08-26-12 06:27 AM
    08-26-12 06:54 AM
    Well it would work if RIM updates the port to be OTG which it is not yet but some members find files for it hidden in the OS.
    08-26-12 07:29 AM
    With these cables you can access files and folders on your PB from your desktop computer. Tap on the gear icon on the PB home screen and then open the "Storage and Sharing" tab. Here you can enable File Sharing. You need to be running the latest version RIM Desktop Software when you connect for the first time so that the necessary drivers will be installed on your pc.

Please refer to the user manual for further information. Here is a direct link to the section on USB file sharing:
    Share files between your computer and tablet using a USB connection - User Guide - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - 2.0

Note that your PB does not have drivers that support USB host functionality. This means that you cannot currently access your PC files from the PB via the USB cable, nor can you connect a USB stick, various "on the go" devices or other devices to the PB's USB port.
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 08-26-12 at 10:36 AM.
    08-26-12 07:30 AM
    Note that your PB does not have drivers that support USB host functionality. This means that you cannot currently access your PC files from the PB, nor can you connect a USB stick, various "on the go" devices or other devices to the PB's USB port.
    While it's true that you can't access you PC files from your PB through USB, there are various apps available- LAN File Exploreer, Ghost Commander, ES File Explorer, etc.- that do allow you to access your PC's files through wifi.
    08-26-12 08:35 AM
    Yep all of the above but if the OP wants to plug a usb stick into the pb, it isn't possible yet.
    08-26-12 08:51 AM
    Hopefully they will implement this soon. Would these drivers also work for portable hardrives?

Nice to see you posting again Buzz. I'm curious as to what's been keeping you so busy?
    08-26-12 09:01 AM
    Nice to see you posting again Buzz. I'm curious as to what's been keeping you so busy?
    What's been keeping me busy? A bit of vacation and a bit of attention to home and family. A bit of Java development for the OS7 version of What's up (nowhere as easy as I thought). Some AS3 development (almost ready to submit an update to App World). Also working on necessary changes to get the app working perfectly on the dev alpha device (the OS is flaky and the new Air SDK is a bit buggy and not quite complete). And last but not least I've been working on a couple of "real" contracts for real money. Sadly, I have been totally neglecting the Facebook page and my participation here. I hope to improve my presence in both places but it won't be at the same level as before.
    jafobabe likes this.
    08-26-12 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD