Thinking of getting a Foscam ip camera to monitor our imminent new baby. The sales blurb says it will work with BlackBerry and I am interested in using it with my PB. Has anyone any experience of PBs with these cameras, and can anyone recommend any apps?
    04-25-13 04:03 PM
    IP cameras can be viewed from any browser providing access is allowed. As long as your camera is connected to a valid network your PB browser will be able to view it.
    Ayrton5 likes this.
    04-25-13 04:07 PM
    I use TinyCam Monitor free on my play book to connect to my Cisco WVC 210 it works well. It also has a web interface at
    WVC210 Wireless-G PTZ Internet Camera with Audio
    but it's nicer viewing it via Tinycam
    04-25-13 04:48 PM
    I use tinycam with my foscam IP camera. Works great. I also use the foscam web interface which i have bookmarked.
    04-25-13 07:01 PM
    I use tinycam with my foscam IP camera. Works great. I also use the foscam web interface which i have bookmarked.
    Which Foscam do you have? What is the audio like? My wife is concerned that I have selected an over-techy solution that won't actually deliver on what we actually need. Don't know what she's talking about
    04-25-13 07:08 PM
    We have a number of Foscam 8910's and also the HD (720p) ones (don't remember the model number) .
    Tiny cam monitor pro works great with all of them. Audio is good, IR is excellent and the pan/tilt works as advertised.
    Applies to the PlayBook and the Z10

@@ BlackBerry 10 Mobile Messaging @@
    04-25-13 07:24 PM
    I have an 8910W.

I honestly don't use the audio. But from what I remember when I first got the camera and played around with the audio it wasn't very good. The volume was quite low and there was quite a bit of lag.

I have to agree with your wife on this one. There are a lot of really good baby monitors with IR and better sound quality around the same price as a foscam.
    04-25-13 09:48 PM
    Which Foscam do you have? What is the audio like? My wife is concerned that I have selected an over-techy solution that won't actually deliver on what we actually need. Don't know what she's talking about
    Nah an over techy solution would be full motion and thermal sensors linked to an automated nanny system combined with soothing music output and hydraulic rocking actuators on the crib
    FF22 likes this.
    04-26-13 03:52 AM
    Okay so I've got the foscam and tinycam and nearly all is good. I just need to stop the playbook from going into standby after five minutes. As far as I can see, the os doesn't allow me to do that via a free-standing setting, does tinycam or any other applications have a way to keep the image on screen and/or the sound coming through the photos speakers? I will be using the phone for monitoring our baby whilst on a charging stand. So power is not a problem but standby certainly is.
    05-04-13 05:34 PM
    There are a few programs that can keep the pb from entering standby. There general limitation is that they have to either be front and center and be the foreground running app, or (and this might help you), they have to be partially on the screen in a reduced window. So, for instance Battery Guru has a keep alive button and as long as a part of it is showing, the pb will not enter standby and your other program can be reduced as long as it keeps running and does not stop when reduced. The pb's Settings has an option for Showcase Mode which allows programs to keep running.
    Ayrton5 likes this.
    05-04-13 05:51 PM