I noticed that my PB charger charges my BB 9790 faster than the charger from the box, but i've been told NOT to use PB charger to charge blackberry phones, since the strong current will kill the battery. is it true? thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    10-08-12 09:03 AM
    A quick search in these forums will reveal several threads which address this subject in detail.
    10-08-12 09:14 AM
    No, I'm not sure if RIM sells rapid chargers for their smartphone line but if they did I'm thinking it'll be very similar to the PlayBooks in terms of specifications
    10-08-12 09:16 AM
    Not true, infact RIM sells the PB charger as a "premium" charger for BlackBerry phones. No matter what the charger puts out, the phone will limit the current to safe levels. This is true with most modern electronics. I have used the PB charger exclusively since April 2011 on multiple BlackBerry phones without issue.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    10-08-12 09:18 AM
    "You will also need to ensure you are using a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet-compatible charger, such as the charger that’s included in the box at purchase. If you own a BlackBerry� smartphone, the charger that you use for it is not compatible with your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet charger, however, is capable of charging both a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and a BlackBerry smartphone." from another thread, so it would seem that its fine to charge with your PlayBook charger.
    10-08-12 09:18 AM
    I routinely charge my Playbook with my Blackberry chargers (it's slow but it charges) and my Blackberries with my Playbook charger. I've been doing this since day one and none of the devices have had a battery blow up or die.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    10-08-12 09:26 AM
    thanks all!

10-08-12 09:29 AM
    I noticed that my PB charger charges my BB 9790 faster than the charger from the box, but i've been told NOT to use PB charger to charge blackberry phones, since the strong current will kill the battery. is it true? thanks.

Not true! I bought a rapid charger for my PB and have been using the PB charger for my Berrys as a rapid charger ever since. It works great!!!
    10-08-12 09:47 AM
    I routinely charge my Playbook with my Blackberry chargers (it's slow but it charges) and my Blackberries with my Playbook charger. I've been doing this since day one and none of the devices have had a battery blow up or die.
    As do I.
    10-09-12 04:09 AM
    I use the PB charger on my cheapo LG flip phone, the batteries were dying in a day with no use using the standard charger, now the LG goes for weeks without a charge and limited use. It seems to have revived the LG battery. I also use the PB charger on my BB phone in cases where I need a fast charge.
    10-12-12 05:56 AM
    It's been my experience - the PB charger will charge much faster but also drain quicker. I've tested this and it's been the case for me. Slow and steady charge is the way to go.

It won't kill the battery or harm the battery in anyway.

Posted from My Mobile App
    10-12-12 09:43 AM