Yes, I'm sure it was plugged in all the way. I tried this several times and the sound just keeps going in and out and then finally the sound dies and I hear no more, but still see the picture. If the port is broken, is there a way to fix it?
    02-27-15 06:51 AM
    It's probably not worth fixing. Try a different cable, and if that doesn't work, as a workaround you could always turn off hdmi audio in settings and either use the Playbook's speakers for sound or use the headphone jack to send the audio to your TV or to a set of external speakers.
    02-27-15 07:14 AM
    Have you tried turning the PB on/off? Also, there is a hardware reset (power, vol-, vol+) where you won't lose any data. If you here a click, you made a screenshot (vol+/vol-).

Resuscitate Your BlackBerry PlayBook - For Dummies

That's really hard to believe that it failed.
    02-27-15 01:31 PM
    I had trouble with my original micro to hdmi cable. It seemed a bit loose on the micro to Playbook side but would mostly work once I tried very slowly and gingerly connecting the micro into the Playbook. It would often take a number of tries, though.

I got another cable which works with no problem. It seems to be commonly available in some of the dollar stores. The six foot one I bought cost $8 Canadian. You may find them even cheaper as I've bought three and six foot hdmi to hdmi cables in dollar stores for $2 and $3 and there isn't that much difference in manufacturing them.

In the first picture I've attached the product label for the micro to hdmi cable. It was sold in a bubble pack.

Second attached picture is another stand I bought. Compared to an earlier one I got, this one was Playbook ready. The Playbook fit immediately and I didn't have to cut the cradles a bit wider to allow the Playbook to fit. The stand would still be in the $1 to $2 range.

Third picture is the cable, stand, and tv all connected. Power and micro to hdmi cable both plugged in. I sit everything on something in the middle of the desk to allow the cables to connect from below to the Playbook.

Using micro HDMI cable is awesome-img_20133082.jpgUsing micro HDMI cable is awesome-img_20133081.pngUsing micro HDMI cable is awesome-img_20133080.png
    03-08-15 11:38 AM
29 12