I'm so new to this Blackberry speak so please be kind. I mean I'm greasy with newborn goo-- vernacular not even on the radar-- talk to me like I'm an (but nicely please).
    I love my Playbook but cannot connect to my IMac yet (due to $ issues about upgrading to Snow Leopard-- hopefully, next payday) for accessing the Desktop Manager. Meantime, I have no way of uploading pictures,movies or music, right? I'm a bit frustrated at the "mini usb" with no way of using it since everything else in the world is not "mini usb". Are there any options. Is it possible to get a USB adapter that would take my flash drives down to "mini" where I could transfer photos that way? If I found a mini USB adapter that was regular USB female so I could plug my flashdrives in directly-- would this work? Or is this too impossible? Once I have Desktop Manager available, will I be able to easily drop photos and movies from my Mac into my Playbook? Appreciate the help folks.
    01-12-12 08:02 AM
    If you have wifi you could try this;

http://crackberry.com/wi-fi-file-sha...berry-playbook
    Revampd likes this.
    01-12-12 08:24 AM
    I'm so new to this Blackberry speak so please be kind. I mean I'm greasy with newborn goo-- vernacular not even on the radar-- talk to me like I'm an (but nicely please).
    I love my Playbook but cannot connect to my IMac yet (due to $ issues about upgrading to Snow Leopard-- hopefully, next payday) for accessing the Desktop Manager. Meantime, I have no way of uploading pictures,movies or music, right? I'm a bit frustrated at the "mini usb" with no way of using it since everything else in the world is not "mini usb". Are there any options. Is it possible to get a USB adapter that would take my flash drives down to "mini" where I could transfer photos that way? If I found a mini USB adapter that was regular USB female so I could plug my flashdrives in directly-- would this work? Or is this too impossible? Once I have Desktop Manager available, will I be able to easily drop photos and movies from my Mac into my Playbook? Appreciate the help folks.
    USB wont work. But there is a way to get it to work, try jailbreaking.
    You can find all the info u need over here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-rooting-f256/

Wifi sharing is a easy way to share files, jailbreaking is complicated.
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 01-12-12 at 08:29 AM.
    01-12-12 08:26 AM
    USB wont work. But there is a way to get it to work, try jailbreaking.
    You can find all the info u need over here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-rooting-f256/

Wifi sharing is a easy way to share files, jailbreaking is complicated.
    If the OP is a newbie I wont recommend rooting the PB... I mean its not rocket science but why do it when OS 2.0 is a few weeks away...
    I'd suggest trying other options such as WIFI sharing instead.
    djmm2 likes this.
    01-12-12 09:04 AM
    Another easy method of adding files to your Playbook is installing Dropbox (Bluebox) and Air Browser.
    djmm2 likes this.
    01-12-12 09:17 AM
    my daughter has a macbook pro and a playbook. 2 nights ago she was able to connect her PB to her mac with a usb cable and then easily drag & drop files back and forth between her MBP & her PB. She said it has always worked since she got her PB last summer. The PB is simply recognized as an external drive, just like it does when I'm using my W7 laptop. Maybe if you run a software update on both devices. The mini-usb cable you need should be cheap to buy, probably less than $15.
    01-12-12 11:34 AM
    The micro usb cable was included in the box with the Playbook..

Playbook
    Plug in Charger
    Micro usb cable
    Screen wipe.
    misc. papers to recycle.
    01-12-12 12:59 PM
    Since the OP and a few others said mini-usb.. I want to point out it is MICRO-USB

Playbook and most current phones.

Male/cable Female/device

Postable 2.5" harddrives and older phones/devices.
    Male/cable Female/Device
    Just Me, jslawell and fj_cruiser like this.
    01-12-12 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD