Since I got my Playbook I have almost given up my business laptop. It is that good!

One thing I cant figure out is how to save an attachment that has been sent to me in an email to the Playbook while bridged.

Ex. someone sends me a spreadsheet attachment in an email. Using the latest version of bridge(and latest version of 2.0) i open the attachment on my playbook. when I try to save the attachment the only options i get are to save to phone.

What am I missing and how do I do this without dragging out the laptop and USB cord.

Thanks in advance
    02-17-12 09:25 AM
    While bridged attachments are save on either the phones SD card or internal memory in the Documents\Bridge folder. You will need to install a File manager app that can access your phone's files. There a a few popular ones on app world (Files & Folders, File Browser, etc.). I tried the free Air Browser but was not able to access my phone with it.

I am currently using the File Browser application to access and copy files between my phone and PlayBook. The path is /BlackBerry/SDCard/Blackberry/documents/Bridge.
    02-17-12 10:07 AM
    I have not had any issues with saving to playbook from bridged e-mails, but i am also running the latest os1. So maybe that might be something with the os2 and bridge.

now i have had issues at times if i open the the e-mail and attachment on my phone first, and then try to open and save the attachment on the pb and save it. when this happens, i merely go into the bridged files, open the file on the pb, and then use the top swipe down feature and "save as" to the pb.

Does the e-mail attachment, without opening them on your phone first, when viewed on the pb have "tap to download" touch option beside it? or does it have "tap to open" beside it?

Hopefully someone here can help you more. I do second your comment that the pb has almost completely replaced the laptop. you are right, it is really that good.
    02-17-12 10:21 AM
    Files & Folders can do that for most users. It depends on some factors such as OS version, BES policy etc. But you can use the free trial version to test whether it works for your setup. The Help screen contains some tips in how to use it.
    02-17-12 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD