I have my playbook since the weekend but have not used Blackberry Bridge. I just need to know if I do start using it. Will all my BBM contacts, emails etc download to my playbook or do I have to log in and request access. My children have used the playbook more than me at the moment and I don't want free range access by other folk to my BB convos or my emails.

Thanks in advance.
    08-29-12 04:09 PM
    Once you dısconnect the brıdge, ıt's all gone. Basıcally the playbook acts lıke a projector.
    08-29-12 04:25 PM
    If your phone is locked it'll also prompt for the password on the playbook (although if you're sat playing with your phone at the time and it's unlocked the bridge apps will be open)

As ishaq said though, essentially its a monitor/projector, nothing from bridge is saved on the playbook so when you disconnect all the data goes with it (and the apps grey out)
    08-29-12 04:34 PM
    Bridge securely connects your blackberry phone and playbook using bluetooth on both the devices. As long as bridge connection is established, you'll have access to your bbm, emails, calendar and all. To answer your question - No, nothing is downloaded to your PlayBook memory and as soon as bridge connection is disconnected, you lose access to all your phone data using playbook.
    So you don't need to worry about others having access to your bbm, emails and phone calendar unless you give your playbook to someone after establishing the bridge connection.
    Hope it helps.
    08-29-12 04:41 PM
    Bridge securely connects your blackberry phone and playbook using bluetooth on both the devices. As long as bridge connection is established, you'll have access to your bbm, emails, calendar and all. To answer your question - No, nothing is downloaded to your PlayBook memory and as soon as bridge connection is disconnected, you lose access to all your phone data using playbook.
    So you don't need to worry about others having access to your bbm, emails and phone calendar unless you give your playbook to someone after establishing the bridge connection.
    Hope it helps.
    Even if he does let someone play with the PlayBook, he can still lock his BlackBerry smartphone pretty darn fast with the alt+enter shortcut
    usedberry likes this.
    08-29-12 04:57 PM
    Even if he does let someone play with the PlayBook, he can still lock his BlackBerry smartphone pretty darn fast with the alt+enter shortcut
    Now that is something I didn't know about. Going to try it. Thanks for the tip.
    08-29-12 05:02 PM
    Alt+Enter? Alt+Enter changes the language you're using. Did you fuse wrong this morning?
    08-29-12 05:16 PM
    Also it breaks connection if 10 metre's away.
    08-29-12 05:22 PM
    ok thank you so much. Looks like I will use this feature now. phew thought I would have to miss out on the experience. thanks again
    08-29-12 06:28 PM
    ok thank you so much. Looks like I will use this feature now. phew thought I would have to miss out on the experience. thanks again
    You're welcome. Enjoy your playbook to the fullest without any worry.
    08-29-12 07:10 PM
    Alt+Enter? Alt+Enter changes the language you're using. Did you fuse wrong this morning?
    Not if you have that disabled . If you do use multiple languages you can always lock it via alt+L but I'm not sure if that's the correct key combination. There were a few that I'm sure of.
    08-29-12 08:56 PM
    What I do is when I'm done using Bridge stuff.. I just hit the top bar bridge icon on the PlayBook (next to bt, wifi) and hit 'Lock'.. So it's connected but limited access.. Bridge folder cannot run but Internet can be used.
    08-30-12 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD