how can i use android apps on bbpb? please explain in detail, i belong to country where blackberry apps world cant be used
    09-16-13 02:18 AM
    1) Install Google Chrome browser on your PC
    2) Go here in Chrome and follow the directions. BB10 / PlayBook App Manager
    3) Go here and download converted android apps to install using Chrome Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps
    4) Poke around in the Android App Sideloading Sub-forum for more info and links to downloadable apps. http://forums.crackberry.com/android...eloading-f258/
    FF22 likes this.
    09-16-13 02:23 AM
    how can i use android apps on bbpb? please explain in detail, i belong to country where blackberry apps world cant be used
    Welcome to the forum. First you need apk file, after converted it to bar file, use vnbb10 or another slideload app to slideload bar into your playbook.
    09-16-13 04:44 AM
    Welcome to the forum. First you need apk file, after converted it to bar file, use vnbb10 or another slideload app to slideload bar into your playbook.
    I would agree with pacoman and recommend the Google Chrome addon to sideload your converted Apps. In my experience, this is is simplest and easiest method.
    09-16-13 06:12 AM
    I would agree with pacoman and recommend the Google Chrome addon to sideload your converted Apps. In my experience, this is is simplest and easiest method.
    Here
    or another slideload app .
    09-16-13 07:59 AM
    Totonto: Apologies, didn't intend to contradict you. I quoted your post by mistake. Just wanted to say to the OP that IMO the Chrome addon was the easiest way. I guess by the that no offence was taken, but thought I should explain anyway...
    09-16-13 11:55 AM
    Totonto: Apologies, didn't intend to contradict you. I quoted your post by mistake. Just wanted to say to the OP that IMO the Chrome addon was the easiest way. I guess by the that no offence was taken, but thought I should explain anyway...
    Ok i know, iknow. Chillout dude
    09-17-13 09:04 AM
    pacoman03 I have been tempted for some time to download some Android apps to my PB . Is there a downside to this because of the different OS? What are the risks and benefits? Thanks in advance.
    09-22-13 12:12 AM
    pacoman03 I have been tempted for some time to download some Android apps to my PB . Is there a downside to this because of the different OS? What are the risks and benefits? Thanks in advance.
    I'm guessing that by downloading that you really mean sideloading some android apps on your PB. I'm also guessing that you already have installed some android apps on your PB from app world, since app world doesn't distinguish between android and native apps (android apps run in the android player, which you can tell is running by swiping down from the top bezel- if the android bar appears at the bottom of the screen, you're running an android app). As for downside, I don't see much, except that I suppose an occasional sideloaded app may cause you some problems. You can generally avoid any problems by sideloading apps that many others have used and haven't reported any problems with.

The upside is that you can add functionality to your Playbook that no native apps seem able to provide. A good example of this is, ironically, that the android file managers, Ghost Commander (though Ghost is available in app world), ES File Explorer, X-Plore File Manager, etc. are integrated with the native Messages app, while seemingly all native file managers are not. What this means is that with these android file managers, you don't have to use the stock file picker to attach files to an outgoing email. Rather, you can use these android apps, which see the Playbooks file system, to navigate to and attach files. They also allow you to attach non media files to emails, i.e., non pics, vids, tunes or documents, which, as far as I know, is impossible any other way when using Messages. This is just one example of added funtionality, there are many others.

Some of the more popular, I supppose, and functional sideloaded apps, are, as already mentioned, ES File Explorer and X-Plore File Manager, Kindle, Google Maps, mVideo Player, Kingsoft Office, Repligo (PDF) Reader, Tubemate, and the android cloud apps- Box, DropBox, SugarSync and SkyDrive, Others may have their own favorites, but none of the apps I've mentioned should cause you any problems.
    FF22 and svelt like this.
    09-22-13 02:08 AM
    The upside is that you can add functionality to your Playbook that no native apps seem able to provide. A good example of this is, ironically, that the android file managers, Ghost Commander (though Ghost is available in app world), ES File Explorer, X-Plore File Manager, etc. are integrated with the native Messages app, while seemingly all native file managers are not. What this means is that with these android file managers, you don't have to use the stock file picker to attach files to an outgoing email. Rather, you can use these android apps, which see the Playbooks file system, to navigate to and attach files. They also allow you to attach non media files to emails, i.e., non pics, vids, tunes or documents, which, as far as I know, is impossible any other way when using Messages. This is just one example of added funtionality, there are many others. .
    Wow thanks, I did not know that... I learn something new about this quirky tablet every day.

As to the OP - the only downside I can think of is the time spent sideloading. I've sideloaded an incredible amount of Android apps on the PB and it has never caused me any issues with the operation. I would use the Google Chrome method, and would suggest checking out this site for a list of apps: Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps
    09-22-13 03:05 PM