Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By guyhockey
  • 1 Post By Rootbrian
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Used Playbook to record Soundgarden rock concert

Last night I took my Playbook to the Soundgarden concert in Vancouver BC. I'm totally impressed by both the video and sound quality. Quality is better when the stage lights from the concert aren't shining directly at me. This was recorded from the upper level row 7 at Rogers Arena.

Edit:
    Thanked by:
    sacheeese@comcast.net (07-30-2011) 
    pkcable likes this.
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

Wow nice... and easier to sneak in a playbook than a video cam, eh? Did they pat you down?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-30-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Global Posts
    33,480 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

i almost felt like i was there! Almost got a nosebleed from your seats though. j/k
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    944 Global Posts

LOL very nice video. I have taken a couple videos of my brothers band playing in the past an they have turned out great. The only issue I have ever had is that sometimes the playback on the PlayBook itself, the speakers can't handle the bass if I am too close when I take the video, but once I upload it or transfer it to the computer it sounds and looks amazing.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
    CrackBerry Master

That is exceptional video quality given the light you were working with.....
    ...That's one thing the Playbook is obviously very good at.
    ...Thanks for posting that!
    A reluctant iPhone 4s user who would STILL be a Blackberry user had RIM not messed it's own bed by putting a "Fisher Price Camera" in it's "flagship" Blackberry Bold 9930.
    CrackBerry Addict

Looks great. I saw them on the 8th.
    CrackBerry Addict

Awesome! You should see the video my friend got at a My Chemical Romance concert the day after we won our PlayBooks at the Meet the PlayBook Atlanta party. The video is FANTASTIC. I should see if I can manage to upload some of it.

Edited to add: I've got one uploading. Slooooowly uploading. It'll be about half an hour, but I'll post a link when it's done.
    Last edited by a_silent_song; 07-30-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    Check out information on my zombie horror trilogy over at http://www.jessicameigs.com! Written completely on my BlackBerry and featuring the always awesome Kevin Michaluk as Patient Zero. The Becoming, The Becoming: Ground Zero, and The Becoming: Revelations are available now from Permuted Press! The Becoming: Under Siege coming April 14, 2014 from Permuted Press!
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,358 Global Posts

That looks and sounds great. Too bad Chris Cornell is losing his voice.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    PIN
    3DE0F...hey wait a minute...

So much detail in 1080p...it's like I was there!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

And here's mine from the My Chemical Romance concert back on May 11th. We took our newly acquired PlayBooks to the concert (and the next day to the aquarium) and were looking for excuses to play with them lol.

Check out information on my zombie horror trilogy over at http://www.jessicameigs.com! Written completely on my BlackBerry and featuring the always awesome Kevin Michaluk as Patient Zero. The Becoming, The Becoming: Ground Zero, and The Becoming: Revelations are available now from Permuted Press! The Becoming: Under Siege coming April 14, 2014 from Permuted Press!

Global Posts
    33,480 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Quote Originally Posted by a_silent_song View Post
    And here's mine from the My Chemical Romance concert back on May 11th. We took our newly acquired PlayBooks to the concert (and the next day to the aquarium) and were looking for excuses to play with them lol.

Someone had slightly better seats than the OP.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Someone had slightly better seats than the OP.
    Yes, yes we did. It was general admission, so we were able to snag some great ones.

Still doesn't top the time I had side stage seats and backstage passes for 30 Seconds to Mars. They put on a FANTASTIC show.
    Last edited by a_silent_song; 07-30-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

Honestly curious about security - is the playbook allowed through the gates this easily? No hassles?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack93117 View Post
    Honestly curious about security - is the playbook allowed through the gates this easily? No hassles?
    The concerts and sporting events I've taken my PlayBook to have patted me down and have always let me through. I wear my shorts with a cargo pocket and put the PB in that pocket. I never try to hide it.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Great footage and clarity. I shot some of caribana in toronto with my 9700. Awaiting uploading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    PIN
    Disclosed

Quote Originally Posted by guyhockey View Post
    The concerts and sporting events I've taken my PlayBook to have patted me down and have always let me through. I wear my shorts with a cargo pocket and put the PB in that pocket. I never try to hide it.
    Luckily u have a PB to fit in your cargo pants, not that 9.7" thingy

ps: Ok, sometimes I can be a troll too.. my bad..
    Phone history: Ericsson T20s > T28s > T29s > T39m > Sony Ericsson K508i > K640i > BlackBerry Curve 8330 > Bold 9650 > Galaxy Nexus > Bold 9900 > Nexus 5 & BlackBerry Z10
    Tablet history: Galaxy Tab P1000 16Gb, PlayBook 16Gb (Yes, still rocking this!)