Thought it was interesting so i figured i would share it.
    Web Inspector is basically like right clicking > source on firefox/ie but on steroids.
    You can view source code, run diagnostics, view every image on the page, and more.
    Its built in on the Browser, simply go to Options, Privacy, and enable Web Inspector.
    You will be prompted to set up a password.
    Once done, with tabs open, open a new tab and type in http://localhost:1337
    Select a tab of preference and it will open up the websites source code and let you run load time tests, view all images, and much more.

Added a few screens of Crackberry Source, as well as diagnostics (load times)
    Last edited by FTWrath; 05-06-11 at 04:36 PM.
    05-06-11 01:33 PM
    I actually find it very interesting. Thanks for pointing it out. Lots of stuff in there.
    05-06-11 04:11 PM
    You're welcome. Needed to find a way to copy source code, which is how I stumbled across it.
    05-06-11 04:37 PM
    Was the Web Inspector removed or possibly moved with O/S update 1.05? I no longer have that option under Privacy & Security. The Last entry is Enable Websockets
    06-14-11 09:23 AM
    Thought it was interesting so i figured i would share it.
    Web Inspector is basically like right clicking > source on firefox/ie but on steroids.
    You can view source code, run diagnostics, view every image on the page, and more.
    Its built in on the Browser, simply go to Options, Privacy, and enable Web Inspector.
    You will be prompted to set up a password.
    Once done, with tabs open, open a new tab and type in http://localhost:1337
    Select a tab of preference and it will open up the websites source code and let you run load time tests, view all images, and much more.

Added a few screens of Crackberry Source, as well as diagnostics (load times)
    If you like that, download Safari, activate Developer mode and start web inspector. Its in the PB browser because it's based on Webkit. (developed by Apple in part and the ground for Safari)
    06-14-11 10:05 AM
    Seems to be exactly the same as Gogole Chrome's
    06-14-11 10:08 AM
    Seems to be exactly the same as Gogole Chrome's
    Webkit as well
    06-14-11 10:29 AM
    If you like that, download Safari, activate Developer mode and start web inspector. Its in the PB browser because it's based on Webkit. (developed by Apple in part and the ground for Safari)
    And I can do the same in opera. Why bring up Apple?
    06-14-11 11:02 AM
    You don't even need localhost - you can do it from a desktop to the PlayBook. Saved me hours of debugging...
    06-14-11 11:09 AM
    And I can do the same in opera. Why bring up Apple?
    Because it's the absolute same as on the PB - Webkit based. Opera is different while it offers the same functionality (same goes for Firefox)
    06-14-11 11:21 AM
    funny port # easy to remember for the elite tho... ;-)
    06-14-11 11:34 PM
    honest to god, i thought web inspector was something that lets u spy on what people are doing on ur PB web browser....wow LMFAO
    06-15-11 12:48 AM
    Is it possible to download and install safari to the playbook?
    06-15-11 01:05 AM
    Lol nice! this is so 1337!
    06-15-11 02:59 AM
    Is it possible to download and install safari to the playbook?
    no its not
    06-15-11 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD