During the last playbooksale i picked up a 2nd one and planned on using it as my alarm clock with thedock station. Question is if i leave it in thedocking station all the time will the docking station burn it up(over charge) or will itstop charging once the playbookbattery is full?
    12-03-11 01:53 AM
    It is safe to leave it on the dock all the time. Enjoy your badass alarm clock
    12-03-11 02:49 AM
    Thanksi figuredit would auto stop charging but I have not seen/heard anywhere that it would.

Do you know if the Playbook battery has a limited number of charge cycles how does leaving it in the dock affect the long term use?
    12-03-11 03:21 AM
    Good luck with that. I have tried that several times but the dock charger can't keep up with the drain from the cool alarm app I use called bed-buz. Also half the time I use the doc with no app running I wake up to a dead battery. Don't know if it is shutting itself off or just can't keep up.
    12-03-11 04:20 AM
    i have heard some of the dockstations connection tabs don't make full contact therefore drain the battery instead of charging. does yours have the 3 connectors sitting all the way up straight?

Anyone else have this problem?
    12-03-11 01:45 PM
    I use the standard blackberry rapid charging cradle. Like this...

Works perfectly for what you want to do.
    12-03-11 02:42 PM
    i have heard some of the dockstations connection tabs don't make full contact therefore drain the battery instead of charging. does yours have the 3 connectors sitting all the way up straight?

Anyone else have this problem?
    This is a common problem. I use the excellent app Battery Guru to monitor what is going on, to make sure the charging stand is actually charging the battery.
    vgwillm likes this.
    12-03-11 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD