Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. FXCLM5's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default USB tether to playbook, any success?

    is this possible? tether my htc evo phone to my playbook through usb?
  2. hahaatsimon's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I've been using MYwi on my 4s and it works great
  3. jafobabe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    22,442 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,526 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Runs with Scissors"
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FXCLM5 View Post
    is this possible? tether my htc evo phone to my playbook through usb?
    No not yet... but it will with wifi.
    (BBM # 5)
    CB 5K 50K,100K 500K Challenge Thread
  4. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FXCLM5 View Post
    is this possible? tether my htc evo phone to my playbook through usb?
    If you have a laptop you can tether your evo to your laptop and then use a program called connectify to enable your pc to share the connection with your playbook via wifi. Essentially your laptop becomes a hotspot for your playbook.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
  5. Innovatology's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,273 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    I've used the built-in mobile hotspot function of my HTC Desire HD. Works great.
    ORBIT for BB10 - The World In Your Pocket - World, Time, Weather in spectacular 3D. Demo on our site!

    Files & Folders
    for PlayBook and BB10: a powerful unified file, folder & cloud manager and media streamer with integrated SkyDrive, Google Docs, Google Drive, SugarSync, Dropbox, Box, thumbnails and more - Free 3-day trial! - Voted Best New BlackBerry App
  6. FXCLM5's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    If you have a laptop you can tether your evo to your laptop and then use a program called connectify to enable your pc to share the connection with your playbook via wifi. Essentially your laptop becomes a hotspot for your playbook.
    interesting, however i dont plan on lugging my phone/laptop/playbook everywhere, and if my laptop has internet access, i dunno why i would be surfing on the playbook, the browsers and memory managements sucks - closes on my all the time.

    seriously, i dont understand people stating the PB oem browser kicks ..... it may do HTML5 well, however it takes like 1 min to load up websites, and always hangs up for a looooooooong period of time and then finishes loading. websites like:

    Slickdeals: The Best Deals, Coupons & Discounts on Laptops, Computers, LCDs, TVs, Dell, HP, Apple, Amazon
    TechBargains: Best Deals, Dell Coupons, Cheap Laptops, Computer Sales

    they are not heavy flash, or graphic sites, ive tried the OEM browser, secure browser, simple broswer, dolphin HD, they all hang up like crazy on those 2x sites.

    on my laptop they load up really fast, like 2 seconds, on my phone it takes about 5 seconds, on the playbook like 1 minute.
  7. hpjrt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    980 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    I just clicked on both links. Slickdeals loaded in 4 seconds and Techdeals took 5 seconds.

    Are you sure your wifi connection is set correctly? I didn't have to do anything special to my d-link but I have read of others having issues.

    Oh ... and I'm on the 1.8 official OS using the native PB browser which really does kick IMO.

    I'm sure that someone else will have better suggestions for you.
    Posted using my 32 gig Playbook - and 9 times out of 10, my new BB OEM mini keyboard
  8. tofnow's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FXCLM5 View Post
    interesting, however i dont plan on lugging my phone/laptop/playbook everywhere, and if my laptop has internet access, i dunno why i would be surfing on the playbook, the browsers and memory managements sucks - closes on my all the time.

    seriously, i dont understand people stating the PB oem browser kicks ..... it may do HTML5 well, however it takes like 1 min to load up websites, and always hangs up for a looooooooong period of time and then finishes loading. websites like:

    Slickdeals: The Best Deals, Coupons & Discounts on Laptops, Computers, LCDs, TVs, Dell, HP, Apple, Amazon
    TechBargains: Best Deals, Dell Coupons, Cheap Laptops, Computer Sales


    on my laptop they load up really fast, like 2 seconds, on my phone it takes about 5 seconds, on the playbook like 1 minute.
    I suggest you may have a network settings or signal problem. I just typed the slickdeals into my PB browser and it loaded in a timed 5 seconds. Using Wireless "g" with WPA2 PSK only. I logged into this forum stream and clicked on the Slicknet URL and it also opened in the 5 seconds. So it is possible it seems.
  9. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications
    #9  

    Default

    It makes sense to me because MY playbook browser is very fast and I get to sit back and relax comfortably while I multi task with web , games , music ,etc.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
  10. mikeplus1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,688 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,691 Global Posts
    PIN
    sanity!
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hpjrt View Post
    I just clicked on both links. Slickdeals loaded in 4 seconds and Techdeals took 5 seconds.

    Are you sure your wifi connection is set correctly? I didn't have to do anything special to my d-link but I have read of others having issues.

    Oh ... and I'm on the 1.8 official OS using the native PB browser which really does kick IMO.

    I'm sure that someone else will have better suggestions for you.
    Yeah, those links load in under 5 seconds for me on latest os2 beta using native browser.
  11. FXCLM5's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    im shocked, it took me 31 secs on the native browser top open slickdeals

    i have a 2701hg 2wire att dsl gateway router/modem, very basic router with not many features.

    i seem to just realize EVERYTHING loads slow on the PB, lol and those were the main sites i went to and complained about, whats weird is the router works fine for my laptop, cell phones, nook, everything except for the playbook.

    any suggestions? the browser also frequently closed on me on my first playbook, and it was the same agonizing waiting for pages to load up.

Posting Permissions