Heyy guys just wondering what do you have to do to get stuff from your laptop on your playbook (movies and songs etc.) can you just put them onto a usb and then plug it in. If so does any usb work or just micro ones. OR do you have to sync it into a computer like you have to with stupid apple stuff?
    08-19-12 01:03 AM
    you can't plug usb sticks into the PlayBook itself without rooting it and putting some other software on (not sure if the method still works but Google should help there)

Easiest way is to set up the laptop and PlayBook on the same wireless network and enable sharing, then you can drag and drop files straight onto it just like it was another folder, just type the PlayBook ip address in the run box on the laptop (eg \\192.168.2.2) and put in whatever password you set on the pb options
    08-19-12 01:24 AM
    Or, just plug your PB into your computer with the USB cable, the drivers should then automatically load on your computer, and then transfer files using Windows Explorer. This is generally much quicker than using wifi.
    Pearl63, Bobcat665 and cletis like this.
    08-19-12 01:27 AM
    thanks guys for your help.
    08-19-12 01:35 AM
    One thing you should note, after the drivers are loaded the first time you plug your PB in using USB, subsequently you'll have to start Blackberry Device Manager for you computer to see your PB. Device Manager can be found in your Start Menu under Blackberry.
    08-19-12 01:45 AM
    One thing you should note, after the drivers are loaded the first time you plug your PB in using USB, subsequently you'll have to start Blackberry Device Manager for you computer to see your PB. Device Manager can be found in your Start Menu under Blackberry.
    BlackBerry Device Manager starts automatically on my Windows 7 PC.
    Once started, the PB becomes drive Z, and is accessible using windows Explorer and can also be found under My Computer.
    08-19-12 02:36 AM
    Ok will do that.
    08-19-12 03:25 AM
    BlackBerry Device Manager starts automatically on my Windows 7 PC.
    Once started, the PB becomes drive Z, and is accessible using windows Explorer and can also be found under My Computer.
    Well, it doesn't start automatically on my Windows 7 PC. Not a big deal.
    08-19-12 04:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD