So are we going to be getting usb otg? I have a 16 gb PB and it is hardly enough space. Dropbox or similar programs dont stream movies, music very well. USB is my only option. Not buyinh a wireless harddrive, too expensive.
    01-30-12 05:55 PM
    This has been discussed before, look at http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-673569/ .

The short answer is eventually, but no one knows when.
    01-30-12 06:09 PM
    RIM is developing the PB as a mobile computer. Expect big things...I am
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    01-30-12 06:20 PM
    I would love this feature and I also like the AirStash devices but they are insanely expensive. I can buy a USB WiFi Stick for $30, an 8 GB USB Stick for $10 and an SD reader for $2 at the $1 store but for some reason they want $150 for the AirStash?????

If they would price it right the entire tablet phone industry would be turned upside down. No longer would these companies be able to steal an extra $100 for a minute memory increase. BTW memory is at an all time low but RIM, Apple and others are just killing our wallets.
    01-30-12 08:44 PM
    It is technically possible to get OTG now with a rooted PB.
    This guy has a video and instructions.
    I'm not suggesting you try this just hoping RIM enables it soon.
    01-30-12 09:58 PM
    So are we going to be getting usb otg? I have a 16 gb PB and it is hardly enough space. Dropbox or similar programs dont stream movies, music very well. USB is my only option. Not buyinh a wireless harddrive, too expensive.
    How much storage space did it say it would have when you bought it?

I agree that OTG would be a good addition, but it's not like capacity is assigned at random...
    01-31-12 06:19 AM
    I'm confused. How would we get USB to go when the PB has a micro USB connector? I don't think I've ever seen a micro USB flash drive ... or are there adapters?
    01-31-12 06:29 AM
    I'm confused. How would we get USB to go when the PB has a micro USB connector? I don't think I've ever seen a micro USB flash drive ... or are there adapters?
    Yes there is
    hpjrt likes this.
    01-31-12 06:35 AM
    Most of those aren't quite correct.

What you'd want for the PB is http://www.opirata.com/images/nokia_...TG_adapter.jpg . Those are the adaptors RIM has used in the demo videos and at Devcon.
    hpjrt likes this.
    01-31-12 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD