I am assuming that you will simply plug your PB into a USB port and Windows will detect it as a USB drive and you drag & drop files onto it. anyone know for sure?
    01-22-11 06:39 PM
    I am assuming that you will simply plug your PB into a USB port and Windows will detect it as a USB drive and you drag & drop files onto it. anyone know for sure?
    Ryan Bidan was quoted in a video (dont remember which) saying it worked with Desktop Manager 6. So naturally you assume USB into the computer.
    01-22-11 08:28 PM
    if ever this never happens, i will go look for other tablets.
    01-22-11 10:37 PM
    if ever this never happens, i will go look for other tablets.
    Why would the ability to copy files to your Playbook make you look elsewhere? This is what turns me off about my iPad! I want to be able to carry and use Word and Excel files so this device will be able to do REAL work.

There are workarounds for the iPad and I do use Drop Box but I want the ability to have folders set up by me with MY files.
    01-23-11 07:22 AM
    Why would the ability to copy files to your Playbook make you look elsewhere? This is what turns me off about my iPad! I want to be able to carry and use Word and Excel files so this device will be able to do REAL work.

There are workarounds for the iPad and I do use Drop Box but I want the ability to have folders set up by me with MY files.
    They said 'if it never happens' (i.e., if you can't copy files to and from the device), they'll look elsewhere ... I think they're saying it's a must-have.

Just about any device with any kind of storage that plugs in via USB shows up as an external storage device when connected; I can't see them offering such a device without it, and I'd be totally shocked if you couldn't with the PB. I'm sure I read somewhere that the PB will also have the same micro-USB connector that newer BB phones have.
    01-23-11 08:33 AM
    Ryan Bidan was quoted in a video (dont remember which) saying it worked with Desktop Manager 6. So naturally you assume USB into the computer.
    Meaning that you would have to load the software in order to access the storage? Yuck. why wouldn't they design it so that you can just plug it in and have Windows recognize it as a removable drive? Since we know the PB will sync with the BB via the Bridge app, what would you use the DM software for in relationship to the PB anyway?
    01-23-11 10:58 AM
    Meaning that you would have to load the software in order to access the storage? Yuck. why wouldn't they design it so that you can just plug it in and have Windows recognize it as a removable drive? Since we know the PB will sync with the BB via the Bridge app, what would you use the DM software for in relationship to the PB anyway?
    No that's just for syncing and backing up. If you plug it into Windows (best 7) it will automatically install the drivers and they'll appear in My Computer. I just like the automatic back up in DM6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD