Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 175
Like Tree129Likes
  1. Pmungus's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    83 Posts
    PIN
    234544FF
    #76  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb4life21 View Post
    "Why can't you just enjoy the tablet for what it is right now?" mentality is a big reason we get the short end of the stick sometimes.
    This may just be a fine example of perception vs reality. Myself, also an early adopter of the Playbook, I have what I consider to be a fine smaller screen tablet computer that has great capabilities - more so now thanks to OS updates and the continued efforts of our valued BB app developers.

    Don't like guessing? Beware the next fully wrapped birthday gift... Less time ranting, more time checking spelling and grammar! Unless that is also the fault of Playbook...
  2. Barracuda7772's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,161 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    #77  

    Default Are us playbook users getting screwed?

    Quote Originally Posted by bb4life21 View Post
    Ok. So please from your research please inform me when bb10 or any upgrades are coming to the playbook....and terms like "wait" or "later this year" means you don't know
    Blackberry said the playbook is getting BB10 in one form or another.

    I say stop crying and wining over it and enjoy your amazing playbook as is.

    It will come when it comes bb10 just launched (not even globally) for gods sake.

    Of course i don't know i don't work for or claim to work for blackberry.

    Keep crying i know you will
  3. bb4life21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #78  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pmungus View Post
    This may just be a fine example of perception vs reality. Myself, also an early adopter of the Playbook, I have what I consider to be a fine smaller screen tablet computer that has great capabilities - more so now thanks to OS updates and the continued efforts of our valued BB app developers.

    Don't like guessing? Beware the next fully wrapped birthday gift... Less time ranting, more time checking spelling and grammar! Unless that is also the fault of Playbook...
    I was not aware blogs had grammar police. BTW "Unless that is also the fault of Playbook..." is not proper grammar.
    ."I have what I consider to be a fine smaller screen tablet computer that has great capabilities - more so now thanks to OS updates and the continued efforts of our valued BB app developers." Good thing you named all the details. Nothing like great capabilities....Stop getting your panties in a bunch. This forum was for opinions on the future of playbooks. We all own one. If "good capabilities" was good for you then you are fine.
  4. bb4life21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #79  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda7772 View Post
    Blackberry said the playbook is getting BB10 in one form or another.

    I say stop crying and wining over it and enjoy your amazing playbook as is.

    It will come when it comes bb10 just launched (not even globally) for gods sake.

    Of course i don't know i don't work for or claim to work for blackberry.

    Keep crying i know you will
    NOOOOO you don't work for the company? Fooled me....So pretty much you had nothing smart to say and you commented anyway. Then you were asked to name this research and you have none. Thanks have a good day.

    PS. Thanks for letting us know bb10 didn't launch yet globally. In the US we had no idea
  5. pacoman03's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,118 Posts
    #80  

    Default

    Ok guys. Maybe it's time we stopped arguing with this lug. He states that he's the "biggest blackberry fan ever", and he even chooses a screen name of BB4life (Blackberry for life, presumably). Yet he only joined Crackberry within the past few days, and he has a total of 10 posts (currently) in this forum, and all of his posts are in this thread and posted within the last two days. Doesn't anyone see anything wrong here? If he is such a fan and is a Blackberry lifer, why does he slam Blackberry and the Playbook in virtually every post?
  6. Chaddface's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,508 Posts
    #81  

    Default

    If he is such a fan and is a Blackberry lifer, why does he slam Blackberry and the Playbook in virtually every post?
    Because he cares and wants BlackBerry to succeed.
  7. bb4life21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #82  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacoman03 View Post
    Ok guys. Maybe it's time we stopped arguing with this lug. He states that he's the "biggest blackberry fan ever", and he even chooses a screen name of BB4life (Blackberry for life, presumably). Yet he only joined Crackberry within the past few days, and he has a total of 10 posts (currently) in this forum, and all of his posts are in this thread and posted within the last two days. Doesn't anyone see anything wrong here? If he is such a fan and is a Blackberry lifer, why does he slam Blackberry and the Playbook in virtually every post?
    Yes I have just joined the crackberry forum section. This is because I had a question about the future of the playbook and if anyone had an opinion on the lack of information we were receiving from Blackberry about this. I am a big fan of blackberry but not a fan boy. So whether you like it or not the playbook was handled poorly to say the least. Now if you are so pro blackberry and don't see this feel free. Like I have stated in previous post I have had the playbook since launch and have been strung along with promises of the future of it from blackberry with no dates in site. If you look at title of thread it is "Are we screwed". Not that we are...No one made you click on forum and read if you weren't interested. Since you commented I would like to ask you when did I as you put it " slam Blackberry and the Playbook in virtually every post". Being a blackberry fan doesn't mean not having any questions and aimlessly supporting everything they do if you don't agree
  8. pacoman03's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,118 Posts
    #83  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb4life21 View Post
    Since you commented I would like to ask you when did I as you put it " slam Blackberry and the Playbook in virtually every post"
    You have got to be kidding me.
  9. Desktoper's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    71 Posts
    #84  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb4life21 View Post
    You are just too smart for us.
    "Us?" How can you presume to speak for all those who have questions about the PlayBook? Your thread title is a dead giveaway to your intention to spread FUD. Fear. Uncertainty. Doubt. "Are us playbook users getting screwed?" Yeah, I'd say that's a textbook case. Book 'im, Danno.
    PlayBook 64 + Ubuntu 12.04
  10. bb4life21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #85  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacoman03 View Post
    You have got to be kidding me.
    So no answer.... that's what I thought. Your just randomly putting post up. All I have done is answer questions with my honest opinion. Actually READ the forum and OTHER people have done the same. Some think playbook has been handled correctly and some others don't. But hey I only got 13 post and you have 1,900+ which you already let me know....Since that's relevant to you your for sure right lol Since your the crackberry genius you win haha....just next time you don't have to click on forum if your not interested
  11. bb4life21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #86  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desktoper View Post
    "Us?" How can you presume to speak for all those who have questions about the PlayBook? Your thread title is a dead giveaway to your intention to spread FUD.
    Fear. Uncertainty. Doubt. "Are us playbook users getting screwed?" Yeah, I'd say that's a textbook case. Book 'im, Danno.
    lol@ FUD. You must be really bored. "US" referring to the other people on this forum that don't agree with the way blackberry handled the playbook situation...let me guess you didn't read the forum.thats right their opinion doesn't count..or how about this "you guys are all trolls"...there you go
  12. Desktoper's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    71 Posts
    #87  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb4life21 View Post
    You must be really bored.
    No, just right on target. But having made my point, I'm through feeding you straight lines. I'll leave you for the big goat.
    PlayBook 64 + Ubuntu 12.04
  13. bb4life21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #88  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desktoper View Post
    No, just right on target. But having made my point, I'm through feeding you straight lines. I'll leave you for the big goat.
    You ask who does "us" refer to and I tell you. Then your response is replying to "you must be bored" and saying "No, just right on target. But having made my point, I'm through feeding you straight lines." hahaha Get a life. You got a response and had no answer. Go on to next forum and put random things
  14. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    5,284 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #89  

    Default

    To the OP:

    There have been numerous threads on CB that have asked all the same questions that you have raised, and the answers have been consistent.

    "Can the PlayBook even run BB10?" Absolutely, and a couple of pics have sneaked out showing exactly that. For that matter, the Dev Alpha A devices are pretty much the same hardware (same RAM, same processor, though clocked faster), and BB10 runs great on it

    "Will there be a BB10 update for the PlayBook?" The answer to this has been emphatic and unequivocal: yes.

    "When will it come?" Heins last statement on that was "shortly" after the BB10 launch. That's intentionally vague, and it may change, but most of us have come to take that as April-May. Yes, Alec Saunders said "sometime this year" in a tweet, but that's assumed to have been tongue-in-cheek.

    I don't know how closely you've been following this, but this is pretty much the state of the PlayBook right now.





    "Max Power doesn't 'cuddle'! You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"
    Roodog46 likes this.
  15. ShadowRaine's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    #90  

    Default

    I don't want to wade into this war of words but one point that everyone seems to get stuck on is the importance of blackberry bridge. Presumably, the dissenters who shrug off its' sudden disappearance without notice or warning to PB owners never really employed it very much. While no doubt being able to use my z10 as a remote or a tethered modem is great, neither of these features brings any value to me. I use my playbook at home, and at work, and I have WIFI available at both. What I did use the Playbook extensively for was text messaging and BBM (as well as my calendar, but that syncs thru Gmail anyway so no big loss). It's bloody handy being able to do all that from my tablet, and losing that functionality makes blackberry look like they're regressing instead of moving forward. To say "just get over it" would be like taking your car to the dealership because your power windows don't work and having them install crank handles and send you on your way! Sure, they still work, but it's not what you had before and you're not getting the same value out of your investment. Are we Playbook owners getting screwed? Yes...and no. If you bought your tablet for $500 2 years ago and dealt with all the OS 1.0 bull, burnt out pixels, warped back covers, and now this? Yeah, I would say so, but if you paid $118 at Staples last fall, then you have a wicked little device that still out-performs many newer, more expensive pieces of hardware, has a built in Android player and subsequently huge list of apps for side loading, gives you a full Flash experience when browsing, has great responsiveness since OS 2.0, and all for less than a Kobo Glo e-reader. If they come out with BB10 for the PB, bully for us. If not, just give me my bridge functionality back and Angry Birds Star Wars, I'll be happy.
    Thanked by:
    bb4life21 (02-10-2013) 
    bb4life21 likes this.
  16. bb4life21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #91  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    To the OP:

    There have been numerous threads on CB that have asked all the same questions that you have raised, and the answers have been consistent.

    "Can the PlayBook even run BB10?" Absolutely, and a couple of pics have sneaked out showing exactly that. For that matter, the Dev Alpha A devices are pretty much the same hardware (same RAM, same processor, though clocked faster), and BB10 runs great on it

    "Will there be a BB10 update for the PlayBook?" The answer to this has been emphatic and unequivocal: yes.

    "When will it come?" Heins last statement on that was "shortly" after the BB10 launch. That's intentionally vague, and it may change, but most of us have come to take that as April-May. Yes, Alec Saunders said "sometime this year" in a tweet, but that's assumed to have been tongue-in-cheek.

    I don't know how closely you've been following this, but this is pretty much the state of the PlayBook right now.
    Thanks you for your response. I have seen this around. My original post was just trying to see if anyone has heard anything new and everyone's feeling regarding the vague answers we have been getting. Some people feel the way I do and some people feel ok with the waiting or lack of answers. Me personally its just been frustrating because I had the playbook since April 2011. Blackberry has been promising the future is bright just give it sometime regarding the playbook. That lack of information at the launch party had me wondering how everyone else felt. Maybe if i bought my playbook for 200 bucks I totally understand.(which I think a lot of people have) But I bought it early and payed premium price. And even with that being said I could deal with that if they just gave us a answer or dates or SOMETHING....even if they say hey look we are not gonna focus on playbook sorry. But the "wait" and "later this year" is the thing that get people frustrated. With this being my first post on crackberry in hindsight I would have picked a different word than "screwed". That's a word that can be seen in so many different ways. I was pretty much trying to say for us playbook owners that have waited so long being brushed to the side after sticking with bb without any answers is getting old. People can agree or disagree but that's what forums are for. Thanks for your reply
  17. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    5,284 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #92  

    Default

    OP, I bought a 32GB unit the week after launch at full price, so yes, I understand the frustration.

    I'm suspecting that BB would like to rehabilitate its tablet business, so some of the decisions on timing the update likely have to do with that. I think it's taken every resource BB has available just to get the phones out, so I get that updating the tablets might not be the highest priority. There's been further suggestion (some from internal documents) that there is a new PlayBook on the way, though there's been little evidence of that lately.

    There's not a lot that we as individuals can do here. We can yell and scream all we want, but I don't see how that will move this along. I will say, though, that there are now a couple of million PlayBooks out there and BB would likely want them on the same app compatibility as the phones sooner rather than later.





    "Max Power doesn't 'cuddle'! You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"
  18. southlander's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,948 Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA
    #93  

    Default Re: Are us playbook users getting screwed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    OP, I bought a 32GB unit the week after launch at full price, so yes, I understand the frustration.

    I'm suspecting that BB would like to rehabilitate its tablet business, so some of the decisions on timing the update likely have to do with that. I think it's taken every resource BB has available just to get the phones out, so I get that updating the tablets might not be the highest priority. There's been further suggestion (some from internal documents) that there is a new PlayBook on the way, though there's been little evidence of that lately.

    There's not a lot that we as individuals can do here. We can yell and scream all we want, but I don't see how that will move this along. I will say, though, that there are now a couple of million PlayBooks out there and BB would likely want them on the same app compatibility as the phones sooner rather than later.
    same here. 32 GB bought on day 1. but I have actually become more satisfied with the playbook over time. all I want is more os updates and refinements, and access to bb10 apps. not bb10 if it runs slower and the interface is not as good on the tablet.

    Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
  19. Darlaten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,714 Posts
    #94  

    Default

    To be blunt, Playbook owners, particularly those of us who purchased at launch, were definitely screwed over. We were screwed before the product even launched too given what shown to be available and yet never materialized. The Playbook will go down in history as one of the most ill-thought out devices that was so poorly implemented it will now serve as thy definitive example of how not too launch a product in every business textbook to come out in the future. At least those that will come out in 60 days..no 120 days...no I really meant sometime in the future as I never really said 60 days.

    Call me skeptical, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if a year from now, we are all still asking where BB10 is for the Playbook.
    The Z10 will be my last BB phone; switching platforms.
    Thanked by:
    bb4life21 (02-10-2013) 
    bb4life21 likes this.
  20. tchocky77's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    995 Posts
    #95  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_sx1 View Post
    RE: Are us PlayBook users getting screwed?Long time ago... haven't you noticed?

    Seriously, BlackBerry themselves don't know what to do with the PlayBook... they probably want to ditch it long time ago but worried of becoming bad publicity against them and with the incoming of new lines of mobiles running BB10, BlackBerry cannot afford to have another bad publicity... the later this year scenario will buy them enough time to decide or to finally abandon it... afterall, they have now valid reason such as hardware incapable... what they need now is some mind setting strategies such as feeding positive lookout on why BB10 is not needed in PB or something like the current PB OS is great and there is no require to upgrade to BB10, or a reverse psychology approach such as "you failed to do your research when buying things"... things like that...

    I don't see any reason why BlackBerry couldn't roll out the BB10 to PB asap especially that it could really help their BB10 marketing a lot... unless, again they haven't figure it out what to do with the current PlayBook...
    This. Like you,...I suspect RIM secretly wishes they'd dumped the Play Book into a deep dark hole last year. Everything about it has been a fiasco. OP,...you said you purchased a Play Book in the first month, so at full price. I honestly feel for you.
    Morlock_Man is a man of his word and a good sport.
    Thanked by:
    bb4life21 (02-11-2013) 
    bb4life21 likes this.
  21. rotorwrench's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,968 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,974 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it
    #96  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb4life21 View Post
    Hi. I will like to start off by saying I'm the biggest blackberry fan ever. I have only owed blackberries the last 8 years and plan on continuing that in the future. But I must say I am getting very frustrated with the lack of support and information about the future of the PlayBook. Already for bb fans who purchased z10s do not have bridge capabilities. And to make it worst bb is being hush on when or if bb10 will even make it to playbook. It is already frustrating dealing with daily wifi problems from my playbook but now I'm worried we will be left behind with this new wave of things coming up. I even been hearing that playbook doesn't even have the capabilities to run bb10 smh. I was just wondering what other playbook owners were thinking.
    I'm definitely not getting screwed. I got my 1st PB 5 months after release and after much research. I knew what I was getting and I never buy on rumors. I haven't had to "wait" on wifi or battery fixes because I've never had issues with them. I travel quite a bit and have been on a number of wifi networks with no issues except for one airport last year. Nor have we had those problems with the several PBs we have at work. I'm not waiting on anything right now. The PB works great for me, my wife, my daughter and my company, NOW. I'm sure BB10 will come, as it's already being run on a number of dev PBs now but I'm not waiting on it, I don't need it. But when it comes, I'll try it. I've got a working PB now and too many other things going on to worry about or speculate on BB10.
    There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
    Chaddface likes this.
  22. lcjr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,505 Posts
    PIN
    5032340A
    #97  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southlander View Post
    I am thinking that instead of bb10 on my playbook I'd rather just see updates to the current os like browser improvements, updated appworld with bb10 apps, and various other fixes folks want. (and enhancements).

    I am thinking 1GB of ram on the playbook just isn't enough.

    Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    I couldn't agree more. I'd rather see a newly redesigned tablet all together than BB10 on this Playbook. Not sure what folks are expecting when BB10 update. It's almost like installing a new Windows operating system on the same old computer and expecting huge improvements. Just my opinion though.
  23. Bbnivende's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,240 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,249 Global Posts
    #98  

    Default

    If I had purchased the PB after the BB10 promise I might feel a little upset but then I would realize that I got the PB for a super bargain price. If I had purchased the PB at the original price I would be really mad ... at myself . I don't really think it matters whether or not BB10 comes to the PB. If the PB is "dead man walking" there will be few if any new apps except those that can be side loaded successfully and I can use it for mail and the internet when I travel until I buy a replacement . The original PB needs replacing in the same way that any old device needs replacing. The difference between the original Ipad and the PB is that the original Ipad still has many useful apps that makes it worthy of continued use ( in the household). Anyway, it would be best that BB tells their customers what they plan to do with the original PB. Why keep folks hanging.
  24. Chaddface's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,508 Posts
    #99  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darlaten View Post
    To be blunt, Playbook owners, particularly those of us who purchased at launch, were definitely screwed over. We were screwed before the product even launched too given what shown to be available and yet never materialized.
    I bought first day but still don't feel as though I was screwed.
    The native email stuff was quite a fiasco but I don't use it. The Skype icon in the ads might have been a bummer for some but again I never use it.
    I have gotten a lot of use out of this tablet for the last two years. 441 recharge cycles.
    To be blunt, speak for yourself.
  25. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications
    #100  

    Default

    Thor will save us!!!
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Another way UK users get screwed by BlackBerry
    By Kobol in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 06:04 PM
  2. 47% Of Kids Who Are Heavy Technology Users Get Poor Grades
    By CASH in forum Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 05:17 PM
  3. Hey anyone know if us Tour users are gonna get the new OS6 update?
    By Kadeezall in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 07:42 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 07:42 AM
  5. A fix for us Telus user to get our browser back
    By stratts in forum Storm OS Discussion
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions