Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 175
Like Tree129Likes
  1. Chaddface's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,508 Posts
    #26  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anyface View Post
    what kind of company brings out a product and scraps it months afterwards?. They would lose credibility.

    So, weather they like it or not, BB is stuck with the PB

    The PB is almost two years old. That's a long time in tech years.
  2. NakedPaulToast's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    95 Posts
    #27  

    Default

    I am disappointed that BB10 is not available on my PlayBook.
    I am disappointed that the BB10 event made no mention of PlayBook.
    I will be severely disappointed if BB10 never comes to the PlayBook.

    But, I just don't understand this attitude that PlayBook owners are getting screwed.
  3. joshua_sx1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,664 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,667 Global Posts
    #28  

    Default

    It just only a matter of time and we will really know what BlackBerry plans with the current PlayBook...

    BB10 (Z10) is very successful, as far as the sales is concerned... there should no other reason now for BlackBerry not to roll the BB10 out to PlayBook sooner...
  4. brianatbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    383 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb4life21 View Post
    For the simple fact when we purchased the playbook we were promised all these features and apps to come. If they sold the playbook and said this is what it is and there will be no problem. But that was not the case. Like I said in a post above...pretty much us bb users that are still here are here till the end, but that "Why can't you just enjoy the tablet for what it is right now?" mentality is a big reason we get the short end of the stick sometimes. We are all bb fans....but that does not give bb the right to half finish a product and NEVER give us dates or even a idea of when things will be coming
    I think you have you answer, even if you don`t like it.

    You know Blackberry and how it operates. Next question is, is that good enough for you. If you, buy it. Otherwise, look elsewhere.
    Acer Asprie S755-6832, Playbook, Samsung SII HD LTE, HTC One v
  5. xamdam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,051 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts
    #30  

    Default

    If I get screwed I hope it is a good screw job is all.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

    "When in doubt, buy a laptop"
  6. bb4life21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RicThot View Post
    ...And then bb10 will come out and is going to happen? A bunch of threads about lack of updates again, how BB screwed you up yada yada yada.... Seriously guys, why are you keeping your PB if you're so unsatisfied with BB10 support?
    In your first sentence you say "And then bb10 will come out and is going to happen?" Im not sure what you meant but I believe you are saying then bb10 will come out then what is going to happen. Everybody question is WHEN!! Your stating that like bb has come thru with anything in the past 2 years and people are not basing their question on anything. I'm not sure what you mean by yada yada yada. But if you mean that people actually want ANY information on products they bought from a company..then yes yada yada yada. And for your last part the reason everyone is keeping there playbook is because they blackberry has been saying in will be integrated with the new system. I had one first month and have been sticking around. If blackberry would have said we are done and not sure what they are going to do with playbook it would be a non issue.
  7. bb4life21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #32  

    Default

    [QUOTE=Chaddface;7958827]I think there is usually nonsense to follow after that first sentence.


    "If the PB can't run BB10, someone should tell Heins because he is planning on releasing it to WiFi and 4G PlayBooks."

    Are you basing this off of fact? What exactly is plan on releasing it? When exactly is that.....That's the whole problem most people have. Not if it is or not coming. Just that we don't have ANY information

    You also stated:
    "The Z10 has the ability to share internet connection from the bridge so to say they have no bridge functions is not correct."
    I thought this was just tethering...If I am wrong with that I stand corrected. I was more referring to the same bridging abilities we had on OS7 ex: email,bbm,calender etc. For some of us that is huge.
  8. whereiskype's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #33  

    Default

    If you bought the playbook for $188 a few months ago you are not getting screwed. Because it's worth $188.
    If you were like me and bought this thing on launchday for $600+ with the idea that you will be Rico suave with your 9900 and will be able to utilize ur 6gb data plan and do normal things like skype MSN YAHOO MSNGR angry birds 1.0 wordswithfriends drawsomething netflix, then yes, you are getting screwed. IF bb10 launched on pb on bb10 launchday I'd own a z10 yesterday cause I see the value in having my phone tablet running the same os. Now I'm just patiently waiting again for the q10 and if the pb doesn't have bb10 by then I'm taking my loss and moving on. A$600+ tablet should be doing more then just checking emails and surfing the Web.
    idon12no likes this.
  9. idon12no's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    476 Posts
    #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whereiskype View Post
    If you bought the playbook for $188 a few months ago you are not getting screwed. Because it's worth $188.
    I'm with you. I got my wife the pb for $200, so I am pretty cool with its basic shortcomings. PB's inability to run chrome or firefox has become an issue now, but we're basically satisfied with the tablet as a whole. Hd out is great, the graphics are very nice, and the updates have made the pb better. Definitely worth $188!
  10. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #35  

    Default

    It's two years old and you likely got it for less than $200. Where is your sense of entitlement coming from????
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  11. NFLPLAYBOOK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    934 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,060 Global Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Why does everyone keep thinking that the reason the Bridge features are mot there is because of BB2.1 and BB10. They are both QNX based. It has nothing to do with it. The simple fact is BB didn't write the Bridge functions for QNX to work with QNX. It's that simple. The reason it will take as long as it will is simply that. They have to write the features into the OS. We might see the Text feature come back but besides that I don't see many more of the features returning. And yes I know that they say features will return. It's just a matter of which ones. We might even see contacts or calendar and shared notes. Email sharing and BBM sharing I don't think are in the cards. This is just my guess. And my buying one on the release date makes me entitled to know what's going on. There sure wasn''t any discounts then that's for sure.
    BB10 Powered by QNX RTOS.
  12. rafikiphoto's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    42 Posts
    #37  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southlander View Post
    I am thinking that instead of bb10 on my playbook I'd rather just see updates to the current os like browser improvements, updated appworld with bb10 apps, and various other fixes folks want. (and enhancements).

    I am thinking 1GB of ram on the playbook just isn't enough.

    Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    I think the PB as it is now is pretty good and (for me) stable. I don't need BB10 necessarily. My needs for the PB aren't possible with the current hardware I think. I need the ability when I travel to transfer my photos from the SD cards onto my tablet and to then upload them to the cloud to await my return for processing. The PB can't do this so I bought an Asus Infinity TF700 with keyboard. This gives me those possibilities and it works well. However, what do I use day-to-day? The Playbook of course!
  13. yungtigger06's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #38  

    Default

    i have read each and every post and i can agree with the feelings being shared. I downloaded the beta versions and watched the youtube videos trying them out. I personally think BB should have at least prepared a statement of whats going on with the playbook. The fact that a week long launch is going on and the CEO's only response to pb inquiries is " its coming" I want t trade up my 32gb and get the 4g +lte model but not with the way this is going. The playbook has hardware as good as the 500 dollar android tab i bought my wife and half the functionality. From the betas Ive tried this update would be worth holding on to this device.
  14. HafeezAkmal's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    PIN
    G!!!
    #39  

    Default

    How I'd like to see BlackBerry 10 come to the BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com

    At first when i read this post, i was kinda frustrated. But heck, when u think back about this, we had it in our playbooks all along (sort of), without the same cosmetic resemblance. I don't think we're being screwed in any ways.

    What matters to me now, personally, are the apps support on the current playbook. & yes, the browser improvement & some other necessary fixes are most welcomed .
    Arguing Over Smartphones Emotionally Are Irrational Unless You Own The Stock. Brand Loyalty Is Fine. But Putting A Long Debate Over A Useless Topic That Does Not Up Your Productivity Is Unhealthy. Forums Are Not Your Burn Book!

    Devices: Bold 9900 + Playbook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. BB10 Is Here!
  15. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    55,716 Posts
    Global Posts
    55,871 Global Posts
    #40  

    Default

    I agree with most of these. I don't care if it's BB10 or what they call it. Just fix the issues and get us out of that adobe air base. No not screwed but perhaps lied to when we all kept hearing.....yes the PB will be updated to BB10.

    Quote Originally Posted by DementedDevil View Post
    Here's my two cents:
    The PlayBook is already running QNX so the leap to full BB10 should be relatively easy. Sure the hardware is different but as a developer the two things I want from BB10 on the PlayBook are:
    1. The Qt framework which makes writing native app ui much easier
    2. The cascades framework which finishes the story.
    1gb is enough - sure 2 or even 4 would be better as would a faster CPU as used by the LTE model but 1Gb does work as the Dev Alpha units prove.
    I expect the bridge software will see updates but they will probably arrive in tandem with the PB OS update.

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    Native BBM,BB10 apps, BB10 Browser ..This is all I want. Keep you hub and peek.

    Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddface View Post
    I think there is usually nonsense to follow after that first sentence.


    If the PB can't run BB10, someone should tell Heins because he is planning on releasing it to WiFi and 4G PlayBooks.


    The Z10 has the ability to share internet connection from the bridge so to say they have no bridge functions is not correct.


    The PB is approaching 2 years old. The wave has crashed on the beach already. The "new wave" will require new upgraded tech.


    I'm fine with the way it is right now. I have been thinking of an inexpensive Android tab to run some apps for things like home theater and automation. I won't wait for RIM or any company to fullfill promises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddface View Post
    The PB is almost two years old. That's a long time in tech years.
    Quote Originally Posted by HafeezAkmal View Post
    How I'd like to see BlackBerry 10 come to the BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com

    At first when i read this post, i was kinda frustrated. But heck, when u think back about this, we had it in our playbooks all along (sort of), without the same cosmetic resemblance. I don't think we're being screwed in any ways.

    What matters to me now, personally, are the apps support on the current playbook. & yes, the browser improvement & some other necessary fixes are most welcomed .
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
  16. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    55,716 Posts
    Global Posts
    55,871 Global Posts
    #42  

    Default

    I have to agree with Kevin no matter what they call it.

    How I'd like to see BlackBerry 10 come to the BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
  17. Bad Whippet's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    47 Posts
    #43  

    Default

    I can see the difference in expectations. I bought my Playbook less than a month ago, already knowing it was unlikely to be supported, was out of date with other hardware and didn't have Skype (an app I use a lot). I still bought it because it's the only device with such a wide range of video codecs, it's small (I don't like the larger tablets), and it's now quarter of the price compared to similar sized devices with 64Gb. For me it's 90% perfect without BB10.

    If I'd bought it at its premium price with full expectation that Blackberry would keep it up to date with other device OS and app support (especially if they promised this), then I think I'd be pretty miffed too. I'm not miffed at all (I'm delighted with my PB) but I'm a latecomer with different expectations.
  18. Altarocks's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    984 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,005 Global Posts
    #44  

    Default Re: Are us playbook users getting screwed?

    Quote Originally Posted by anyface View Post
    what kind of company brings out a product and scraps it months afterwards?
    HP


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  19. soren203's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    771 Global Posts
    #45  

    Default

    Yeah I think we are getting screwed, knowing RIM(BB) and the history of updating devices to the latest version, remember 9780 and os 6.1 (yeah Im still ticked about that lol)
    8330, 9000, 9780
  20. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,038 Global Posts
    #46  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb4life21 View Post
    Hi. I will like to start off by saying I'm the biggest blackberry fan ever.
    There's quite a competition for this title here. Lots of haters claim they are too.


    But I must say I am getting very frustrated with the lack of support and information about the future of the PlayBook.
    It is frustrating but if you look at it objectively, the PlayBook didn't sell well. In the first six quarters on market, they moved about 2 million of them. After about 700,000 shipped, they started discounting heavily (many speculate at a loss) in order to move through their inventory and keep it on the shelves. Right now, it's not contributing much to RIM's revenue and it's probably hurting their profits. Analysts have been calling on RIM to punt the PlayBook for many quarters now.

    Already for bb fans who purchased z10s do not have bridge capabilities.
    They do have bridge capabilities. But it is somewhat scaled down.

    And to make it worst bb is being hush on when or if bb10 will even make it to playbook.
    Thorsten Heins and Alec Saunders have both said it's coming to PlayBook later this year.

    I even been hearing that playbook doesn't even have the capabilities to run bb10 smh. I was just wondering what other playbook owners were thinking.
    This is pure speculation. Considering that absolutely none of the people saying that were involved in designing Blackberry 10 to know what its minimum system requirements are or aren't, I wouldn't worry about it.

    It's not all bad. They release OS 2.1 last summer. They released a faster PlayBook LTE last summer. The line is definitely taken a back seat but there have been some initiatives for it.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  21. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,035 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,038 Global Posts
    #47  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddface View Post
    The PB is almost two years old. That's a long time in tech years.
    Once again:

    A new PlayBook (PlayBook LTE) was released in august. It has OTA capabilities and runs at 1.5 GHZ, not 1.0 GHZ like the PlayBook Wifi (Released in April 2011) does.

    Whether or not its the jump people want, or configurable in the form people want, or available in the channels people want is a separate issue. But there is newer hardware
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  22. Professional_Tickle_Fighter's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    88 Posts
    #48  

    Default

    My kid broke my PB on friday. That 2/3 of our PB out of commision. If i knew a reasonable estimate on BB10 i'd be more willing to wait around. Might pick up the Nexus 7" in the mean time - i am sure one of my kids will break that soon too!
  23. Bbnivende's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,238 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,247 Global Posts
    #49  

    Default

    Blackberry does not communicate ! They are a secretive bunch that do not admit to problems and support for their devices is lacking ( not saying that Apple is any better in the support dept). Now that RIM is Blackberry, I thought there might be a culture shift but I don't think anything is happening to make Blackberry a better company. As far as the PB, when and if I need another tablet I will just go out and buy one. Crackberries are constantly making excuses for the PB but the fact of the matter is that if I buy a Apple or android tablet there are Apps and a new OS will not bring in Apps for a device that has reached its "end of life".
    bb4life21 likes this.
  24. Bbnivende's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,238 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,247 Global Posts
    #50  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    Once again:

    A new PlayBook (PlayBook LTE) was released in august. It has OTA capabilities and runs at 1.5 GHZ, not 1.0 GHZ like the PlayBook Wifi (Released in April 2011) does.

    Whether or not its the jump people want, or configurable in the form people want, or available in the channels people want is a separate issue. But there is newer hardware
    We do not know that any Playbook is still being manufactured . There is no evidence that it is. If you have evidence , please post.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Another way UK users get screwed by BlackBerry
    By Kobol in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 06:04 PM
  2. 47% Of Kids Who Are Heavy Technology Users Get Poor Grades
    By CASH in forum Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 05:17 PM
  3. Hey anyone know if us Tour users are gonna get the new OS6 update?
    By Kadeezall in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 07:42 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 07:42 AM
  5. A fix for us Telus user to get our browser back
    By stratts in forum Storm OS Discussion
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions