Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 175
Like Tree129Likes
  1. bb4life21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Are us playbook users getting screwed?

    Hi. I will like to start off by saying I'm the biggest blackberry fan ever. I have only owed blackberries the last 8 years and plan on continuing that in the future. But I must say I am getting very frustrated with the lack of support and information about the future of the PlayBook. Already for bb fans who purchased z10s do not have bridge capabilities. And to make it worst bb is being hush on when or if bb10 will even make it to playbook. It is already frustrating dealing with daily wifi problems from my playbook but now I'm worried we will be left behind with this new wave of things coming up. I even been hearing that playbook doesn't even have the capabilities to run bb10 smh. I was just wondering what other playbook owners were thinking.
    Bbnivende likes this.
  2. RoboticGolem's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    511 Posts
    PIN
    Just ask
    #2  

    Default

    They said later this year. I am guessing April 18th. Only because that would be exactly 10 weeks after the launch.
  3. Aljean Thein's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,782 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Its only been a week since BB10 came out. Too much of these threads keep posting up.Don't expect a lot at one time. Wait till a good month to start reacting like crazy...

    As a playbook owner.. I don't mind the wait, as long as they bring the update to us.
    Thanked by 5:
    antonnin (02-10-2013),  Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-10-2013),  CerveloJohn (02-10-2013),  mrzeolite (02-10-2013),  RicThot (02-09-2013) 
  4. southlander's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,164 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,165 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA
    #4  

    Default Are us playbook users getting screwed?!?!?!?!

    I am thinking that instead of bb10 on my playbook I'd rather just see updates to the current os like browser improvements, updated appworld with bb10 apps, and various other fixes folks want. (and enhancements).

    I am thinking 1GB of ram on the playbook just isn't enough.

    Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
  5. idon12no's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    490 Posts
    Global Posts
    512 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    I would be happy with an improved browser. My wife uses bridge to send messages and whatnot, and I know she would be pissed if she got a pb update the took away functions she currently enjoys.
    Thanked by:
    ESCON (02-10-2013) 
    Pmungus and trynacu2 like this.
  6. bb4life21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aljean Thein View Post
    Its only been a week since BB10 came out. Too much of these threads keep posting up.Don't expect a lot at one time. Wait till a good month to start reacting like crazy...

    As a playbook owner.. I don't mind the wait, as long as they bring the update to us.
    First off thanks for your reply. See the problem is for me you are saying it's just been a month and wait. The reality is playbook owners have done nothing but wait ever since release! I'm not sure when you bought your playbook but I am one of the ones who bought it first month. So whether it's been regarding apps, battery problems etc us playbook owners have been very patient. I mean for goodness sake people are still having wifi issue that has never been directly addressed by bb. I just hope we start to get a little more info from bbry regarding the future of playbook.
    Thanked by 3:
    Darlaten (02-10-2013),  needforbbx (02-10-2013),  TorchMach1 (02-10-2013) 
  7. bb4life21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboticGolem View Post
    They said later this year. I am guessing April 18th. Only because that would be exactly 10 weeks after the launch.
    I feel this is the biggest problem....we are always GUESSING! Pretty much at this point we know all of us that are still here are riding with blackberry till the end. Sometimes it's just mind boggling the things we put up with. I still can't. Believe I won't be able to get a z10 until late March lol but at this point I am fine with that.
    Uncle Remus and krox1105 like this.
  8. philblin's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Would it really hurt BlackBerry to give us just a bit of hope? When will we get the promised update? Will it include a proper outlook sync? Not a lot to ask really
    Uncle Remus and ruhban like this.
  9. 416to604's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    590 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    No I don't think us playbook users are getting screwed. Why can't you just enjoy the tablet for what it is right now?
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
    Thanked by 3:
    bungaboy (02-11-2013),  CerveloJohn (02-10-2013),  Desktoper (02-10-2013) 
  10. dudoo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    223 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    I got mine the first day it came out with the hopes/expectation of using Skype, Netflix and the browser on every Site. There were rumours before the launch almost 2 years ago that this would be available. Yet I am still waiting and then hear that they are now coming to bb10. Except Netflix. Now more rumours waiting? I do like my playbook and use it often, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't ask for some of the basics.
    Thanked by:
    dadymon (02-09-2013) 
    h20work and bb4life21 like this.
  11. bb4life21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 416to604 View Post
    No I don't think us playbook users are getting screwed. Why can't you just enjoy the tablet for what it is right now?
    For the simple fact when we purchased the playbook we were promised all these features and apps to come. If they sold the playbook and said this is what it is and there will be no problem. But that was not the case. Like I said in a post above...pretty much us bb users that are still here are here till the end, but that "Why can't you just enjoy the tablet for what it is right now?" mentality is a big reason we get the short end of the stick sometimes. We are all bb fans....but that does not give bb the right to half finish a product and NEVER give us dates or even a idea of when things will be coming. I mean seriously the reason for the "delay" was to get things "right". So you telling me they didn't think that z10 users would need instant bridge capabilities with the playbook at launch? SMH! During the Christmas holiday we all heard the delay and reason for it. Now they just had a big "coming out event" and we still don't have new phones...and some of us even had more questions than answers after the conference in New York. Just saying voicing your opinion and question doesnt make you anti bb.
    Thanked by 6:
    BigAl_BB9900 (02-09-2013),  Darlaten (02-10-2013),  Mecca EL (02-10-2013),  needforbbx (02-10-2013),  smuook (02-09-2013),  Uncle Remus (02-09-2013) 
  12. joshua_sx1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,776 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,779 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    RE: Are us PlayBook users getting screwed?Long time ago... haven't you noticed?

    Seriously, BlackBerry themselves don't know what to do with the PlayBook... they probably want to ditch it long time ago but worried of becoming bad publicity against them and with the incoming of new lines of mobiles running BB10, BlackBerry cannot afford to have another bad publicity... the later this year scenario will buy them enough time to decide or to finally abandon it... afterall, they have now valid reason such as hardware incapable... what they need now is some mind setting strategies such as feeding positive lookout on why BB10 is not needed in PB or something like the current PB OS is great and there is no require to upgrade to BB10, or a reverse psychology approach such as "you failed to do your research when buying things"... things like that...

    I don't see any reason why BlackBerry couldn't roll out the BB10 to PB asap especially that it could really help their BB10 marketing a lot... unless, again they haven't figure it out what to do with the current PlayBook...
  13. Deckard79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    678 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    My feeling is a bit in-between at the moment. On one hand, a PlayBook at 129 really made me enthusiastic about RIM/BlackBerry and I do think it is a great bargain. The Playbook is why I'm here.

    But on the other hand, I do think BlackBerry really missed the boat by not having BB10 on PB ready at launch. It would have brought some good early revenue on app sales, and a feelgood amongst the BlackBerry faithful. Also, removing much bridge functionality... Well, if BB10 on PlayBook is imminent this may be excuseable providing full bridge functionality is restored then, but if there's another 6-12 months to wait it becomes a rather difficult pill to swallow.

    The only effect thus far, for me, that the BB10 launch has had is:

    1) Feeling a bit left out that PlayBook wasn't mentioned in launch party
    2) The application I use most, Neutron, no longer works on my Playbook after an update to make it BB10 compatible. BlackBerry are taking donkeys years to approve the fix that the dev submitted.

    Leaves a sour taste in the mouth. That said, I'm still here, still posting, and still hopeful.
  14. 416to604's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    590 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb4life21 View Post
    For the simple fact when we purchased the playbook we were promised all these features and apps to come. If they sold the playbook and said this is what it is and there will be no problem. But that was not the case. Like I said in a post above...pretty much us bb users that are still here are here till the end, but that "Why can't you just enjoy the tablet for what it is right now?" mentality is a big reason we get the short end of the stick sometimes. We are all bb fans....but that does not give bb the right to half finish a product and NEVER give us dates or even a idea of when things will be coming. I mean seriously the reason for the "delay" was to get things "right". So you telling me they didn't think that z10 users would need instant bridge capabilities with the playbook at launch? SMH! During the Christmas holiday we all heard the delay and reason for it. Now they just had a big "coming out event" and we still don't have new phones...and some of us even had more questions than answers after the conference in New York. Just saying voicing your opinion and question doesnt make you anti bb.
    Here's the thing: As someone who visits this forum regularly I see a lot of the rumors and so called promises people seem to think they are entitled to. People say a lot of things on this forum and others about what blackberry could/should/hopefully do with their products but very little of it can be considered as fact or guarantees. Yeah I'm not happy that my Z10 doesn't have the same bridge capabilities that my 9900 did, but I took that risk when I went out and bought my Z10 on Canadian launch day. My expectations were set. I wasn't expecting to have everything BB7 had and more, rather I knew there would be some trade offs. Bridge is amazing, but so is my new Z10. And the Z10 will continue to get better as it matures. I'm not saying you can't voice your opinion here and I never said you were anti bb. Honestly everyone is welcome here at CB. My post was just to say I disagree with you.

    My playbook is working as well as it was last week. No complaints here.
    Last edited by 416to604; 02-09-2013 at 06:40 AM.
    Thanked by 6:
    axllebeer (02-13-2013),  Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-10-2013),  CerveloJohn (02-10-2013),  Desktoper (02-10-2013),  Flexin (02-09-2013),  Vorkosigan (02-09-2013) 
  15. Vorkosigan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,308 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    I've only had my pb for a little over a year. It was a gift from my boss. I am maybe luckier than most. When I got it it had OS1 but OS2 was right around the corner. I loved it right from the start and the updated OS was just awesome.

    I've never had any expectations that BlackBerry needed to keep updating beyond bug fixes. I have never heard them promise anything beyond some vague references that there would be a playbook with BB10. Reading over those interviews I've never seen where it's been said that the current pb's would get it. Just that BB10 was coming for the playbook. Could be for a new playbook with 2GB of ram. Now, maybe I've missed where someone from BlackBerry has said definitely the current pb's would get upgraded - but all I see are people in the forums saying that it was promised.

    And like one of the previous posters said, with 1GB of ram I don't think the experience on the pb would be the same. I'd love to see some enhancements but I don't personally think we're owed them. I have a bb running OS6 which was a great update from its original OS5, but I'm not surprised or upset that it didn't get the update to OS7.
    Power corrupts. Knowledge is power.
    Study hard. Be evil.
    Thanked by:
    Enyigma (02-09-2013) 
    Flexin, bungaboy and 416to604 like this.
  16. RicThot's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    362 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    ...And then bb10 will come out and is going to happen? A bunch of threads about lack of updates again, how BB screwed you up yada yada yada.... Seriously guys, why are you keeping your PB if you're so unsatisfied with BB10 support?
    Thanked by:
    Desktoper (02-10-2013) 
    Desktoper likes this.
  17. untakenusername's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Maybe us are, maybe us aren't....
  18. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,384 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,388 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    I'm thinking there should be an FAQ at the top of the forums that says,

    "The latest information on PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 ". And it should be red and it should blink in the most gawdy but eye catching way ...
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    bungaboy likes this.
  19. DementedDevil's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Here's my two cents:
    The PlayBook is already running QNX so the leap to full BB10 should be relatively easy. Sure the hardware is different but as a developer the two things I want from BB10 on the PlayBook are:
    1. The Qt framework which makes writing native app ui much easier
    2. The cascades framework which finishes the story.
    1gb is enough - sure 2 or even 4 would be better as would a faster CPU as used by the LTE model but 1Gb does work as the Dev Alpha units prove.
    I expect the bridge software will see updates but they will probably arrive in tandem with the PB OS update.

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    kbz1960 and krox1105 like this.
  20. djpailo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    226 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    I think a small update to give us access to the new app world. Not sure why it would not work since bb10 is based on our tablet OS. Perhaps upgrade the browser too.
    h20work likes this.
  21. Flexin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    PIN
    283B671D
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb4life21 View Post
    Hi. I will like to start off by saying I'm the biggest blackberry fan ever. I have only owed blackberries the last 8 years and plan on continuing that in the future. But I must say I am getting very frustrated with the lack of support and information about the future of the PlayBook. Already for bb fans who purchased z10s do not have bridge capabilities. And to make it worst bb is being hush on when or if bb10 will even make it to playbook. It is already frustrating dealing with daily wifi problems from my playbook but now I'm worried we will be left behind with this new wave of things coming up. I even been hearing that playbook doesn't even have the capabilities to run bb10 smh. I was just wondering what other playbook owners were thinking.
    I don't feel like we are being screwed. If things are missing from bridge then I'm sure they will be corrected in time. They have made many fixes for bridge and will continue to do so.

    As far as BB10 goes, it is something that I wouldn't expect to be offered for a two year old product. I think it is cool that they are going to offer it but I don't feel it is something they should be expected to do.

    Your saying it doesn't have the capabilities to run it from what your hearing. I heard it does but the fact is that it does have lower specs then the phone that they released two years after the PlayBook. That is to be expected. If you have ever owned a PC you would know that you normally have to upgrade/replace your hardware for a new OS. In this case it isn't a new OS but changed. I'm sure they will have no problem adding a Playbook version.

    I think the biggest thing on the table is to get the Q10 to market and also to get the Z10 and Q10 into the US market.

    There is also rumors that there will be a new PlayBook this year. I have heard some complain because it will have better specs then the one they own and they are being screwed over. Can't make everyone happy.

    James
  22. rupam95's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    796 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    At least " Later this year" is not as ambiguous than the usual " soon". If it doesn't come before 2014, i say we protest!
  23. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications
    #23  

    Default Are us playbook users getting screwed?

    Native BBM,BB10 apps, BB10 Browser ..This is all I want. Keep you hub and peek.

    Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    Thanked by 2:
    axllebeer (02-13-2013),  howarmat (02-09-2013) 
    willie44, howarmat and Chaddface like this.
  24. anyface's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    It's probably true that BB would love it if they could find the way to get rid of the PB. However, like I've said before, that are also pretty much aware that doing such a thing would have two direct consequences:
    - they would outrage PB users. Not a good idea.
    -the market couldn't take such a company seriously; what kind of company brings out a product and scraps it months afterwards?. They would lose credibility.

    So, weather they like it or not, BB is stuck with the PB
  25. Chaddface's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,513 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bb4life21 View Post
    Hi. I will like to start off by saying I'm the biggest blackberry fan ever. I have only owed blackberries the last 8 years and plan on continuing that in the future. --snip-- I was just wondering what other playbook owners were thinking.
    I think there is usually nonsense to follow after that first sentence.

    I even been hearing that playbook doesn't even have the capabilities to run bb10 smh.
    If the PB can't run BB10, someone should tell Heins because he is planning on releasing it to WiFi and 4G PlayBooks.

    Already for bb fans who purchased z10s do not have bridge capabilities.
    The Z10 has the ability to share internet connection from the bridge so to say they have no bridge functions is not correct.

    I'm worried we will be left behind with this new wave of things coming up.
    The PB is approaching 2 years old. The wave has crashed on the beach already. The "new wave" will require new upgraded tech.


    I'm fine with the way it is right now. I have been thinking of an inexpensive Android tab to run some apps for things like home theater and automation. I won't wait for RIM or any company to fullfill promises.
    Thanked by:
    Thunderbuck (02-10-2013) 
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Another way UK users get screwed by BlackBerry
    By Kobol in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 06:04 PM
  2. 47% Of Kids Who Are Heavy Technology Users Get Poor Grades
    By CASH in forum Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 05:17 PM
  3. Hey anyone know if us Tour users are gonna get the new OS6 update?
    By Kadeezall in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 07:42 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 07:42 AM
  5. A fix for us Telus user to get our browser back
    By stratts in forum Storm OS Discussion
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions