Am I blind or is the PB annoyingly painful when it comes to uploading files? Using the native browser I'm limited by file types of what I can select to upload across any site. WTF? So long as I use anything associated with the PB browser I'm limited... how do you guys upload files to dropbox, box.net, etc?
    03-28-12 11:22 AM
    I believe Files&Folders can work with any file you can see. Other FileManagers may also allow such actions.
    Scotter75 and Innovatology like this.
    03-28-12 11:48 AM
    You can't upload certain files because, well, Box.net at least, uses the "File Manager" app to select the files to upload, and File Manager only "sees" certain types of media and document files. A workaround for this limitation would be to find the file you're looking to upload with a different file browser, then rename the file adding an extension that "File Browser" will recognize. As an example, if you had a .bar file that you wanted to upload to box.net, (Kindle.bar say), rename the file "Kindle.bar.zip". Then "File Manager" should be able to see the file and let you upload it.
    03-28-12 04:24 PM
    Files & Folders seems to be exactly what you're looking for. It lets you access your PlayBook Dropbox, Box.net, Google Docs and SugarSync cloud accounts and copy & paste any files between them. And much more... Take the trial version for a spin and see whether it works for you.
    Scotter75 likes this.
    03-28-12 05:55 PM
    A workaround would be to rename the file to something the PlayBook Files app see and then upload it.

Once it's up there, rename it back to the original format.

But now I have F&F and SugarSync/Box in one single app and no longer need said workaround.

Files & Folders seems to be exactly what you're looking for. It lets you access your PlayBook Dropbox, Box.net, Google Docs and SugarSync cloud accounts and copy & paste any files between them. And much more... Take the trial version for a spin and see whether it works for you.
    And where is that unrar feature?
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-28-12 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD