Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By F2
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Upgraded OS, Created Folders = a Bricked Playbook

Hi, about a month after installing the latest OS update, which worked great, I learned that I could create folders on the Playbook desktop. I started creating about 40 folders on my desktop and dragging shortcut icons in the folder. One day I noticed that no more shortcuts could be created on the desktop after about ten attempts. I turned off the Playbook and back on to solve my problem. I have seen colored bubbles and one BRICK since trying to bootup. I used the data cable to save my files from the Z:\ Drive created by the Playbook in my PC. I updated the BB Desktop Manager and Device Manager. I held the power bottom and volume button in every possible configuration. I tried to debrick it by waiting for the Upgrade message to appear on my PC. After connecting the Playbook, while BB Desktop Manager and Device Manager is running, with no luck, just pretty bubbles. I get the pretty green light when the PB is fully charged. Any new ideas?

First question: did you create ALL FOLDERS in the dock - that top row of Icons? 5 in Landscape orientation? That has been known to create freeze up problems. Some folks have suggested that giving it a really LONG time to boot, it will sometimes finally Restart. Do NOT place all folders in the dock.

In order to Debrick the pb must be OFF when using DM and attaching the usb cord. Go into a dark room and make sure the screen is really OFF - totally black, not a backlight dark gray.

Good luck.

Oh, you can also call rim

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    Thanked by:
    OMORO (11-24-2012) 
    kbz1960 and OMORO like this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Upgraded OS, Created Folders = a Bricked Playbook

No, I never learned or considered doing anything in the Docking area, only the desktop. I think that my inability to create new shortcut was the begin of my Brickdom. Where you saying that the Playbook should remain off while trying to debrick. I ask because I get the detached message when I disconnect it from my PC? Thanks, I will contact Blackberry.

First start the Desktop Software - What I meant was the pb should be OFF when you join the pb and the computer using the usb. Then you should see a message that offers UPDATE (upgrade?) which might only appear quickly. Select it and see if the Debrick then runs its course. Don't necessarily do anything on the pb until the process leads to a Restart.