Here's the deal, fellow PlayBookers, I bought my 16GB model back on April 27 from Best Buy but this weekend J&R (JR.com: Research In Motion 7" Capacitive Touch Screen 32GB BlackBerry Playbook in Portable Tablet PCs) has the 32GB model on sale for $569.99 with free shipping and no tax unless you're in the state of NY. My 16GB model cost me $533.92 after tax so for less than $40 im getting double the storage capacity! That right there is a bargain, ladies & gentlemen!! Luckily for me, I am a Best Buy Reward Zone Premier Silver Member so I get 45 days to return and no restocking fee. That works for me
    I have until June 11 to return it and my 32GB model should be arriving on June 9 so I'll keep it until then. Hey, I love this thing so I couldn't do without it. Also, when I go return it I plan on putting some pressure on Best Buy for my business and letting them know exactly why I am returning. I plan on printing my order confirmation from J&R and taking it with me. The ball will be on their court to make me a better offer. And hey, if they don't I'm still winning!

I decided to write this in case those of you that are in my same boat can take advantage of this deal. Well, my work here is done...
    06-05-11 09:44 AM
    So if they call your bluff and make you a better offer what are you going to with your PB from J&R?

Seems like a stupid approach to me and I would just take it back and not say anything.
    06-05-11 10:09 AM
    It's simple, I'll just send it back to J&R. They have a 30 day return policy. You do realize I don't have to open the package until i get back from Best Buy, right?

Realistically though, I don't really expect Best Buy to give me a better deal, but we'll see what they do for a loyal customer of theirs...
    06-05-11 10:14 AM
    Before you return, ask BBuy about their price match

Price Match Guarantee

You will still have to pay your local tax at BBuy.

You might also checkout mobilecityonline. They have a nominal shipping charge, no tax NYS out state, and free case

Blackberry Playbook Tablet 7 inch Wifi Edition 32GB at MobileCityOnline.com
    Last edited by mandony; 06-05-11 at 10:26 AM.
    06-05-11 10:22 AM

Price Match Guarantee

You might also checkout mobilecityonline. They have a nominal shipping charge, no tax NYS out state, and free case

Good point. They only have to match the before tax price.
    06-05-11 10:28 AM

Price Match Guarantee

Yea, I have already taken that into account. They would have to lower the price of the 32GB to $532.70 just so it comes out to $569.98 after tax if they do decide to price match. To be quite honest, that seems far fetched. I'm going to stroll in there expecting the worse & hoping for the best! But hey, it doesn't hurt to try! Regardless of whatever happens, i'm still getting a 32GB PB for a very reasonable price. That's all I really care about.
    06-05-11 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD