I hope we don't have till the next major update to get the little fixes like crashing browser and the other little bugs that everyone is complaining about. Seems to me we should have had one or two patches by now. I would think there are a few RIM employees looking at these threads an seeing that there are issues. Or is there another route we all need to be taking to get stuff resolved. I've been wondering if these forums are stopping progress by stopping trouble tickets making it to the official channels. I know when I have a issue I come straight here and search instead of going to RIM for answers. Should we be using the official RIM more so they can see that the issues are there or I'm I right to assume they should be reading these threads like everyone else. Really I think Microsoft style error reports are needed. Just saying......
    03-08-12 08:33 PM
    There's a maintenance release scheduled. (Where scheduled means there's a target date again, internally, but not a public date. Let the speculation begin!) If they tried releasing numerous little updates to patch relatively non-critical things, it would be a disaster in many ways.

Reporting problems in the official BlackBerry community support forums is likely a better way to ensure they get attention than merely discussing them here. Discussion here is great, probably even essential in some cases (better community etc) but they won't see every thread and every post with every issue here...

In the official community support forums there are individuals who have the ability to expedite particularly bad problems to make sure they get timely attention from RIM. Also, calm, rational posts there with lots of details work way better than ALLCAPSOMGWTF posts with lots of exclamation marks and threats to sell your useless PlayBook!!!!! ;-)
    jafobabe likes this.
    03-08-12 08:55 PM
    i hope they fix battery life soon.

Bridge was a stroke of genius!!!! Cant say it enough!
    recompile likes this.
    03-08-12 08:58 PM
    Battery life is good here...
    recompile likes this.
    03-08-12 09:36 PM
    Update needed asap! RIM bring on the updates. I'll give you a month before I really start crying and making a scene here lol
    03-08-12 11:23 PM
    No battery issue here.
    03-08-12 11:24 PM
    Battery life is good here...
    Ditto. I haven't dropped below 50% ever, even after hours of use.
    03-08-12 11:26 PM
    Update needed asap! RIM bring on the updates. I'll give you a month before I really start crying and making a scene here lol
    Too late LOL

I drain a full charge in about 10-14 hrs steady use mostly browsing, music sometimes tru headphones, oh and my prerequisite taking pic/videos of my dog when we hit the park in the evening...
    03-08-12 11:34 PM
    They said before that the reason why the wait was so long for 2.0 was because they had to release the apps at once (due to their integration with each other).
    03-08-12 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD