Update but I already have it
I currently have 220.127.116.114 on my playbook.
When I connect to a new wifi (eg. at my brother's, at a public spot), I get a notification of an application update version 18.104.22.1684
Why is this happening? It only seems to happen upon connecting to a network I've not connected to before.
- 01-22-13, 08:06 PM #3
It could be identifying that you are in a different region, for example sometimes service providers in Canada can appear to be in US and vice versa because of the ip addresses.
- 01-23-13, 04:40 AM #4
Does it say what size the update is?
Sometimes I've read about people getting random small updates, because they've deleted / uninstalled something that the software update thing will try and put back.
@Scotter75 - The connection(s) weren't saved, so nothing to delete.
@djenkins6 - why would my location trigger a need for an update to the OS?
@Wongsky - it says 17 Mb, which I think was the original size of the update (and I haven't uninstalled anything)
I guess I'll backup, reboot, and if it still wants to update, I'll let it.
- CrackBerry Master
01-24-13, 01:20 PM #10
- 1,352 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- By dragoncorp in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 8Last Post: 10-04-10, 02:07 PM
- By dragoncorp in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 10-04-10, 02:07 PM
- By Snazy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 2Last Post: 06-29-10, 10:53 AM
- By jonnyk110 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 15Last Post: 05-14-09, 12:44 AM
- By dontera in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 11-04-08, 05:24 PM