Did this happen to anyone else?
    10-11-12 08:10 PM
    Yes, mine were erased also.
    10-11-12 09:29 PM
    My daughter's entries too. It is one thing to play with one's PB as I do, but it is another thing
    When an OS upgrade steps on calendar (or contact) data: totally unacceptable, especially
    When a user responds to a PB system tray message to do so in the OTA style, regardless
    Of whether the user has saved their entries or not. These remarks hold only for the RIM/
    House functionalities. Folks who use third party apps need to be careful, but they are other own.
    RIM needs to immediately apologize and stop everything else and fix this weekend.
    Doc Neutron
    nnomad likes this.
    10-12-12 10:27 AM
    I _THINK_ some folks found that if they waited some time, that some of these apps did finally repopulate the data on another sync round. But good luck.
    10-12-12 12:26 PM
    I _THINK_ some folks found that if they waited some time, that some of these apps did finally repopulate the data on another sync round. But good luck.
    This did not happen for those using the local calendar on its own, only for those synching an outlook or web-based calendar with the local calendar. RIM's update was poorly written and tested; it erased contacts and appointments from it's own programs -- the programs it had just added to our Playbooks a few months prior.
    10-12-12 12:35 PM
    It happened to me!!!!! Most of my calendars information on the PlayBook was deleted after 2.1 OS update. I don't see Facebook events and birthdays anymore (I already uninstalled, and reinstalled facebook acccount on the PlayBook), and also my Google Calendar (via Gmail) meetings have been lost. Damn I hope they fix this anytime soon. I really loved to use my PlayBook for business, especially for keeping track of my meetings, and to know when is everybody's birthday with my Facebook calendar integration.
    10-12-12 12:39 PM
    Did this happen to anyone else?
    Yes, mine were erased also.
    I hope you will take a second to add your experience to this poll. It documents how many Crackberry readers lost calendar or contact entries. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lendar-748112/
    10-12-12 12:40 PM
    This did not happen for those using the local calendar on its own, only for those synching an outlook or web-based calendar with the local calendar. RIM's update was poorly written and tested; it erased contacts and appointments from it's own programs -- the programs it had just added to our Playbooks a few months prior.
    Not true for my daughter: only the native/house/local calendar was used. Doc Neutron
    10-12-12 05:54 PM
    Not true for my daughter: only the native/house/local calendar was used. Doc Neutron
    You've misread my post.

I was responding to a post that said the calendar entries had come back in some cases. I pointed out that this was not the case with local calendar entries. That's exactly what you complained happened to your daughter's entries.
    10-13-12 10:18 AM
    Ten-four. TY
    10-13-12 03:11 PM
    My calendar and contacts were erased during the 2.1 update and both were "local". Don't sync either the calendar or the contacts.... Nothing came back after several restarts during a three day period. At that time the data was re-entered. This "erase" did not occur with the any of the other updates for my playbook. Pretty sad that RIM missed this!
    10-13-12 04:10 PM
    I also lost my calendar just days after getting my new playbook when I upgraded to 2.1.0.1032. At the time I wasn't able to sync my device with my laptop because of a driver problem. Now there is a new upgrade and I'm afraid to load it in case I lose the calendar again. Also, when I b-u using BB Desktop, I don't see calendar listed. Is it being backed up or not?
    10-26-12 08:31 PM
    The new update 2.1.0.1088 is supposed to fix the calendar problem.

"The BlackBerry PlayBook has today received an OS update to v2.1.0.1088. While not a huge update from the previous version, this release does provide a hotfix for those who experienced a loss of local contacts and calendars. While the fix won't bring back what was lost, it has been implemented to prevent the same thing from happening in the future."

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1.0.1088 now available for download | CrackBerry.com
    10-26-12 09:23 PM
    Total loss of local calendars during a point update.

Unbelievable.

The Calendar app is my main life organizational tool. Everything I need to accomplish is scattered in front of me in the calendar. Pay parking ticket (Nov 2 16:30).

Perhaps even more important are the dozens of events that happen on a weekly, monthly or yearly schedule in the calendar. Renew cabin insurance (Feb 18). If I lost those I would be well and truly...

Fortunately my PlayBook is a lightly used toy that I got for a bargain price. My Calendar app is safely in another OS. Condolences to those who were trying to �get things done� with the PlayBook Calendar.
    10-26-12 10:04 PM