Alright so I've had my PlayBook for about 3 months now and I had the ZAGG screen protector on it for all that time (which in my opinion sucks). So today I decided to go to my local The Source to get the TruProtection HD Anti-Glare protector (which is the greatest thing ever!), and when I was opening the package I noticed the PlayBook picture. It has Messages, Contacts, and a Calender icon!

I'm not sure when this packaging was made but hopefully it's a sign *crossfingers*

Here are the Pics: (sorry i don't know how to post them on a forum )

http://postimage.org/image/12pu3ch0k/

http://postimage.org/image/12qca9ag4/
    Last edited by CLTrujillo; 09-06-11 at 10:31 PM.
    09-06-11 10:28 PM
    I think that just may be an old picture of the playbook, could be wrong though.
    09-06-11 10:53 PM
    I think that those are old pre-release mockups. If you look at their site, the image for the screen protector in their store shows a Playbook with 'All', 'Internet', 'Games', and 'Utilities' as the tabs. If I remember correctly, those were the tabs in a very early release of the simulator used by developers.

What's interesting about the pic you posted is not only the Contacts icon, but the 'Social' tab and the absense of the 'Blackberry Bridge' tab.

These screen protectors were available prior to the Playbook's launch and these were the pics that RIM probably supplied.
    09-06-11 10:59 PM
    hey, there's universal search!!!!!!
    09-06-11 11:12 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we already have those icons? It's called bridge.
    09-07-11 07:14 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we already have those icons? It's called bridge.
    look closely at the first pic, there is no Bridge panel
    eds817 likes this.
    09-07-11 07:26 AM
    Those images, and especially the ugly green background, are from way back around December last year, and January 2011. Very old, not new.
    09-07-11 09:22 AM
    That's probably a render supplied by RIM. The icons for video and pictures look very different from the actual ones that are being used
    09-07-11 10:04 AM
    Those images, and especially the ugly green background, are from way back around December last year, and January 2011. Very old, not new.
    yup, look at the white battery meter, and the video and pics icons, all pre release. also add the lack of the X to close the minimised app, and no shadow under minimised apps either. kinda shows how far just the graphical elements of the UI have come
    09-07-11 10:11 AM
    That is one picture I've seen before that convinced me to buy the PlayBook... and I hope the OS2 will bring that to reality...
    09-07-11 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD