native email, calendar, bbm will be coming sept 15-21 time.. android player will be coming shortly after.. probably devcon...... thats what one of my rim friends told me. i think 1.0.9 might have the native email system.. either way .. not so far now
    anon(767240) and 4wheel like this.
    08-26-11 06:54 AM
    lets put it this way, these updates ensure that the PB will actually survive and not find the same fate as the touchpad. I would say that is the biggest point for those that have a BB already
    TouchPad had Pim, and Native Email etc and still got killed off.

I'm looking forward to more Apps with the Android Player!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 07:10 AM
    native email, calendar, bbm will be coming sept 15-21 time.. android player will be coming shortly after.. probably devcon...... thats what one of my rim friends told me. i think 1.0.9 might have the native email system.. either way .. not so far now
    THAT makes me happy! Seriously, OS 2.0 is gonna be what this thing should have launched with! What a difference it would have made for RIM, even if they had waited to launch until now!
    08-26-11 07:10 AM
    The time frame I have heard also is mid sept for a major release. I am still trying to get a friend to take my Playbook in and get it loaded. Damn NDAs.

08-26-11 07:26 AM
    If you go to the website posted in the corner of the page and use google to translate the page it appears that this is a person's blog and the lower portion is for you to sign up to be on his log. The top part of the page says this:

Hi I am a berry person registered Sina microblogging Come now! Access to information, records of life are here, do not come to you OUT it!
    Male | Guangdong, Guangzhou | RIM Southern District Sales Manager I nonsense words as representing the Company ah. . .

I know google does not always translate correctly so maybe some member reads Chinese and can offer more information concerning this guy's posting. I am only adding this to provide information that may assist others to draw better conclusions as to these pictures that are posted in this thread.
    08-26-11 07:51 AM
    i can't wait bum native to get to my playbook that way i can get rid of my blackberry torch until the new versions of blackberry get out with QNX since i can't tether because att is trying to get me to downgrade from my UNLIMITED data plan to 2 gb plan **** noooo I'm going iPhone that way i can just jailbreak and tether that way. until those blackberry's release i could just use my playbook pin XD. One question is anyone going to figure a way to freaking jailbreak the playbook so we can all just tether or use the bridge again!
    08-26-11 07:51 AM
    You guys aren't figuring in the garaunteed RIM delays.
    October sure is optimistic but if true I will take it.

Ok take your pessimistic views into another forum! I was waiting for someone like you to **** on the joys..... Just go away!!!
    08-26-11 07:55 AM
    Is this some kind of testing lab? Anybody know?
    Top 5 University in China and amongst the Top 200 Universities around the world.

Many of those who major in Telecommunications and Wireless technology in the university (with researches done in this Lab) went on to work in RIM full time after graduation.

Likely to be legit
    bquinney likes this.
    08-26-11 07:59 AM
    Sun Yat-sen University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - just so some of you can route around some of it's history or whatever. Personally, I couldn't be bothered to read it.
    08-26-11 08:05 AM
    i can't wait bum native to get to my playbook that way i can get rid of my blackberry torch until the new versions of blackberry get out with QNX since i can't tether because att is trying to get me to downgrade from my UNLIMITED data plan to 2 gb plan **** noooo I'm going iPhone that way i can just jailbreak and tether that way. until those blackberry's release i could just use my playbook pin XD. One question is anyone going to figure a way to freaking jailbreak the playbook so we can all just tether or use the bridge again!
    Yes! You go buddy! Good for you.
    08-26-11 08:19 AM
    And here's a human translated copy of the article :P

根据@莓人 的爆料,Playbook的系统在RIM内部的服务器上已经更新到2.0.0.2992,而我们目前手上的 Playbook还停留在1.0时代。虽然这个还暂时只是爆料,还没有真正的推送。但是至少让所有PBer 看到了希望,RIM正在按部就班的做事。Playbook的中文,安卓应用兼容,原生日历、消息、邮件都将 一步步走到我们面前。MAXPDA会一直跟进报道。

从图上我们能看到绿色的安卓机器人,以及图标尚未成型的日历,联系人,消息、等等。非常值得期 待。

简体中文、繁体中文一并出现在了语言列表中,真是非常让人激动。

有人说,今晚“空格”“返回”成了最美丽的两个词。或许这种心情只有PBer能够理解。

编者评论:每每提到Playbook,我就会想起WebOS。如今WebOS风雨飘摇,官方至今没有给出中 文系统,黑莓因为逐步重视在中国的市场,BBer和PBer还是比较幸运的。目前我们可以肯定Playbo ok中文即将到来。我们看到了RIM的生命力,RIM的坚韧;RIM只要重视开发中文这块市场,我们有理由 相信RIM打出漂亮的翻身仗不是不可能。RIM没有乔布斯,但是苹果同样遇到过困难时期。任何一个企业都有 属于自己的辉煌和黯淡。我们默默关注,默默支持!

According to <blackberrymen>'s rumor, PlayBook's system in RIM's internal development devices have hit 2.0.0.2992, and what we have on our PlayBook currently is still stuck at the era of 1.0. Although at the moment, this is still a rumor and it's authenticity is not verified, at least these will give all PlayBook owners some hope, that RIM is at least working on something. PlayBook's Chinese IME, Calendar, News, Email is slowly but surely approaching our PlayBooks. MAXPDA will keep everyone updated.

From the images, we can see the green Android Droid, as well as the much needed Calendar, Contacts, Email, etc. Definitely worth waiting for.

Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese IME's appearances in the languages selection button, truly makes one excited.

According to someone, the "Space" (in chinese) and "Back" (in chinese) is the 2 most beautiful words on the IME, and only PlayBook owners can understand this.

The Editor says - Every time the PlayBook is mentioned, I will think of WebOS. Now that WebOS is discontinued, and without Chinese IME support, RIM will definitely achieve a greater footstep in the China market, BlackBerry and PlayBook users are luckier (than WebOS) after all. At the moment, we can confirm that PlayBook's Chinese IME will come, we can see hope in RIM, RIM's determination. As long as RIM can focus on getting PlayBook to be Chinese-ready, we have the reasons to believe it's not impossible for RIM to turn the tables around. RIM has no (Steve) Jobs, but Apple has similarly been through a tough period like RIM, any enterprise will have it's ups and downs, so let us focus and support RIM silently.

<end>

Sorry if my translation sucks :P
    08-26-11 08:19 AM
    Between this and the 9900 on AT&T, my patience is REALLY being tried...
    08-26-11 08:29 AM
    The poster is RIM sales manager of south china, and someone says it will release at end of fall
    08-26-11 08:50 AM
    I really do hope we can see this hitting customers around DevCon. If it's just available for developers around DevCon, that will be disappointing.
    08-26-11 09:29 AM
    Hey guys,i am a chines.In fact this is the true original source witch leaked the PC OS 2.0:

http://weibo.com/profile.php?uid=196...1&filter_ori=1

this site is almost like twitter,actually it is the twitt in china

He/she is the salesmanager of the south region in China(RIM of course),and he declared that what he said on that site does not stand for RIM

(sorry for my poor english,hope u can understand that
    Last edited by TotemG; 08-26-11 at 09:34 AM. Reason: wrong typing
    08-26-11 09:33 AM
    Hey guys,i am a chines.In fact this is the true original source witch leaked the PC OS 2.0:

现在加入新浪微博,随时随地一起分� �新鲜事!

this site is almost like twitter,actually it is the twitt in china

He/she is the salesmanager of the south region in China(RIM of course),and he declared that what he said on that site does not stand for RIM

(sorry for my poor english,hope u can understand that
    A friend of mine who livesi in China told me about that site when I asked him about Chinese authorities and web freedom. He told me that the authorities constantly police the net but that site has stuff popping up on it so fast that they can't keep up. However, stuff will be deleted as they get to it. My friend said that it is the only way to get timely news about the real world that isn't completely controlled by the authorities.
    08-26-11 09:39 AM
    A friend of mine who livesi in China told me about that site when I asked him about Chinese authorities and web freedom. He told me that the authorities constantly police the net but that site has stuff popping up on it so fast that they can't keep up. However, stuff will be deleted as they get to it. My friend said that it is the only way to get timely news about the real world that isn't completely controlled by the authorities.
    That's true.Chines government uses a huge firewall that called “The Great Fire Wall of China” to cut out the news which is not good for their appearance on the internet. So twitter is down,youtube is down,google.com is down(for sometimes).It really sucks
    Last edited by TotemG; 08-26-11 at 09:48 AM. Reason: wrong typing
    08-26-11 09:47 AM
    So a RIM sales manager is posting information? And he's not fired yet? Sounds a little fishy, but okay.

If this update really happens soon, then I will get a PB. I've been holding off since I no longer like being a first adopter, but things are looking better and better. I was thinking of ditching my Torch once my contract is over since it appeared that the PB was going nowhere, but an update like this would definitely make me want to stay on board.
    08-26-11 09:57 AM
    All I can say is if this is really true, if all as shown becomes our new OS......ladies and gentelmen hold your hats because it may be the first sign of the "Second Coming"!!! Just saying....
    08-26-11 10:22 AM
    Wooteh wooteh, it'll be here in no time.

08-26-11 10:23 AM
    This is loosly what was said...

Editor's comment: Whenever we say Playbook, I think of WebOS. WebOS is now precarious, has not given official Chinese system, the BlackBerry because attention in the Chinese market gradually, BBer and PBer quite lucky. We can be sure Playbook Chinese coming. We see the vitality of RIM, RIM's tenacity; RIM as long as the Chinese emphasis on the development of this market, we have reason to believe that RIM shot comeback is not impossible. RIM is no Steve Jobs, but Apple also encountered difficult times. Any business has its own glory and bleak. We are quietly concerned about the tacit support!

Looks like China could be falling in love with the playbook....SALES!!
    eduardo53 likes this.
    08-26-11 10:25 AM
    Again, translated from site:

According to @ BlackBerry people claimed, Playbook on the RIM inside the server system has been updated to 2., Playbook and we currently hand still at 1 time. Although this is claimed for the time being, there is no real push. All PBer saw hope at least, RIM is for progressive work. Playbook Chinese, Android application compatibility, primary calendar, messages, messages will be a step by step go before us. MAXPDA has been following up reports.
    08-26-11 10:27 AM
    Again, translated from site:

According to @ BlackBerry people claimed, Playbook on the RIM inside the server system has been updated to 2., Playbook and we currently hand still at 1 time. Although this is claimed for the time being, there is no real push. All PBer saw hope at least, RIM is for progressive work. Playbook Chinese, Android application compatibility, primary calendar, messages, messages will be a step by step go before us. MAXPDA has been following up reports.
    No push email etc I assume? I'm really hoping RIM can get all of this figured out soon. I'm very glad they decided to scrap the Java player idea though (so it seems)... that was absolutely silly.

What I'm confused about is that some people are saying native email etc are coming in September as a 1.09 update, whereas there will be a 2.0 update coming some time in October. What will the 2.0 update have to warrant 2.0 status that the 1.09 update doesn't have? The icon layout and everything looks the exact same in the screenshots which goes against what has previously been said.
    08-26-11 10:36 AM
    it has activesync, it will have push. Or at least is should
    08-26-11 10:48 AM
    i think it meant the updates are not being pushed to the public.
    08-26-11 10:58 AM
153 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD