Unlocked Playbook 4g LTE Work on Verizon?
Is it possible to use an unlocked Blackberry Playbook 4G LTE on the Verizon LTE network? I am a Verizon customer and don't really want to have to switch to AT&T. Please advise.
- 02-08-13, 09:45 PM #3
No it will not work on verizon as verizon is a CDMA network, you will need to use a GSM network like [email protected]
This is of course your looking to use a shared data plan or just have separate mobile data plan, depends on what you decide for a plan.
Now if your not wanting to get a data plan for it, but want to tether the playbook with your Blackberry Phone then it will tether whether its on Verizon or not, just remember it will use the data plan from the phones plan that you have when you tether so do monitior it so you don't go overboard.
Now if you don't need to tether or want to do so and don't need or want a data plan for it, then by all means just use wifi only.
- Dragon Slayer
08-23-13, 06:27 PM #4
- 10,874 Posts
According to the specs I've seen, the 4G Playbook SHOULD work on Verizon's network, because it supports 700Mhz LTE, and Verizon is the only major carrier in the world that uses FD-LTE on that frequency.
CDMA has nothing to do with it because LTE is a separate network from the CDMA network. Verizon runs both of them side-by-side. That's why you can do simultaneous data and voice on a Z10, Q10, Q5 etc - when CDMA doesn't support that - because the data is running over the LTE radio while the CDMA radio handles the voice/text part.
- By luqman24 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 15Last Post: 08-09-12, 01:37 AM
- By Sibir_Lupus in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 08-03-12, 05:01 AM
- By simplytuff in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 07-10-12, 07:10 PM
- By boldkeyboardholic in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 3Last Post: 12-29-11, 11:28 PM
- By kingbernie06511 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 3Last Post: 10-25-11, 09:08 PM