Unlocked Playbook 4g LTE Work on Verizon?
Is it possible to use an unlocked Blackberry Playbook 4G LTE on the Verizon LTE network? I am a Verizon customer and don't really want to have to switch to AT&T. Please advise.
- CrackBerry Genius
02-08-2013, 09:45 PM #3
- 2,493 Posts
No it will not work on verizon as verizon is a CDMA network, you will need to use a GSM network like AT@T.
This is of course your looking to use a shared data plan or just have separate mobile data plan, depends on what you decide for a plan.
Now if your not wanting to get a data plan for it, but want to tether the playbook with your Blackberry Phone then it will tether whether its on Verizon or not, just remember it will use the data plan from the phones plan that you have when you tether so do monitior it so you don't go overboard.
Now if you don't need to tether or want to do so and don't need or want a data plan for it, then by all means just use wifi only.New Phone: Blackberry Z10, Old Phones: Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4, Iphone 3gs, Unlocked Bold 9000.
New LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1088. Mobile Network is Rogers
"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
- By luqman24 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 15Last Post: 08-09-2012, 01:37 AM
- By Sibir_Lupus in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 08-03-2012, 05:01 AM
- By simplytuff in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 07-10-2012, 07:10 PM
- By boldkeyboardholic in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 3Last Post: 12-29-2011, 11:28 PM
- By kingbernie06511 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 3Last Post: 10-25-2011, 09:08 PM