I've been trying to resolve this for a while, it has rendered my playbook almost unusable, it loses information when the connections drops and it's at the point where it happens too frequently for me to send an email using my work account. I sent Blackberry detailed logs and a description of the problem and all they did was create a knowledge base article acknowledging the problem. I've given up on the stock browser mostly, Dolphin HD seems to work better but lacks some functionality and it is slower.
BB said they would resolve it with the next update which has come and gone with no fix. I've narrowed it down to the browser based on these symptoms;
- any third party browser works during the apparent disconnection (although sometimes appworld disconnects)
- I've side loaded the AIRBrowser which is essentially the stock browser but loads as a different instance, it also experiences the problems but not at the same time.
- the router logs and PB logs do not seem to show any problems (although I'm not entirely sure what to look for)
I even purchased a new router and changed many of the settings according to fixes other people have used, no luck. I've tried different DNS servers and disabling the NAT upnp on the router, no luck.
The strange thing is that it works fine on some networks (not all) and when it works, it works good. Unfortunately this problem isn't affecting everyone so those that are affected are only left with the options of third party browsers or returning the defective tablet. At this point, I'm leaning towards chasing a refund since I mostly purchased it to browse the web. I've called support several times, the last time they hung up when I told them I would return the unit, I couldn't believe it.