help please ..

when I start up my playbook it boots up as far as the password and appears to freeze, the keyboard does not react but the volume
    buttons appear to work and it re-boots but still keeps coming back with the same problem? its driving me mad, any help would be
    very much appreciated
    08-07-13 10:50 AM
    I've had this issue a few times. Generally if you wait for a few minutes the keyboard becomes responsive again. I've mainly found this to be an issue related to sideloaded apps, but that may not be the case.
    08-07-13 10:55 AM
    thanks for your reply, been waiting for a week now on & off... this is starting to sound a little more serious
    08-07-13 11:25 AM
    Did this suddenly start happening? Did you install any new apps recently?

Can you swipe or close the keyboard? Can you connect to your computer either with just wifi sharing or usb cable?

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    08-07-13 11:45 AM
    thanks for your advice. No new apps installed, it happened once or twice before but a simple reboot as you recommended in your last paragraph did the trick.

This time I can't get the key board to engage or get the restart touch screen buttons to work. The only response I get is from the physical volume buttons and on/off buttons. when I reboot as suggested I simply still don't get a response???
    08-07-13 02:31 PM
    Did you try EACH of those Restart methods?

Pressing Enter does not work? You don't get an invalid Password warning? So TOUCH does not create any reaction? So you have a bbphone or bluetooth keyboard or can you find one and try that?

Can you get to the pb if you attach to computer?

How old? Warranty?
    08-07-13 03:02 PM