this has been the most frustrating experience since i upgraded my blackberry playbook to OS version 2.0

while the look and feels seems a lot better the since most important reason for purchasing the playbook was to be able to refer to trainsignal and other IT training videos which are .wmv files. These used to work a treat prior to the upgrade to 2.0.

However after the upgrade it just says " Media Error - An error has occurred. Please try again"

Can someone please tell me how to rectify this problem

thanks in advance
    04-18-12 05:59 PM
    I don't really have any suggestions other than possibly deleting them and copying that back to the pb and see if that works. They do still have a file EXTENSION? Convert to another format if possible.
    itsted likes this.
    04-18-12 10:00 PM
    I don't have any problems playing .wmv files. I did have a problem moving a .wmv file to the videos folder right after upgrading to OS 2.0.1. The folder had 5 mp4/m4v files and 2 wmv files. For a few seconds after the file move everything was fine, but then the 2 previous wmv files disappeared.
    itsted likes this.
    04-18-12 10:17 PM
    Same here. Ive not been able to view any .wmv either since 2.0 which is really sad. I cant be solely mp4, its killing me. Funny enough tho, 6/10 of the avi files i loaded works... I dont really understand why some work and others dont. I suppose all avi arent the same and some probably need a different codec which the pb doesnt have.
    04-19-12 01:29 AM
    Wmv files don't work for me either
    04-19-12 04:02 AM
    I'm in the middle. Some work, some don't. But I don't really think that the new update has changed anything.
    04-19-12 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD