why is my email saying unable to authenticate on my playbook? when i open my email it asks for my password and after putting it in 3 times it comes back with "unable to authenticate" I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
    10-19-12 07:43 AM
    I fear this behavior, that I see daily, is just the fallback strategy from the Mail app when "things go wrong".
    For instance in my case, as the Mail app is blatantly unable to handle 1000 mails through a POP server, it connects, then fails, then proceeds exactly the way you describe.
    The only way I found to react consists in waiting until the POP server calms itself (often "locked by another mailer" because presumably the PB didn't even close the connection correctly), then opening the PB related account, performing a false edition, like adding a blank after the account name, and saving it, which generate a new verification test from the PB.
    If you don't wait, everything fails forever because the POP server considers it's still linked to... your previous session.
    ozzie3 likes this.
    10-19-12 12:00 PM
    What type of account from where?
    ozzie3 likes this.
    10-19-12 12:55 PM
    Rogers email.
    10-19-12 04:47 PM
    Here is something from the bottom of the page.

Please note, when you are setting up a [email protected] account (3rd Party email) in Outlook using Rogers' outgoing smtp.broadband.rogers.com - you will have to register that [email protected] with Rogers. Otherwise, you may see a "553 Error Message" when you attempt to send e-mail.
    How do I set up Outlook to get my Rogers emails? (POP3 or SMTP)
    10-19-12 06:29 PM
    I forgot to mention that it has been working good for the last three months, this just started to do this four days ago.
    10-19-12 07:03 PM