My Playbook is arriving any day now. I've been looking at cases, screen protectors, etc. and other accessories. Then I saw the video Kevin did running his Playbook on his TV with his bluetooth keyboard/mouse which made me seriously rethink my logic.

I'm looking for a case that provides the best protection, but doesn't have to be dismantled to hook it up to power/usb/hdmi.

I bought a Zagg invisible shield, but am rethinking it after reading other people's reviews talking about 'orange' tint and a 'sticky' feel (aside from the fact that I always end up with a bubble or two).

Otterbox defender looks protective but bulky. But it has a built in 'membrane', a stand, and full accessibility to ports, buttons, and speakers.

The next snag is that I wanted the rapid charge cradle and this would make the Otterbox impossible on a daily basis. But I just saw a rapid charge cable that attaches to the magnetic port (instead of micro-usb). In the picture, it shows a power cord connected to a brick power supply which connects to a 3 foot cable with the mag connector on the end.

I'm a little put off about a 'portable' charger with a power brick in the middle. But since it probably won't roam with me, I'd only be concerned if it remains hot.

So...

If I get an Otterbox case, I'll have protection including the screen and a stand which can be kept near my tv. While on the stand, I can plug the HDMI and charger so I can see it on my TV.

The final piece would be a bluetooth keyboard. I'm not looking for an ultra-portable because I won't be taking it out as much as using it from across the room. Ideally, I'm looking for a keyboard/touchpad combination (mouse pads don't work well on a couch).

So my questions are:

1. Is the Otterbox as 'accessible' while being used as a stand (charging/HDMI)?
    2. Is there another case that would be better that can be used with the charging cradle?
    3. Does the cradle also include a power supply 'brick' like the portable rapid charger?
    4. Can anyone recommend a good (and reasonably priced) keyboard with touchpad that can be typed on comfortably?
    5. After all of this, is my Playbook going to go into standby mode making me get off the couch because my bluetooth won't wake it up? :P

I'd love to hear people's answers to this as well as their setups (as opposed to reviews of individual accessories).
    05-04-11 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD