Was just talking my m8s across the pond and we got talking about Plabooks, it seems as if salespersons in the UK are far more clued up on the aforementioned device than our friends in the USA.
    When I was on Oxford St the other week (Carphone Warehouse) they guys and girls who I dealt with within their store couldn't praise the device highly enough and went out there way to demonstrate it to me. After reading posts in forums I'm being to believe that certain stores (In the USA) don't want to or have not interest in selling this fantastic product.
    I would be interested to find out from anyone either in the UK or USA how there experience was on purchasing from instore went... Mine was amazing!!!!
    03-13-12 05:11 AM
    on my second playbook buy for my mother, the sales person at carphone warehouse was a great young guy, think he was like 17 just a new start but he told me all i needed to know to buy it even though i had a playbook bought only weeks before, he went into a great demo showing it all.
    The great thing he said your gettting this at �200 now if you go for the �400+ range it will be the same plus you can treat your mother to a nice dinner when you give her the playbook.
    haveusean likes this.
    03-13-12 05:37 AM
    I bought mine online in the UK - price sold it, to be honest, but I had a quick play on a demo model.
    03-13-12 05:44 AM
    Bought a 2nd one at PC world when on sales, the sales person don't know much about the playbook, but he can see it's a fantastic deal and it can't go wrong at �169 compare to other �350 plus tablets. They were out of stock and he look up his system and find the nearest stocks without hesitate or try to sell me another tablets, so can't complaint.
    haveusean likes this.
    03-13-12 05:53 AM
    I'm of the impression that this "knowledge deficit", or "negative bias", or "preference for everything and anything", as long as it's not a PlayBook is a phenomena unique to the US only. Family members overseas, in Europe and in South America, report that the PlayBook, and all BlackBerry products are the preferred devices for portable computing and communication needs. While it is true there is an appreciation for other brands, it is BlackBerry that most find meets their needs. RIM has a solid hisory and reputataion of offering highly secure and uber reliable portable communication and computing tools, and does this by offering a variety of models to suit most budgets.

Apple may have an app for that, but RIM has a phone or a tablet pc priced to fit your budgets, and all offering the same level of security and utility.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 03-13-12 at 06:04 AM.
    haveusean likes this.
    03-13-12 05:57 AM
    My m8s in the US have been having nothing but trouble with over zealous iPad selling sales staff - even trying to talk them out of buying it (if you can believe that)
    03-13-12 06:00 AM
    must be just the uk we dont follow the crowd we are the crowd or we get big jeremy kyle on the case haveusean
    03-13-12 06:13 AM
    Maybe we in UK hold a warmer view of Canada than some folk in US? Commonwealth and all that.
    Bisboxer and haveusean like this.
    03-13-12 06:16 AM
    Best Buy
    Me - can you get this working I'd like to try it.
    Sales - ah it doesn't work.
    Me - why not. Looks like you just have to connected to your wifi and set it up.
    Sales - it won't connect.
    Me - odd, don't you know the key.
    Sales - oh its junk, it just won't connect. Have you looked at the iPad and androids? They are much better anyway.
    Me - leave store and go to office max.

At least at office max they connected to a mifi or something and got it setup.

None of them even had a clue about it. If hadn't known what I did I probably would have ended up with something else.
    03-13-12 06:28 AM
    must be just the uk we dont follow the crowd we are the crowd or we get big jeremy kyle on the case haveusean
    don't laugh but we look after some of his guests before production! Terrible lot (and you wouldn't wanna leave yer pb around as it'd gone and end up at cash converters!!!!)
    Barljo and drum like this.
    03-13-12 06:37 AM
    Maybe we in UK hold a warmer view of Canada than some folk in US? Commonwealth and all that.
    Most people around here don't even know what Commonwealth is. They only know how to hold a gun or an iPad.
    03-13-12 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD