Hey UK crowd: US spec PB - is it worth the risk? OR should I buy a UK spec one?

Thanks for any responses.
    07-26-11 05:58 PM
    only difference is the plug in the box, the tablet itself is no different, any software based differences are set when the pb is activated

personally i waited and got a uk spec, a 12 month retailer warranty with a local store is always a big plus, its a well built device dont get me wrong, but better safe than 500 quid worse off in my eyes

hope that helps
    07-26-11 06:02 PM
    hey there, as Donnee says, the only difference is the plug in the box... the annoying part there are little things that tell you RIM havent regionalized the software

for example, searching for something in the address bar will use Google.com rather than Google.co.uk

and the keyboard is, by default, set to US English (however as far as my **** poor eyes can tell, changing the language setting to UK English hasnt altered the layout of the keyboard)
    07-26-11 06:29 PM
    Hey UK crowd: US spec PB - is it worth the risk? OR should I buy a UK spec one?

Thanks for any responses.
    I would personally only buy UK spec for the warranty alone.
    07-26-11 06:29 PM
    I thought they are all the same, however on setup mine asked for English or "UK English"

Mine was supplied by UK company but it had a US adaptor in the box, so they supplied a free UK adaptor with it.
    07-27-11 03:08 AM
    mine came with an after market US convertor also. but unsure if it was from a mass importer on ebay uk
    07-27-11 03:39 AM
    us is fine no problems here
    07-27-11 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD