Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shootsscores
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default ugh ... why is my playbook browser so slow?

Pages seem to load but only about halfway. The progress bar never really completes and pages load very slowly with buttons unable to be pressed. This seems to have just stared recently. How can i fix this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

is it possible its somehow going over bridge instead of wifi for some reason?

CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by kmcobra64 View Post
    Pages seem to load but only about halfway. The progress bar never really completes and pages load very slowly with buttons unable to be pressed. This seems to have just stared recently. How can i fix this?

How long have you been using your PB? Has it always been slow or just out of the blue?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

been using it for about a week now and its been pretty snappy till about a day ago. I just tried logging on to two different bank sites I use (non mobile versions) and neither one loaded and one wouldnt even allow me to press the "login" button. I kept tapping it and nothing happened.

CrackBerry Abuser

been using it for about a week now and its been pretty snappy till about a day ago. I just tried logging on to two different bank sites I use (non mobile versions) and neither one loaded and one wouldnt even allow me to press the "login" button. I kept tapping it and nothing happened.

that seems strange. Turn off bluetooth and try. If that does not work, try going into options then privacy and security, scroll down and clear all.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

wow. I did both of those suggestions and tried again. Right back to being snappy again! Then i turned bluetooth back on and its still working just fine.Thanks for the suggestions!

CrackBerry Abuser

wow. I did both of those suggestions and tried again. Right back to being snappy again! Then i turned bluetooth back on and its still working just fine.Thanks for the suggestions!

Great glad it worked for you.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,635 Global Posts

Speed depends on mobile coverage and phone if on bridge. If on wifi depends on if your router is spitting out wireless N or someless less, and the signal strength of that...

Next time, just ask how to speed up your browser instead of a title that will attract trolls like moths to a flame.
    OniBerry likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    818 Global Posts

Default no privacy option

Quote Originally Posted by jdgarrido View Post
    that seems strange. Turn off bluetooth and try. If that does not work, try going into options then privacy and security, scroll down and clear all.
    i see security only. no privacy option to choose but my playbook is slow as christmas. any ideas
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had the same issue. All I did was turn off WIFI, Bluetooth, Cleared Cache by clearing all from the privacy and security menu then reset it. In fact the only site that I had trouble loading was mainly CB so I assume that there may have been some maintenance taking place.

Anyhow, all back to normal now and lightening fast again. Thanks Data God !

Quote Originally Posted by dfb8085 View Post
    i see security only. no privacy option to choose but my playbook is slow as christmas. any ideas
    It is a BROWSER option. With the Browser open, swipe down and press the Gear. Then Privacy/Security.
    Banned

PIN
    Wooden shoe like to know

Quote Originally Posted by shootsscores View Post
    Next time, just ask how to speed up your browser instead of a title that will attract trolls like moths to a flame.
    Not too late to edit the title. I too am annoyed by negative slant titles that end up being a solvable problem. Just as easy and more constructive to say "Does anyone know how to speed up my browser?"

Potential purchasers make judgements on user satisfaction based on these titles, what you post counts.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-05-2011 at 12:32 AM.