Agreed. Just waiting to get home so I can call.

I just thought I'd post here to see if there was any definitive set of answers/solutions.

Changed the title so it's less inflammatory, apologies if it came across as RIM-bashing (For the record, I love BB - probably my favorite brand).

Might buy the ZAG case, but looks like it doesn't seal the sides. Anything else out there that almost completely encloses the device?
    I apologize to you, as well. I often come off as too much of a wise acre. Hope you get a definitive answer.
    12-12-11 01:39 PM
    How long have you had it? I remember that smell for the first few days. My new playbook smell is long gone. It spends very little time in a case.
    12-12-11 02:18 PM
    Why such a thread title? Why?
    12-12-11 02:28 PM
    How long have you had it? I remember that smell for the first few days. My new playbook smell is long gone. It spends very little time in a case.
    Just a couple of days (mostly at work).

I'll updated you guys once (if) I get a clear response from RIM.

Cheers
    12-12-11 02:31 PM
    Can't see any cover that encloses the sides - else how are you going to use the buttons on top or access the ports on the bottom?
    12-12-11 02:34 PM
    Why such an inflammatory thread title?
    Why such a thread title? Why?
    You two are entirely too sensitive, and there is something very strange about how you two (used to be you three) get your hackles raised so frequently with regards to the PlayBook. Unreal.
    FF22 and jtfolden like this.
    12-12-11 02:39 PM
    You two are entirely too sensitive, and there is something very strange about how you two (used to be you three) get your hackles raised so frequently with regards to the PlayBook. Unreal.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-12-11 02:47 PM
    What is your wife's sensitivity level. My son also has a severe reaction to latex, especially through a cut or orally. He purchased a Playbook in September and has had no adverse reaction since then. To protect himself from touching the rubbery back he uses the RIM convertible case.
    12-12-11 03:02 PM
    . . . Anything else out there that almost completely encloses the device?
    . . . My son also has a severe reaction to latex, especially through a cut or orally. He purchased a Playbook in September and has had no adverse reaction since then. To protect himself from touching the rubbery back he uses the RIM convertible case.
    I too have the Blackberry Leather Convertible case. It does wrap the back and all 4 sides (and just a touch onto the front edge around the bezel). I would suggest a closer look at maybe using it to solve your problem.
    http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-convertible-case/4A22A8614.htm
    FWIW, I still don't think it's a "latex" coating, but confirmation would be nice none the less. I think latex items are required to carry a warning, are they not?
    12-12-11 03:28 PM
    +1 on the Leather Convertible Case. Pretty much covers everything but the screen. I love mine.
    12-12-11 06:20 PM
    Thanks everyone for your replies. RIM told me in an email that it's definitely latex free. If any issues arise will let you know.

I don't think the latex warning having to be labelled is true, as many products don't come with such a warning and definitely have latex in them (band-aids, shoes, socks, tons of auto products, etc).
    12-14-11 02:03 PM
    Thanks everyone for your replies. RIM told me in an email that it's definitely latex free. If any issues arise will let you know.

I don't think the latex warning having to be labelled is true, as many products don't come with such a warning and definitely have latex in them (band-aids, shoes, socks, tons of auto products, etc).
    Thanks for the update, I hate to be the first to say it but, I TOLD YOU SO
    12-14-11 02:10 PM
    Thank you for updating. Good luck getting the PB away from your wife. I gave up and bought a second.
    12-14-11 02:10 PM
    Thank you for updating. Good luck getting the PB away from your wife. I gave up and bought a second.
    LOL yeah. She bought the purple leather envelope cover already (matches her purse ridiculously down to the exact shade of leather).

I think I'm gonna have to wait for my free one from RIM for upgrading to 5.0
    12-14-11 02:19 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD