Right, so my 7 year old has a blackberry playbook for games and to watch videos when shes been good
    before there was no problems and it was charging fine, its only yesterday its stopped working
    ive tried everything
    when i plug it into the laptop it detects the playbook but it wont do anything cos the battery is completely flat, it jus tells me to charge my playbook first, so i know the bit where it charges actually works
    when i DO charge it and connect it, turn it on etc. it flashes the red light and then flashes green light 5 times
    I have been charging it since yesterday dinner time, so over 12 hours and nothing... its not under warrenty or anything, i bought it 2nd hand, so cant exactly send it back... everyone is telling me to get the BLACKBERRY PlayBook Rapid USB Charger, but i am not sure if its worth the money. any suggestions as its school holidays, weather isnt brilliant and i have a very bored 7 year old.
    Also i know that the chargers work cos there is another blackberry playbook in the house and it charges that one fine, infact i have 3 chargers and they all work fine with the other pb. please someone suggest something and fast as i have a very bored 7 year old. and we are going away next week so she will need something for the travel
    thanks in advance
    07-25-13 03:36 AM
    Right, so my 7 year old has a blackberry playbook for games and to watch videos when shes been good
    before there was no problems and it was charging fine, its only yesterday its stopped working
    ive tried everything
    when i plug it into the laptop it detects the playbook but it wont do anything cos the battery is completely flat, it jus tells me to charge my playbook first, so i know the bit where it charges actually works
    when i DO charge it and connect it, turn it on etc. it flashes the red light and then flashes green light 5 times
    I have been charging it since yesterday dinner time, so over 12 hours and nothing... its not under warrenty or anything, i bought it 2nd hand, so cant exactly send it back... everyone is telling me to get the BLACKBERRY PlayBook Rapid USB Charger, but i am not sure if its worth the money. any suggestions as its school holidays, weather isnt brilliant and i have a very bored 7 year old.
    Also i know that the chargers work cos there is another blackberry playbook in the house and it charges that one fine, infact i have 3 chargers and they all work fine with the other pb. please someone suggest something and fast as i have a very bored 7 year old. and we are going away next week so she will need something for the travel
    thanks in advance
    Look in the forums for how to "stack charge" to fix the problem you are having with your PlayBook.
    07-25-13 05:25 AM
    You can find the instructions here. To save your port when doing the stack charge, I strongly suggest you use a power strip where you can flip the switch on and off rather than putting the micro usb plug in and unplugging it thus reducing the chance of prematurely damaging the micro usb port.
    07-25-13 05:36 AM
    The problem with the charging usually occurs when you completely deplete the battery. It's known that modern day batteries don't like that at all.

So as mentioned before stack charging is the solution.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 05:51 AM
    My wife left her's without charging it for over 2 months and it refused to charge or turn on. I tried stack charging as others suggested but it never worked. Someone said use the rapid charger, I had forgot we had one until someone mentioned it in another thread. Pulled it out of the back of a drawer and sure enough charged it up to usable in about 30-45 minutes and still going strong. If you don't have one I would pick one up.
    07-25-13 07:19 AM
    My wife left her's without charging it for over 2 months and it refused to charge or turn on. I tried stack charging as others suggested but it never worked. Someone said use the rapid charger, I had forgot we had one until someone mentioned it in another thread. Pulled it out of the back of a drawer and sure enough charged it up to usable in about 30-45 minutes and still going strong. If you don't have one I would pick one up.
    Yeah, although it lists for $70, you can get it for <$20 on line. You probably won't find it in retail stores, though.
    07-25-13 07:52 AM
    Yep rapid charger. I rarely ever use the usb port because it's just too fragile and poor design.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-25-13 08:09 AM
    If the computer can see it and it's telling you to charge it, you might want to go through the debrick process and then charge it. I had to do that to a couple of devices when I left the unplugged over the summer... the stack charging process just didn't work for those units.
    07-25-13 09:48 PM
    With the rapid charger, make sure the PlayBook registers it and says it is charging. I've had situations where I've plugged it in and the PlayBook never charged. I've actually had better success with the included charger and waiting overnight.
    07-25-13 10:50 PM
    Put the playbook in developer mode and charge it overnight. No need to stack charge it.
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-13-13 12:36 PM
    Put the playbook in developer mode and charge it overnight. No need to stack charge it.
    I hadn't run across that method before, something to put in the memory bank for a just in case down the road
    08-13-13 12:48 PM
    Check the charging pins. It could be bend or dusty that need some cleaning and adjusting.
    08-13-13 12:59 PM
    Uh.....how does he put his PB in developer mode if he can't power up his PB? As an aside, don't you just love it when some newbie comes on here to ask for advice, then gets some advice, but never reports back as to whether his problem has been solved? This thread is three weeks old.
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-13-13 02:59 PM
    Uh.....how does he put his PB in developer mode if he can't power up his PB? As an aside, don't you just love it when some newbie comes on here to ask for advice, then gets some advice, but never reports back as to whether his problem has been solved? This thread is three weeks old.
    I'm more than 3,000 weeks old and I still report back!
    08-13-13 03:55 PM
    Good point. My playbooks are never turned off, save to hard reset so it never occurred to me.

I would also be interested in knowing how many have been sucessful in bring their dead PB back to life.
    08-13-13 04:00 PM
    Good point. My playbooks are never turned off, save to hard reset so it never occurred to me.

I would also be interested in knowing how many have been sucessful in bring their dead PB back to life.
    Go for it - create a poll with the question something like:

Maybe questionSSSS:

How many have brought back a pb using stack charging (with subquestion - explain your answer, 5 charges, 10, 15, and hour's worth, more)

Now many after just leaving it on the charger for a day or more?

How many after directly charging at the battery after opening it up?

Are there more scenarios???
    08-13-13 07:20 PM