Mainly in the browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook for the past few updates I have had a lot of typing problems. I would go to type and nothing would show up unless I would either swipe up from the bottom and then going back into the app, or unselecting the text box and reselecting it making sure the keyboard wasn't on the screen. Usually I would have to do the first. It has gotten to the point where the PlayBook is no longer convenient to use. Does anyone else have this problem with typing, and does anyone have a fix?
    12-05-12 03:06 PM
    I believe that when you start typing in the address bar, every keystroke triggers a search in both the browser's history and the search engine, in order to give you suggestions as you type. Not a bad idea in itself, but obviously not implemented in an optimal fashion (I suspect the current version of the web browser is built with AIR, and hope BB10 will bring core apps that are really native).

I couldn't resolve myself to disable JavaScript altogether but reducing the history retention period and changing the default search engine from Google to Bing seem to have made using the web browser much more tolerable.
    12-05-12 03:29 PM
    I have also had a fair amount of typing problems in the browser, both before and after the latest OS update. I use the Flightaware website a lot and almost every time i try to enter an airline code, flight number or airport code, it either doesn't type anything at all or just the first character.

Also, since the last OS update, the browser seems to be extremely slow and, in the email app, when I try to delete a bunch of emails at once, the app will force close and show an error code 3000 pop-up. Is anyone else out there seeing this?
    12-05-12 03:45 PM
    I have also had a fair amount of typing problems in the browser, both before and after the latest OS update. I use the Flightaware website a lot and almost every time i try to enter an airline code, flight number or airport code, it either doesn't type anything at all or just the first character.

Also, since the last OS update, the browser seems to be extremely slow and, in the email app, when I try to delete a bunch of emails at once, the app will force close and show an error code 3000 pop-up. Is anyone else out there seeing this?
    It isn't just the latest, but probably the last 3 updates it has been acting up
    TrickyT likes this.
    12-05-12 05:42 PM
    Mine is streaky with it.
    12-05-12 05:55 PM
    I had the same problem did a wipe (painful) and that fixed it.
    12-06-12 02:24 AM
    I have noticed that since last update when I type in a word and I use the word suggest that it defaults now whith a period. Makes me back space to get rid of it.
    12-06-12 08:10 AM