Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dwosch
  1. dwosch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Two 'small' problems (Display, BB Message application)

    Hi there,
    i am really happy with my new Blackberry Playbook so fa - but i already stated that enough in other threads

    So far i am currently facing two *problems* (don't know if i really should call them problems)

    1. 'Problem'
    The native messenger app (where you can read your emails and so on) does not automatically refreshes / gets new messages from facebook. I always have to refresh the inbox manually to see new messages. When i am sending an facebook message using the messenger app i also have to refresh the inbox to see my message which i have send to an friend (that's really really strange) - is there maybe a 'fix' or workaround available for that?

    2. 'Problem'
    When the screen of the playbook is whole black (for example a black image) i can see a 'light cone' in the lower right corner. Is this normal / okay / often or do i have to exchange my playbook? As said only visible when screen is whole black (not visible for example when screen is full green/red/blue). I will post a picture of it when i am back home.
  2. karloptimux's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    75 Posts
    #2  

    Default Re: Two 'small' problems (Display, BB Message application)

    I can answer number two. What you see is called "bleeding". It is caused by the placement of the backlights behind the screen. Most lcds will suffer bleeding, and its a normal behaviour. If you turn the brightness to a minimum you will notice the bleeding reduction. Try to find the sweet spot when its bright enough for you to see and not bright enough to have that effect on darker content.
  3. #3  

    Default

    And about issue 1, I get the messages automatically, but their timing sometimes is a bit off. It doesn't feel like push, it's a lot more like pooling.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

    Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

  4. dwosch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karloptimux View Post
    I can answer number two. What you see is called "bleeding". It is caused by the placement of the backlights behind the screen. Most lcds will suffer bleeding, and its a normal behaviour. If you turn the brightness to a minimum you will notice the bleeding reduction. Try to find the sweet spot when its bright enough for you to see and not bright enough to have that effect on darker content.
    Okay, it is called 'bleeding'. It's not a problem it all - just noticed it while watching a movie

    Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    And about issue 1, I get the messages automatically, but their timing sometimes is a bit off. It doesn't feel like push, it's a lot more like pooling.
    Yea it really feels like pooling. Seems like he is pooling the messages for the last - i don't know - 10 minutes and then sends it to the Playbook / message app. Hm okay that's sub-optimal but okay. Seems like that there is now way to 'resolve' this. An integrated push facebook messenger in the message app would be cooler
  5. SparkyBC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,100 Posts
    #5  

    Default Two 'small' problems (Display, BB Message application)

    Or just wait for Bb10 to hit the playbook and you'll have a good app once and for all.
  6. dwosch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyBC View Post
    Or just wait for Bb10 to hit the playbook and you'll have a good app once and for all.
    Greet you,
    why 'or'. I don't want to return the playbook just because of the messenger 'problem'. Overall i am very happy with the playbook. It contains more than i ever excepted
    Dougielas likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwosch View Post
    Greet you,
    why 'or'. I don't want to return the playbook just because of the messenger 'problem'. Overall i am very happy with the playbook. It contains more than i ever excepted
    He meant to say that the PlayBook will get BB10 and that both issues will be solved then.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

    Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

    Thanked by:
    dwosch (01-18-2013) 
  8. dwosch's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    He meant to say that the PlayBook will get BB10 and that both issues will be solved then.
    I found a solution for the Facebook messenger problem - its called 'Smarter Apps Chat for Facebook'.
    Works fine and you get push notifications on new messages. I paid EUR 2,49 for the application.

    Further question:

    I have an old Blackbarry Bold 9000 at home - can the Bold 9000 be used for "bridge"?
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwosch View Post
    I found a solution for the Facebook messenger problem - its called 'Smarter Apps Chat for Facebook'.
    Works fine and you get push notifications on new messages. I paid EUR 2,49 for the application.

    Further question:

    I have an old Blackbarry Bold 9000 at home - can the Bold 9000 be used for "bridge"?
    I believe the bb phone would need OS 5 or newer to bridge. You can try it. Actually, a quickie way, visit rroyy.com and look for bridge for the OS you have. You probably can't get appworld if you don't have a bb account for the phone.
  10. #10  

    Default

    The 9000 can be updated to 5.0 so that's a positive.

    AppWorld (I so want that name to change...) works over WiFi now, so you're probably all set... IF you make sure the 9000 can perform properly compared to more modern berries (128mb memory and 624mhz processor).
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

    Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with BB Facebook Application
    By iCandie in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 11:36 AM
  2. Problems with BB Facebook Application
    By iCandie in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 11:36 AM
  3. BB Messenger not displaying incoming messages?
    By acherner in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xx
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 10:06 AM
  4. Camera and Display Problem in BB Curve 8300
    By albela99 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 06:13 PM
  5. problems sending myspace messages from BB??
    By cheungsta in forum Discover BBM Friends
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions