Finally I got my 32G PB and I am really liking it. But I have two questions.

First - The PB says is 32G but actually is 29.6G. I know that is not going to be exact, but I am missing 2 full G. Is this normal for everyone or just mine?

Second - I want to download Blackberry News App for Playbook through the browser but I get the following message: "This item is not supported by your current device profile". How can I download it or what do I have to change.

Thanks in advanced guys.
    12-19-11 11:18 PM
    question 1, yes thats normail.

question 2. open App World and download from there, right now there is no way to install straight from the browser
    12-19-11 11:20 PM
    More relief now for the answer to my first question. For the second I did that and I didnt find it in my App World. I did a search and look for it "manually" without success.
    12-19-11 11:24 PM
    More relief now for the answer to my first question. For the second I did that and I didnt find it in my App World. I did a search and look for it "manually" without success.
    Perhaps it is an application only available for BB phone OS as yet? Remember that PB OS is different to BB OS and not all games/apps are compatible across the 2 different platforms.
    12-19-11 11:27 PM
    Blackberry News is totally there from Appworld....weird that you don't find it. Where are you...maybe limited to certain countries.
    12-19-11 11:32 PM

First - The PB says is 32G but actually is 29.6G. I know that is not going to be exact, but I am missing 2 full G. Is this normal for everyone or just mine?

Second - I want to download Blackberry News App for Playbook through the browser but I get the following message: "This item is not supported by your current device profile". How can I download it or what do I have to change.

Thanks in advanced guys.
    Not sure here aboit q1 but my 32gb showed 29gb aswell.. 3gigs is alot for an os but i assumed thats where that went ? and the preload apps.. but just a theory lol as for the bb news app open appworld search news and sort by price its on the second line of apps you cant miss it
    12-19-11 11:36 PM
    Your country may matter. I found it by searching for "news" and then sorted by PRICE. It wound up being the 1st item in the second row but that may vary.
    12-19-11 11:43 PM
    Not sure here aboit q1 but my 32gb showed 29gb aswell.. 3gigs is alot for an os but i assumed thats where that went ? and the preload apps.. but just a theory lol as for the bb news app open appworld search news and sort by price its on the second line of apps you cant miss it
    in answer to qu1: There isnt a hdd in the world that gives you its full capacity; pc, tablet, phone, none. it has been a bug bear of mine for years as i feel that the hdd makers should make the drive larger so you get to use what you pay for.

qu2: I am in the UK and that app is showing in my appworld.

hope this helps.
    12-20-11 12:25 AM
    Yes, BlackBerry News is available both for the PlayBook and for BlackBerry phones on App World. I'm in Mexico and the app is supported for download here.
    Regards
    12-20-11 12:32 AM
    12-20-11 12:35 AM
    I think this may explain if not give you a stroke...talk about heavy reading. After a while you just feel like saying "ok fine" .
    Hard disk drive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    12-20-11 12:36 AM
    Downloads best from App World. Open App World, from the features page, hit the apps tab, then hit News and Information, on mine it's the top left app in the All category.
    12-20-11 12:41 AM
    Followed the link and can see the application but I get message " this item is not supported by your current device profile" and there is no download button.

I am on current OS but have not installed the updated dingleberry patch as yet...
    12-20-11 12:43 AM
    Followed the link and can see the application but I get message " this item is not supported by your current device profile" and there is no download button.

I am on current OS but have not installed the updated dingleberry patch as yet...
    Hmm thats kinda strange you should have np with that app on any pb Os i believe.. it worked fine for me on 1.7 and 1.8 habent tried 2.0 yet
    Last edited by Alt-F4; 12-20-11 at 01:57 AM. Reason: pb typo
    12-20-11 01:55 AM
    It's definitely not available in all countries.
    If you peruse the comments below this post, you can find out how to get it:
    BlackBerry News for PlayBook updated to v1.2.0.5 - Now includes Google Reader importing | CrackBerry.com
    12-20-11 02:09 AM
    I'm in Canada and it was the first app under News - News & Information
    12-20-11 06:41 AM

1. File system formatting uses some of the storage capacity on any storage device including USB flash drives and traditional floppy diskettes. It is just you being dumb because you already knew the answer to the question and were looking to stir the pot of malcontent.

2. BlackBerry App World is the only place you will find BlackBerry applications with the exception of a few third-party websites. Which "BlackBerry News App" are you trying to download and install? When you speak in generalities you expose yourself; details are essential if you expect resolution.
    12-20-11 07:31 AM
    I'll have the same problem, and I found that it was a bug with the language you set your PB, I am in french and I have to put the PB in english to download many apps.If you are already in english, try different language.
    Last edited by Sergag; 12-20-11 at 09:49 AM.
    12-20-11 09:05 AM
    Maybe the problem is the location. I live in Puerto Rico, that may explain why. However, I dont understand why RIM limits the availability of their apps. I can expect that from a third party but not from the maker of the PB. I just hope they change their minds. Thanks to everyone for your help.
    12-20-11 08:11 PM
    I've gotten this error message while trying to download apps to my Style from my browser instead of from within the actual AppWorld app. For some reason it always thinks I'm trying to download to my Playbook when I access from my browser & tells me things aren't compatible with my device. I have to open the AppWorld app and then no problem. Just thought I'd put this out there in case somebody else runs into this issue.
    Last edited by Chrysalis1156; 12-20-11 at 10:44 PM.
    12-20-11 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD