I couldn't actually figure out how to describe the situation in the title properly. This is not about having two PlayBooks with the same BBID talking to each other. That doesn't work (at least for now).

My sister called me by Video Chat and I answered on my primary PlayBook. Any of you with two PlayBooks on the same BBID know that both will ring, and you can answer on either one, so nothing new here.

They were having trouble calling between her PB and her husband's. After sorting that out, we had him try calling me, though we were still on the first call.

Somewhat surprisingly, my second PlayBook rang, and I was able to answer his call on it without it interfering with my primary PB and its call with my sister!

I think it's a nice sign that the whole multiple-devices-with-one-BBID thing is within RIM's grasp with BBM and the phones etc.
    jafobabe and BuzzStarField like this.
    02-24-12 07:42 PM
    Wow! Good to know... Thanks Peter!
    02-24-12 07:47 PM
    Can you do three way or conference calling?

Call more than one other PB/BBID at same time or is it just point to Point?
    02-24-12 09:06 PM
    Now that you can video chat using PINs, you should be able to video chat between 2 PBs on the same BBID.
    02-24-12 10:01 PM
    Now that you can video chat using PINs, you should be able to video chat between 2 PBs on the same BBID.
    Interesting thought... I tried without specifying PINs, just "calling myself", and that didn't work. I'll test out the PIN idea tomorrow if nobody else does first.

Zildjian71, for now there's no conferencing support, so point-to-point only. I don't think anyone expects RIM to leave it that way forever, given how much value the business community would see in multi-way video conferencing, but they've said nothing about that feature. I would imagine, since unlike the point-to-point it might require the data to traverse their infrastructure, they could see that one as a revenue stream, so I wouldn't necessarily expect it to be free...
    02-24-12 10:40 PM
    I will be very curious if two separate pins with the same blackberry id can call each other.
    02-25-12 12:06 AM
    With the resent hacking of the FBIs conference call by anonymous I think that BB conference call, video chat and PlayBook are starting to look really good.
    It was recently said the hacking web based conference calls is the easiest method of corporate espionage. I hope RIM has a complete solution.
    02-25-12 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD