I was gonna sell my 16gb PB to my friend and buy a 64gb, but I would like to leave all the apps I bought on it. Is this possible?
    12-14-12 06:51 AM
    Yes, it is. I sent one to my sister in Spain and the same apps are on both. Each time you buy something from App World it will question you if it was accessed previously from the other PlayBook because it recognizes the PIN's. Just confirm that you want to use this PIN and all will be fine.

The only drawback I've found is not being able to Video Chat between these two tablets because they share the same BlackBerry ID. It's possible to enter the other's PIN as their Video Chat address and you can see when they're online but I've never been able to make a call go through. If anybody else has found a way around that I'd love to know.
    12-14-12 08:10 AM
    Yes, it is. I sent one to my sister in Spain and the same apps are on both. Each time you buy something from App World it will question you if it was accessed previously from the other PlayBook because it recognizes the PIN's. Just confirm that you want to use this PIN and all will be fine.

The only drawback I've found is not being able to Video Chat between these two tablets because they share the same BlackBerry ID. It's possible to enter the other's PIN as their Video Chat address and you can see when they're online but I've never been able to make a call go through. If anybody else has found a way around that I'd love to know.
    Great, thanks for that. I'm not one for videocalling anyway, we can bbm voice chat now.
    12-14-12 09:43 AM
    Two PlayBook's and one BBID is possible... but two BBID's in one PlayBook is not...
    12-14-12 10:11 AM
    Another issue might be - the new owner wants to add apps - they will only be able to buy using the current YOUR bbid!!!
    12-14-12 10:49 AM
    It might be easier to backup your apps and then either have your friend create their BBID in advance and you can just load the apps on the Playbook before-hand.
    12-14-12 02:09 PM
    Another issue might be - the new owner wants to add apps - they will only be able to buy using the current YOUR bbid!!!
    That's not really a big deal, he's my best mate since childhood.

If he logs in with his BBID will the apps installed under my BBID disappear?
    12-14-12 02:26 PM
    That's not really a big deal, he's my best mate since childhood.

If he logs in with his BBID will the apps installed under my BBID disappear?
    If you see bazjeepers reply, those items can POSSIBLY be restored (I don't know if the copy protection kicks in when doing the restoration and finds a dissimilar bbid). But if they can be restored to a bb with a different bbid, then they will NOT disappear.
    12-14-12 02:54 PM
    With everything being tied to bbid it could pose much bigger issues when BlackBerry10 arrives on the PlayBook.
    12-14-12 04:17 PM
    I've actually done this tonight.

My 6 year old son constantly borrows my PlayBook to play some games, watch TV, listen to music, take pictures and some limited internet surfing and to facilitate this I've downloaded apps, media and games to my PlayBook that I would never use.

to save arguments santa has got him his own for Christmas... this was a no-brainer as the cost of a PlayBook with its spec is so good compared to a childs tablet... as I was setting up his 3 year old sisters Vtech Innotab 2 tonight also.

I used my Blackberry ID to setup his PlayBook and was thrilled to find I didn't have to pay for HIS apps again on HIS machine.

I didn't know I couldn't video chat with him which is a little disappointing as I occasionally work away from home... but this is remedied as I will video chat through my wifes PlayBook... who has her own ID.

So, we are now a 3 PlayBook family and its going to be a great Christmas!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-14-12 05:18 PM
    You should be able to video chat as long as you connect using his PlayBook's PIN.
    12-14-12 06:27 PM
    In BB10 u won't be able to BBM each other. The popup can be annoying.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    12-14-12 07:52 PM
    I think I have it figured out, we can both use my BBID so he can access my apps but in Appworld he can use his own payment method to buy further apps while I'll use my paypal on mine.

The PBs will not be used for communicating, we have our BlackBerrys for that so we should be good.

I'll report more once we do the deal
    12-15-12 02:58 AM
    You should be able to video chat as long as you connect using his PlayBook's PIN.
    This keeps popping up.. and I keep knocking it down.

Rule #1: Video chat between PB's sharing a BBID does not work. Period.

Connection via BBID or PIN has no impact on that ultimate "not working"-ness.

To nail a related myth... Video chat doesn't magically start to work if the PB's sharing a BBID are on different WiFi networks. (See Rule #1)

I've believe I've tried all possible scenarios, and I've yet to see a single "I've done it, and it works! Here are the settings to use" counter-posting on CB.

Tho' it probably doesn't matter to OP because it's the shared apps he's after, and that does work.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 12-15-12 at 12:27 PM.
    12-15-12 06:05 AM