While I think the PB is fantastic hardware, for overall productivity, it is hard to justify. Definitely not at the intro prices. But that's me.

I think RIM learned a lot about from its brief foray into tablets.
    10-14-12 05:30 PM
    It does "documents to go" which is also available on Android. It's not very good, though. I use the free kingsoft office on Android, it seems just as featured as the playbook one with the plus that I can use a decent soft keyboard
    I use Android, and one reason I switched over is that the options for office suites were far more expansive than on BB/PB. IIRC, D2G Android is better than D2G for BB.
    randall2580 likes this.
    10-14-12 05:32 PM
    Had a PB for awhile and also a Kindle Fire due to me being so wrapped up around the amazon ecosystem. Ended up selling the PB, giving the kids the Kindle and keeping the N7 for myself.

Truly the best tablet experience I have had thus far.

What is best for one, might not be best for another.

A lot of people are extremely biased in here, granted it is a BB forum.

Guarantee if you went to XDA, it would favor heavy if compared to the PB. Matter of fact the PB hardly ever gets compared....its either another Android tab or Apple.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    10-14-12 07:44 PM
    I still have my pb and two android tablets. I only use the pb for work because they provide bb phones. It's not the hardware its the lack of apps and the stupid file system. I have files and folders and still have trouble. It makes an excellent GPS.with Magellan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    ryder4587 likes this.
    10-14-12 09:11 PM
    Tablet talk app on the Nexus 7 is basically like bridge sms. There seems to be an app for everything

10-15-12 01:25 AM
    A lot of people seem to consider BB10 as the end of problems. But this is not guaranteed :

- a bug-free delivery
    - an interest by developers
    - a superiority to other systems at the time of delivery

And overall, as a user, WHY wait till mid-2013 when you can have it all now on Android ???
    10-15-12 03:03 AM
    A lot of people seem to consider BB10 as the end of problems. But this is not guaranteed :

- a bug-free delivery
    - an interest by developers
    - a superiority to other systems at the time of delivery

And overall, as a user, WHY wait till mid-2013 when you can have it all now on Android ???
    Yeah i just got sick of waiting for apps as well, i still like the playbook for its hardware but they need to get major developers on board if BB10 is going to go anywhere otherwise it will be to little to late.
    10-15-12 03:28 AM
    plenty of free office suites in the market. Which email accounts did you try to setup?
    I have an outlook account and several POP accounts. I was never able go get them working but again, I don't think it was a device issue; it was a user issue. I am sure I made mistakes during set up. As for the office suites, yes there are plenty in the market. Just none that came pre installed with the device. It wasn't a deal breaker though. What was were the lack of a camera, good speakers and my preference for the PlayBook UI.
    10-15-12 04:53 AM
    I have both the PB and the N7 and like them both for different reasons.
    The PB has the following features that are better than the N7:
    1. HDMI for viewing HD videos or the PB on my TV screen.
    2. Superior audio and it's in stereo.
    3. Flash capable.
    4. Higher quality built.
    5. Multi task.
    6. Stable OS.
    7. Two cameras.

The N7 excels over the PB with the following features:
    1. Faster CPU and much faster boot time than the PB.
    2. Smooth and fast loading of web sites. The PB has constant annoying checker board when you scroll through web sites.
    3. Better apps like Netflix, Skype, browsers like Chrome, Dolphin, Firefox.
    4. Seem less integration of Google maps/Google earth/Google now/Nav/Google calendar/yellowpages app/Contacts.
    I use my N7 more than my PB as it works well with my Samsung Galaxy Note.
    I enter my daily appointments on either my N7 or my Note cell in Google calendar and it instantly sync on both devices.
    When I'm driving I can simply open the appointment in my calendar app on my Note, click on the phone number if I want to call the other party.
    Then I can click on the address and it'll launch Google map to show me the destination. Then if I want I can switch over to Navigation and drive to my appointment.
    I can do the same in the YellowPages App.
    I find the N7+Note cell a perfect combination for my daily use.

Last edited by DC-IT; 10-15-12 at 06:09 PM.
    randall2580 likes this.
    10-15-12 05:57 PM
    I have both the PB and the N7 and like them both for different reasons.
    The PB has the following features that are better than the N7:
    1. HDMI for viewing HD videos or the PB on my TV screen.
    2. Superior audio and it's in stereo.
    3. Flash capable.
    4. Higher quality built.
    5. Multi task.
    6. Stable OS.
    7. Two cameras.

The N7 excels over the PB with the following features:
    1. Faster CPU and much faster boot time than the PB.
    2. Smooth and fast loading of web sites. The PB has constant annoying checker board when you scroll through web sites.
    3. Better apps like Netflix, Skype, browsers like Chrome, Dolphin, Firefox.
    4. Seem less integration of Google maps/Google earth/Google now/Nav/Google calendar/yellowpages app/Contacts.
    I use my N7 more than my PB as it works well with my Samsung Galaxy Note.
    I enter my daily appointments on either my N7 or my Note cell in Google calendar and it instantly sync on both devices.
    When I'm driving I can simply open the appointment in my calendar app on my Note, click on the phone number if I want to call the other party.
    Then I can click on the address and it'll launch Google map to show me the destination. Then if I want I can switch over to Navigation and drive to my appointment.
    I can do the same in the YellowPages App.
    I find the N7+Note cell a perfect combination for my daily use.

The n7 is flash capable even if not officially supported. There are browsers like boat that handle flash in amazing way

Sent from my LG-E617G using Tapatalk 2
    10-16-12 07:56 AM
    The n7 is flash capable even if not officially supported. There are browsers like boat that handle flash in amazing way

Sent from my LG-E617G using Tapatalk 2
    Yes I have flash on my t300 and my new ug802 android mini cpu and the flash does work but in my limited experience I would say it can be very cranky and boat browser at least for me gave me no flash kindness at all the only other browser on droid that I can say I like is dolphin for tabs beta just got done deleting firefox beta and did same with opera and a few others the stock browser is the best for my needs at least while I'm satisfying my droid curiosity and learning the os.
    Just my 2bits.
    10-17-12 08:29 PM
    In the end I decided I didn't like the Nexus 7 enough to keep it. Too complicated. I didn't like the Playbook either - it's just too slow.

Happily some other people on eBay were happy to take them off my hands. I'm now tablet-less. I will look at the iPad mini but not sure it's worth the money.
    11-01-12 02:55 AM
    Lol all that just to decide you didn't like either tablet?

Well to each their own I guess.

But again the Nexus is only complicated because you chose to make it complicated. There is nothing even remotely complicated about it.

And I am surprised you didn't hold on to your Playbook to try out BB10 on it.
    11-01-12 03:05 AM
    After I got my iPad I realized how much I can't live without my Macbook
    After I tried an Android tablet, I realized how much I don't like Android, and how much I can't live without my iPad
    After I got my Playbook, I realized how much I can't live without Flash, and how much I CAN live without my iPad and Android!

I learned some lessons - no tablet can replace a REAL computer, and no tablet should be without Flash in a full-featured Browser. (I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's just something I don't like about Android, maybe it's how it renders Flash/graphics... I don't know)
    11-01-12 09:13 AM
    Kenneth D. : Why don't you use Ghost Commander if you are more used to Android File Managers?
    11-01-12 01:30 PM
115 ... 345