What I find really impressive is how the PB out performs many pc's

Everyone needs to stop the PB vs iPad pissing competitions.......enough is enough....

..........everyone who owns a PB on the forum is fully aware the PB pee's further....and has a bigger..........you know...........processor......
    samson47 likes this.
    02-27-12 11:02 PM
    I was showing a friend the RIM/TAT video of wireless document sharing on my laptop and the video kept pausing. I pulled it up on my PlayBook browser and the video played flawlessly. Another nail in the coffin of my laptop.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    02-28-12 12:02 AM
    The remote control feature is not only a feature, but a great tool! I teach courses, and recently used.....wait for it.....my 9810 Torch to control my Toshiba Android tablet....yes, that's right...not my playbook.....my ANDROID....I had to use the Android for the presentation instead of the PB in this case.

I absolutely love that feature and consider it a huge advantage over "the competition"...to be able to control BOTH Blackberry and Android tablets with my phone.

Apple can kiss my Black (berry) a.s.s.
    samson47 likes this.
    02-28-12 02:33 AM
    It is a novelty feature based on your usage example. When I travel, I don't find hotel rooms with updated LCD TVs with HDMI connection, most of them have those old CRT TVs.
    I will buy Motel 6 or Super 8 for $1000, Alex.
    02-28-12 05:20 AM
    Can we not just agree that the PB is better for somethings and the ipad is better for others???
    02-28-12 05:22 AM
    Can we not just agree that the PB is better for somethings and the ipad is better for others???
    no we cant ...playbook is better ,always

p.s. i just posted the complete opposite in an ipad forum
    02-28-12 05:26 AM
    Lol ...you gonna find a kindle fire one too ?
    02-28-12 05:53 AM
    Wow, you can use a phone as a remote. The power is just truly stunning. I will have to remember that if I ever see the need to buy a phone as a remote to control a 7 inch tablet that is connected to my television. Sorry, but it is a novelty feature, hardly a demonstration of power.
    It is a demonstration of the power and capabilities of the Playbook. It also allows for flexibility and creativity for those who actually use their device to earn money, not just load a bunch of applications that basically waste your time away.
    02-28-12 06:03 AM
    It's not a novelty its a functionality, the matter of fact is I would rather use my playbook as my media Centre while hooked up to my big screen tv instead of of my powerful ps3 and my macbook. It's an impressive functionality option that is definitely not a novelty that undeniably does represent the power of both devices being used together just try it like I said and I shall see what I am talking about. And seriously what the heck brought up the ipad crap. Lol I think apple has hired trolls to just come into our forums and instigate hate.
    Unfortunately, it is a novelty feature. Even with 64GB PBs, without streaming capability of your own video libraries (and lack of other video services, especially in Canada), usefulness of PB as media player is severely crippled no matter how you look at it. In addition, requirement for a BB phone to use it as a remote is another problem, much like lack of native PIM was a problem prior to OS 2.0.

I've been trying very hard to make my PB a media player, and none of the solutions worked well. This doesn't include putting the output on the TV screen. I need access to the media library first. $90 WD TV does all that very well, unlike the clunky solution involving PS3 /w MacBook.

In addition, majority of videos will need to be converted for PB. How can PB be used as a mainstream media center with all these limitations?

Just like GPS capability, support for SW is lacking to take full advantage of these neat features. Until these limitations are addressed, PB as a media center is not a practical solution and it will remain as a novelty feature.
    02-28-12 06:56 AM
    It's unfortunate that the OP can't just enjoy his experience and device. Why do members of a Playbook forum have to tell everyone with a positive story that they shouldn't enjoy the device? I just don't understand.
    02-28-12 07:13 AM
    The remote control feature is not only a feature, but a great tool! I teach courses, and recently used.....wait for it.....my 9810 Torch to control my Toshiba Android tablet....yes, that's right...not my playbook.....my ANDROID....I had to use the Android for the presentation instead of the PB in this case.

How does that work? BT pairing as a keyboard and mouse?
    02-28-12 07:19 AM

Everyone needs to stop the PB vs iPad pissing competitions.......enough is enough....

..........everyone who owns a PB on the forum is fully aware the PB pee's further....and has a bigger..........you know...........processor......
    I agree, unfortunately it doesn't help in this matter when a member of the Crackberry team posts a novel on the Crackberry cover a few days ago ( iPad 2 vs. PlayBook 2.0: Tablet Smack Down!) comparing the two devices.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 02-28-12 at 07:43 AM.
    02-28-12 07:39 AM
    How does that work? BT pairing as a keyboard and mouse?
    Yup that's right Gabe ! update the bridge SW on your phone if you haven't already. in the BB bridge on your phone you'll see "use remote control" I use it all the time. It's great fun to play games like monopoly on the 50"
    02-28-12 08:00 AM
    I've never owned a ipad, iphone, or an android. I've been told that I'm missing the cutting edge of technology and all that stuff, I just smile and say I'm okay with what I have. If I want something different I'll get it because I want to. No other reason. I think different is good. Some can say better, some can say worse, I like the word different more. And if you get something different than what I have, it's okay. Have a nice day.
    02-28-12 09:06 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD