Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Trouble syncing playbook for the first time

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and could really do with some help.

I've bought my girlfriend a 64GB playbook for Christmas and thought it would be good to put all her music and films on before I give it to her.

I've installed the desktop software on my laptop which is running windows 7 64bit. When I plug the playbook into the USB it detects that it's there and then an icon appears in the bottom right of the screen to say its connecting. It stayed like this and didnt change for 10 mins. I tried unplugging the USB and plugging in again but it did nothing.

I also tried uninstalling the desktop software and re-installing but it's still doing the same.
    I have a blackberry curve so tried that lead and got the same outcome.

If anyone can help me out I would be most grateful

Cheers
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

It was trying to install the drivers for the PB. Although 10mins is a bit too long. If I were you I would restart the pc, reinstall the desktop manager and try again. If it fails, download ccleaner, do a cleaning and repeat the steps. Don't forget that there are two other ways to transfer files and folders to and from pb.

To transfer movies from your PC to you PB.

1) the wifi file sharing option: tap the gear icon on the top right corner of your PB. from the drop down menu scroll down and tap in "storage and sharing". Tap on File sharing", "wifi sharing" and "password protect" to give them the value "on". It will ask you to create username and password. Make sure that you write them down somewhere (they are case sensitive) cause there is no way to retrieve them if you forget them. Now, on the left menu go all the way up and choose "about". The top line says "view information about your tablet: General". Click on the general and choose network. Make a note on the numbers next to iPv4. Ignore the right slash and the two numbers after it.Now go to your PC, open the a windows explorer and at the address bar type without the quotes "\\Numbers_next_to_iPv4"\media. Ok, seriously now, put the numbers NOT the sentence. Now you are inside your palybook from you pc. In the window that will appear double click on the media folder, it will ask you for username and password which are the ones that you created earlier and now its a matter of dragging and dropping your videos to the video folder.

2) Just connect your PB to your pc using the supplied usb cable, and then its another drive in your PC so just drag and drop.

See if the Blackberry Device mananger is in the TaskTray (lower right). Check Properties and then Mount as Volume.

Check the Control Panel and see if anything appears out of sort.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks for that pal

It's really very simple when you know how, I've already put on all the stuff I need to

Why do they bother with the blackberry desktop when drag & drop is o easy!!

Thanks again