I recently purchased a PB, and so far love it! I'm having one small problem however, and that is installing android apps.

I've been through the forums, and have exhausted myself searching for the specific answer to my question. I've seen the question posted several times, but have yet to find the resolution.

I've noticed two installers may be used: DDPB or BBH Tool.

I've been trying to use DDPB, and find that it's quite easy to for installing apps which have already been converted to .BAR files. When I try and open them on my PB however, nothing happens. It opens, but the screen is blank.

I'm using a 16gb PB with OS 2.0.1.358.

Which installer will work best, and what am I doing wrong?
    04-18-12 06:50 PM
    I use DDPB. I don't have any problems sideloading converted apps. Can't explain why you are.

However, there is a sideloading forum. You should ask in there.
    pb-radio likes this.
    04-18-12 08:23 PM
    Make sure your PB is in development mode before you install the bar file.
    pb-radio likes this.
    04-18-12 09:51 PM
    Did you purchase your PB new or used? People who had installed the beta android player when they were running OS1 ran into problems when they updated to OS2. Try installing one of the free android apps from app world- say Ghost Commander or Dolphin Browser- and see if they work in the android player.
    pb-radio likes this.
    04-18-12 10:03 PM
    I followed the instructions step by step, including being in dev mode.

I did purchase it used, from a friend who had switched to iPad.

When I tried to install either of the other android apps available in AppWorld, I got this message:

Install Error:[0003-0005]

I searched the forums and found suggested solutions, none of which seemed to do the trick. I've had this error occur periodically in the past when attempting to install apps. It seems that time was the only thing that would bypass it. Later attempts proved successful.

That being said, I will attempt again tomorrow to install Ghost World or Dolphin Browser and go from there. Thanks.
    04-18-12 11:31 PM
    As I said, if you purchased it used, your friend may have sideloaded the beta android player under OS1, and if so this could make android apps not work under OS2. There are threads on this issue as this affected a number of people. Ask your friend if he was sideloading android apps under OS1, and do a search for beta android player- the fixes will be listed in some of those threads.
    pb-radio likes this.
    04-18-12 11:42 PM
    Ok, the prob was with my wifi, after deleting and re connecting to my home network, I was able to install and use Ghost Commander.

All steps (installing apps through DDPB) went as scheduled in the installation process including the icon appearing. When I open it, it says initializing briefly then goes blank. I can move back into the android player, but the icon doesn't appear there. Is it possible the BAR file itself was corrupt?
    04-18-12 11:47 PM
    Definitely try a different android bar.
    pb-radio likes this.
    04-18-12 11:50 PM
    I'm not sure if appworld Android apps have problems or not but you can try. Go to appworld and download Dophin browser. See if it works or also has problems.
    04-18-12 11:54 PM
    It was definitely the BAR file I was trying to install. After finding another one, installation was a breeze. Sorry to waste your time with such a simple problem, thanks all for the help.

That being said, any suggestions as to where dependable BAR files can be found?
    04-19-12 12:13 AM
    Look in the Sideloading sub-forum
    pb-radio likes this.
    04-19-12 12:27 AM
    Only troublesome thing in this is the Android app itself.. DDPB works fine for me..

OP either the App you are trying to run is just converted android to playbook but it doesn't really work. So you can install it but black screen will appear or you will be forced back to recent application list. Or you have a weak internet connection or trying to access via bridge.. A good internet connection really helps..

Lastly, you can try waiting for a while to let the app load completely.. try a shutdown / start after installing the apps.. Try not to hurry up and run the next android app incase the first one doesn't work.. give the same app try again..
    pb-radio likes this.
    04-19-12 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD